Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 01:04 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,526,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I've grown to really dislike liberals, thanks to social media such as this one. Whereas previously, I believed they were kind but naive with their "let's help others" policies, I now have seen how they look upon (and treat) people who disagree with them - with complete contempt and despicable insults. They are intolerant and hateful, and basically consider anyone who fails to fall lockstep behind the liberal agenda as an inferior life form worthy of disdain - sort of the way Hitler viewed the Jews.
But that is absolutely no different from how liberals get treated in far Christian Right conservative forums
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2019, 01:29 AM

32,914 posts, read 12,218,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Again: keyboard warriors and trolls and random posters on the internet do not fall under "people I have met." Which is what I asked you.

So, again, seriously, where do you live that you are constantly surrounded by people like that?

It's listed in the upper right hand corner of every one of his posts.

There is only one.

It's in Florida.

Old 09-26-2019, 01:30 AM

32,914 posts, read 12,218,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So President Trump is a liberal.

Old 09-26-2019, 01:43 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,734,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Again: keyboard warriors and trolls and random posters on the internet do not fall under "people I have met." Which is what I asked you.

So, again, seriously, where do you live that you are constantly surrounded by people like that?

Florida. And if you don't think there are not people in every State who feel that way, I have some swamp land down here to talk to you about. Who do you think those clowns are who go to Trump rallies, liberal plants ?

Old 09-26-2019, 03:21 AM

16,237 posts, read 5,836,157 times
More?

No, but hardliners from both sides are just about the same beast.

Old 09-26-2019, 04:10 AM

19,394 posts, read 6,453,546 times
Quote:
There are countless examples, here and on other forums. One that comes to mind was when I said I thought we should abolish affirmative action based on race and instead base it on income. Much more fair, and it would still give people, black or white, a "bump up" in opportunities if they came from poor families. For that, I was called a racist POS, a neo-Nazi, accused of marching in Charlottesville, and all sorts of other hateful stuff.
Quote:
I've grown to really dislike liberals, thanks to social media such as this one. Whereas previously, I believed they were kind but naive with their "let's help others" policies, I now have seen how they look upon (and treat) people who disagree with them - with complete contempt and despicable insults. They are intolerant and hateful, and basically consider anyone who fails to fall lockstep behind the liberal agenda as an inferior life form worthy of disdain - sort of the way Hitler viewed the Jews.
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
You just likened whoever to Nazi as well. I'd say that evens the score.
Thanks for proving the point about how disdainful and intolerant the liberals are when faced with a differing opinion. You innocently asked for an example, I gave an EXCELLENT one, and bam! - it was only a set-up to demonstrate more disdain.

Again, thanks for demonstrating the very point of this thread - the absolute disdain people like you have for those who disagree with leftist policies. The very fact that you tried to draw a parallel between my first two posts is a result of that intolerance.

P.S. I started to explain why the parallel you attempted to draw doesn't hold water, and then I realized that your intolerance wouldn't allow you to comprehend it.

Old 09-26-2019, 04:12 AM

19,394 posts, read 6,453,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But that is absolutely no different from how liberals get treated in far Christian Right conservative forums
I wouldn't know, because I've never been to what you call a Christian Right conservative forum. Do you go to them, or are you just guessing?

Old 09-26-2019, 05:25 AM

29,972 posts, read 18,537,375 times
Quote:
Thanks for proving the point about how disdainful and intolerant the liberals are when faced with a differing opinion. You innocently asked for an example, I gave an EXCELLENT one, and bam! - it was only a set-up to demonstrate more disdain.

Again, thanks for demonstrating the very point of this thread - the absolute disdain people like you have for those who disagree with leftist policies. The very fact that you tried to draw a parallel between my first two posts is a result of that intolerance.

P.S. I started to explain why the parallel you attempted to draw doesn't hold water, and then I realized that your intolerance wouldn't allow you to comprehend it.
You are correct. You demonstrated the intolerance of liberals. The study is very interesting, as it shows that libs and democrats are prejudiced and intolerant of other people's views.

It is not surprising, as liberalism is based in totalitarianism and by its nature shows contempt for individual rights and freedom of speech. Totalitarians never allow dissention, and liberalism is just another example of this type of behavior.

Old 09-26-2019, 05:39 AM

68,287 posts, read 54,108,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
You're intolerance of 50% of America, which you disparage by your choice of words used to describe them, is why Trump will win easily in 2020. You can't possibly sneak in enough illegals by then to make a difference. Your level of hatred of your fellow Americans has no place in a free, modern, civilized society.

Funny you speak of intolerance while you champion Trump who is the whiniest, most intolerant SOB to ever occupy the White House.

Old 09-26-2019, 05:52 AM

15,798 posts, read 6,239,184 times
Quote:

Go ahead. I'm not the only one reading the thread. Maybe they have the intellectual capacity I lack and you guys can have a good laugh. I dish it out plenty so I can take it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies