Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2019, 01:39 PM

18,563 posts, read 7,370,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyNC View Post
He’s tried in the Senate, not the media...
Schiff disagrees, and so do all the Lefties (other than you) in this thread.

Old 10-15-2019, 01:44 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
You really must hate Fiona Hill, then. Trump told her she could testify, but couldn't discuss A, B, or C because of "executive privilege". Fiona told him to stuff it and testified for ten hours, and from what has come out, she held nothing back.

Since Trump couldn't stop her, it's a signal he can't stop anybody. The more testimony that is entered, the more likelihood there is that the latecomers are going to tell the Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth, because if there is any discepancy in comparing the various testimonies, it is going to cause a lot of questions to be asked.
Yep, Trump is losing his hold. And in perfect Trump fashion, the rats are deserting the sinking ship and it's every man or woman for themselves. Those who have information are going to want to tell it before it gets uncovered that they knew and didn't speak up. Their chances of avoiding implication of wrongdoing are much slimmer if they come forward and answer truthfully when they are called. And most of them will, as we are seeing now.

Quote:
Sondland is going to have a tough act to follow.
Sondland had a very cushy, easy life before he bought an Ambassadorship with a huge donation to Trump's inaugural (most of which probably ended up in a Trump pocket.) I highly doubt he is going to do anything that might jeopardize that cushy life to save the skin of a serial liar. He's going to testify truthfully and hope to get out of this without any negative repercussions. And I suspect he won't be buying any Ambassadorships in the future.

Old 10-15-2019, 01:44 PM

18,563 posts, read 7,370,877 times
Quote:
You really must hate Fiona Hill, then. Trump told her she could testify, but couldn't discuss A, B, or C because of "executive privilege". Fiona told him to stuff it and testified for ten hours, and from what has come out, she held nothing back.

Since Trump couldn't stop her, it's a signal he can't stop anybody. The more testimony that is entered, the more likelihood there is that the latecomers are going to tell the Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth, because if there is any discepancy in comparing the various testimonies, it is going to cause a lot of questions to be asked.
That doesn't make any sense. Testifying is optional. And testifying early as opposed to late has no bearing on whether your testimony will contradict someone else's.

Old 10-15-2019, 01:49 PM

1,070 posts, read 392,396 times
Please send me link that “Schiff says Trump’s tried in media.” I musta missed it

When does the Media Trial begin please - I wanna make-sure that I’m watching it...

Old 10-15-2019, 01:56 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Uh, oh. Trump's favorite polling outfit has just put impeach/remove at 50% with only 38% opposed--all the cultists--holding firm. Guess Trump will start trashing them now as part of the Deep State.

https://twitter.com/ScottWRasmussen/...58847943630853

See, THIS is why the Democrats aren't rushing to a vote. Let the trend to remove continue with every single drip, drip, drip. Nancy is one smart cookie.

Old 10-15-2019, 02:03 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Excellent. Macanudos are also good, as is most of the top of the Arturo Fuente lineup. My personal favorite is an Oliva Master Blends Serie 3, but they're getting harder to find since that tobacco batch is almost gone.

Old 10-15-2019, 02:03 PM

Quote:

Sondland is going to have a tough act to follow.
Here’s Trump vs. F.Hill:

See: “ Hill’s lawyers also made a legal argument that executive privilege disappears when there’s reason to believe there was government misconduct. Hill’s lawyers asked the White House to weigh in further, according to the correspondence.” WH whiffed on weighing in hence she testified

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/tru...-hill-n1066126

Old 10-15-2019, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Excellent. Macanudos are also good, as is most of the top of the Arturo Fuente lineup. My personal favorite is an Oliva Master Blends Serie 3, but they're getting harder to find since that tobacco batch is almost gone.
Cue and I live fairly close to each other. When Trump falls we’ll meet for scotch and cigars!!

Old 10-15-2019, 02:10 PM

46,276 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Cue and I live fairly close to each other. When Trump falls we’ll meet for scotch and cigars!!

So, which one will be slick wille and monica?

Old 10-15-2019, 02:12 PM

46,276 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
not removed, not removed, not removed

Move the goalpost. Move the goalpost. Move the goalpost. Move the goalpost. Move the goalpost. Move the goalpost. Move the goalpost. Move the goalpost. Move the goalpost. Move the goalpost. Move the goalpost. Move the goalpost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies