Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 04:45 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times

Advertisements

Im here to see what the enemy is up to (D's and R's, "voters" ) and laugh at the notion that the political process can change lives for the better

Old 09-26-2019, 04:57 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
As a democrat it's very frustrating to see Trump get away with his constant crimes. Can you imagine if Joe Biden used the office of the Presidency to bribe a foreign leader? They would hang Biden. He would be disgraced 24/7. But Trump is somehow above the law? Get this trash out of office before he gets us all killed and destroys the environment. ACT NOW
What crimes? Storing classified information on private server? Wait, that was Hillary.
Collided with Russians about uranium? Still Hillary.
Didn’t care if an ambassador was murdered? More Hillary.

Old 09-26-2019, 06:50 AM

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I use this forum to blow off steam and I have no personal animus toward any poster. It is posts like the above that give me pause and it is usually right-wingers that post this garbage. "I'm on the side with the guns". I would never dream of writing anything like that, What does that mean? Your preparing to shoot your neighbor?

I look at this forum as a way to discuss issues and it does get heated. It does mean there is hatred. Far from it. Maybe it is because I have friends who are far right of me and we still out for beers and deinks.

Some people on this forum really need more human interaction as far as I can see.
You for one, post stuff like this (flaming rhetoric) on a daily basis. What I am posting is fact. I own a bunch of firearms and one of the reasons is just in case our Govt decides to start a war against us. It's called 2A. I don't actually hate anyone. I do believe a lot of people, like yourself, hate me simply for who I am. I've had people trash my truck simply because I've had a hunting sticker in the window. I've had people flip me off because I had a legally hunted, dead deer in the back of my truck on the way home. People actually called me racist for wanting a border wall. How illegal is a race now just doubles down on the insanity today.

I'm ok with that just know that ya, I'm the guy with firearms that is not giving them up. I want control of our borders too. The part that really really yanks ya'alls crank is that I'm not white. That probably makes more people angry than anything.

Old 09-26-2019, 06:54 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
The meanest forum I've ever been to is one moderated solely by a progressive liberal. I sometimes wonder if he set up his forum strictly as a platform to shovel hate at Republicans. The liberals have flocked to it like moths to flame.
Liberals tend to be hateful and intolerant; they think opposing views are not just a different opinion, but should be crushed and eliminated, as they are "evil".

Old 09-26-2019, 06:56 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,214,344 times
Quote:
Can you imagine if Joe Biden used the office of the Presidency to bribe a foreign leader?

How about Vice-President ?

The level of ineptitude and willingness to look the other way from the left on their own leadership is monumental.

Old 09-26-2019, 06:56 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,383,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
There's always been constant arguing around here. But lately, pretty much every reply that crosses the isle comes with a cutdown attached to it. It's almost like a political food fight right now. And this whistleblower thing just really just kicked everything up to that last notch. I think it's hilarious though. I sure don't envy the moderators right now.

Have the P&OC veterans ever seen anything like this?
Glorious isn't it? I love watching the left implode!

Old 09-26-2019, 06:59 AM

21 posts, read 10,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Yes, it is safe to say we hate each other. The political divide in this country is the political equivalent of the Hatfield and McCoy feud...
I know a couple who cut their best friend out of their wedding photos because he came out as a Trump supporter. I know of no Trump supporters who have done something similar to the Trump haters in their life. Even on sites like twitter, a lot of the hostility you see from the right is defensive in nature. The left HATES the right with a visceral passion and the right is reacting to it in a lot of cases. You attack people, call them nazis and racists and fascists and try to ruin their lives with the cancel culture and their reaction to your attacks is not going to be gentlemanly to say the least.

Old 09-26-2019, 06:59 AM

17,428 posts, read 14,650,567 times
I've definitely been guilty of being snarky towards an individual.

But I don't think I've ever cast a net over an entire group of of people who vote differently than I do. And I can't stand it.

I detest the name calling when it pertains to group - Libbtards*, Repugs - how does that further anyone's argument? Or "you Trumpies are all alike" or "all Libards are snowflakes" ... I mean, what does that ever achieve in any debate?

I definitely don't want CD to make rules against that ^ but I do wish collectively we could all agree to stop with the group name-calling.

*CD starred out the correct spelling but left Repugs intact.

Old 09-26-2019, 07:00 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Apparently you have never been on right-wing forums. I read so much hate on those forums that it truly shocks the conscience.
Why go there? I don't even know of any - not that I'm looking.

Old 09-26-2019, 07:01 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Biden DID use the office of the vice presidency to financially benefit his son in dealings with the Ukraine and China.

It does not take "imagination" for this- it is what happened.

It is amazing that the left fails to understand that it was Biden, not Trump, who committed a crime. However, the hatred of Trump by the left has prevented them from seeing this uncomfortable fact.
The left is unable to see their own very obvious hypocrisy. I think they're so deranged from hate against the imaginary enemy (Trump voters) that it's fried their brains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies