Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2019, 07:19 PM

6,116 posts, read 4,608,458 times

Advertisements

Unlike some who want to make this a hyper-partisan issue, I'm just someone who is proudly independent, but I think it's very reasonable to set an expectation to be a good stewart of our planet, whether that be to reduce the threat of rising sea levels from increased CO2 emissions, or reduce health issues such as lung disease, and simply being mindful of not polluting our air, water, and land.

It was because of past leadership (including Republican Presidents Richard Nixon and George Bush, Sr.) that the US made strides in environmental protection (not allowing open dumping of toxic wastes into rivers or unfettered spewing of carcinogenic pollutants into the air, etc). Our young people deserve nothing less than someone who will fight for their grandchildren's and future generations home being protected rather than mocking the need to do so.

And yes, people need to step this up individually, and yes, while we need to make sure we're doing the right things at home, wayward countries like China need to also be pressured to step up their game.

This was an interesting read, by the way, which I think gave a fair analysis.

https://static.berkeleyearth.org/pdf...ate-change.pdf

Last edited by Jowel; 09-25-2019 at 07:31 PM.. Reason: Note: I edited post (mainly for style/clerical issues) after this was quoted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2019, 07:22 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,268,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
...a real scientist knows there is no such thing as this, 'settled science' argument spouted by the global warming crowd...science, by it's very nature is never settled...ask Copernicus, Galileo or a medical doctor form a hundred years ago where 'blood letting' was an accepted scientific fact in curing many ailments...

...whenever you here the 'settled science' argument, laugh at them, then just walk away...
Where is the peer-reviewed research saying today’s global warming is natural and good for us?

Old 09-25-2019, 07:22 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
Unlike some of the vehement partisans who are vocal about this issue, I'm just someone who is proudly independent, but I think it's very reasonable to want to be a good stewart of our planet, whether that be to reduce the threat of rising sea levels from increased CO2 emissions, or reduce health issues such as lung disease, and simply being mindful of not polluting our air, water, and land.

And yes, people need to step this up individually, and yes, while we need to make sure we're doing the right things at home, wayward countries like China need to also be pressured to step up their game.
Most people across the spectrum want to be good stewards of the planet. As someone who spends 75% of my time in natural settings, I want clean water and air as much as the next person.

I am not going to however, submit to government telling me what to do so the elites can gain more control. In fact, there is nothing we can do to correct climate change, assuming it is man made, short of returning to a pre-industrial state of being. I am not willing to do that and neither are the vast majority of people. There may in fact be 10 people total who are willing to live such an impoverished, harsh life.

Let's also not forget that pollution and climate change are two totally different phenomena, although most non-thinking people do not understand that, nor have they ever questioned it.

Old 09-25-2019, 07:49 PM

18,448 posts, read 8,275,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Where is the peer-reviewed research saying today’s global warming is natural and good for us?
If global warming is so bad....why did they put policies in place that make it a lot worse a lot sooner?

The policies say "developing" countries get to increase their emissions....all based on some nonsense about population (per capita)...or economics (GDP)....or some feel good 'fairness'

..and then claim that every thing is caused by global warming...and billions of people are going to die..and the planet uninhabitable

...if global warming is so bad and dangerous....why did the climate scientists that advise the UN/IPCC advise them to put policies in place to destroy the planet a lot faster?

Old 09-25-2019, 07:52 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Demonicraps Climate Liars are using their Climate Scam for power and profit....I'm opting out to the extent I can.

Old 09-25-2019, 08:22 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
On ExxonMobil’s website.

Old 09-25-2019, 08:38 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
When some climate hysteric starts preaching their gibberish, I just walk away. That’s the amount of attention I give those self righteous idiots.

Old 09-25-2019, 08:57 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
When some climate hysteric starts preaching their gibberish, I just walk away. That’s the amount of attention I give those self righteous idiots.
And what data or research do you use to refute what the climate scientists are claiming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies