Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2019, 10:43 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,407,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
CrowdStrike is a long debunked conspiracy tale that Republicans such as Rep. Michael Waltz keep trying to peddle.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/gop-re...s-ukraine-call

CrowdStrike is just insane conspiracy nonsense claiming that the Russian government wasn't responsible for hacking the DNC serve and Podesta's emails, but rather that CrowdStrike somehow framed Russia because its co-founder is Ukrainian, which he is not.

Trumpworld believes and peddles a lot of nutball nonsense, but Crowdstrike does not appear to be gaining much traction.

It is unlikely to provide much cover for Traitor Trump.
Trump is the first potus where we are seeing the real damage that comes from having uninformed leaders use absurd CEC conspiracy bull**** to motivate public policy decisions.

Old 10-13-2019, 10:45 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
This is really a big deal - that twitter screen above.......but just one of many big deals to come....

"The U.S. ambassador to the European Union, Gordon Sondland, intends to tell Congress this week that the content of a text message he wrote denying a quid pro quo with Ukraine was relayed to him directly by President Trump in a phone call, according to a person familiar with his testimony."

The Crime Boss telling soldiers exactly what to say. Color me surprised. The walls are tumbling down...

Old 10-13-2019, 10:46 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Trump is the first potus where we are seeing the real damage that comes from having uninformed leaders use absurd CEC conspiracy bull**** to motivate public policy decisions.
Yep - even Reagan didn't listen TOO MUCH (but some) to Nancy's astrology BS

Old 10-13-2019, 10:47 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Trump is the first POTUS who is stupid enough to fall for every conspiracy theory that comes along. Think about that. We are being ruled right now by a man who would be perfectly comfortable in a tinfoil hat. Scary times.

Old 10-13-2019, 10:57 AM

1,070 posts, read 391,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
This is really a big deal - that twitter screen above.......but just one of many big deals to come....

"The U.S. ambassador to the European Union, Gordon Sondland, intends to tell Congress this week that the content of a text message he wrote denying a quid pro quo with Ukraine was relayed to him directly by President Trump in a phone call, according to a person familiar with his testimony."

The Crime Boss telling soldiers exactly what to say. Color me surprised. The walls are tumbling down...
1- Sondland donates $$ to Trump campaign

2- Trump names him ambassador - a post he knows absolutely nothing about - par for the Trump course

3- Trump dictates to Sondland “no quid pro quo”

4- Sondland agrees to testify - it wouldn’t surprise me if Trump blocks him for a 2nd time

Sondland: “this is a Fine-Mess I’ve gotten myself into.” “I didn’t sign-up for this nonsense - can I get my $$ back and go home?”

Old 10-13-2019, 11:11 AM

8,494 posts, read 3,335,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
President Trump said, “I would like you to do us a favor though, because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it, Trump said. “I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say CrowdStrike … I guess you have one of your wealthy people … The server, they say Ukraine has it. There are a lot of things that went on, the whole situation.”

Funny how no~one wants to talk about CROWDSTRIKE!
We have been. Giuliani was running around Syria to gather up 'evidence' on the 2016 elections and Crowdstrike that he then fed to Trump. This concerned US diplomats who monitored it because it was undercutting US policy goals. And led to the US envoy - Zelensky outreach to Giuliani that resulted in the Trump-Zelensky call.

This whole mess began with the Trump obsession about 2016 with the Bidens thrown in for good measure.

As for Giuliani's "dossier" its now in the hands of the FBI. From what I call tell the evidence is being used not to investigate the Bidens but by Federal investigators to examine whether Giuliani was acting on the behalf of the Ukrainian government official who provided it to benefit himself. Giuliani did not file as an agent acting on behalf of a foreign principal.

So, yes - there's stuff going on connected to Crowdstrike - it's just not the result that Trump and Giuliani wanted. Time well tell.

Old 10-13-2019, 11:12 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
If Trump was so interested in fighting corruption in the the Ukraine, as he is now claiming, why did he get rid of Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch? She was fighting corruption.

Old 10-13-2019, 11:19 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,407,602 times
Quote:
Just because he changed his mind, for whatever reason, it remains a violation of our laws in the first place.
I agree, my point was the fact they only released the aid once this was going public is further evidence they knew what was going on was in violation of the law.

Old 10-13-2019, 11:22 AM

1,070 posts, read 391,628 times
Quote:
If Trump was so interested in fighting corruption in the the Ukraine, as he is now claiming, why did he get rid of Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch? She was fighting corruption.
And the only ‘corruption’ Trump was chasing was the Bidens, hence, “meet w my lawyer Rudy” who would have no biz getting involved in Ukraine’s internal corruption such as bribes etc. between Ukrainians

Old 10-13-2019, 12:23 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyNC View Post
And the only ‘corruption’ Trump was chasing was the Bidens, hence, “meet w my lawyer Rudy” who would have no biz getting involved in Ukraine’s internal corruption such as bribes etc. between Ukrainians
The whole business of Trump sending Giuliani over to get them to manufacture dirt on Biden's son is so blatantly an abuse of power, I'm surprise anyone even argues in favor of it.

If Trump was so interested in rooting out corruption, he need look no further than Giuliani and his dealings with these two yahoos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies