Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 11:37 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,346,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
There's always been constant arguing around here. But lately, pretty much every reply that crosses the isle comes with a cutdown attached to it. It's almost like a political food fight right now. And this whistleblower thing just really just kicked everything up to that last notch. I think it's hilarious though. I sure don't envy the moderators right now.

Have the P&OC veterans ever seen anything like this?
The personal attacks instead of addressing the topic, means you are winning!
Once they go after the messenger, or question you instead of what you said, it is over for them as the panic sets in.

Old 09-26-2019, 11:40 AM

5,768 posts, read 3,195,772 times
Quote:
There's always been constant arguing around here. But lately, pretty much every reply that crosses the isle comes with a cutdown attached to it. It's almost like a political food fight right now. And this whistleblower thing just really just kicked everything up to that last notch. I think it's hilarious though. I sure don't envy the moderators right now.

I note that the press was frequently breaking into regular programming during Nixon's last days like they did today.

Old 09-26-2019, 11:40 AM

18,627 posts, read 7,462,976 times
This is the most mud flinging I've ever seen in this forum

It's actually what the libs wanted.

For the first time since the Great Depression when they gained power, they are facing tactics they cannot counter. They have lost the shield of a media that will misrepresent their agenda, understate its failures to deliver as promised, and pillory normal people who disagree with them with the usual slurs and lies ("racist", "homophobes", "heartless", "misogynistic" etc.).

They now have a President who takes his message directly to the people rather than letting the media filter and spin his words, and who announces their failures clearly and pointedly. And worst of all, normal people (i.e. the majority) have come to realize the liberals lie regularly, both about themselves and about their opponents, and those people have gotten into the habit of disbelieving the liberals routinely.

The liberals' responses have been predictable. Turning up the smears, lies, and slanders to unheard-of levels; declaring every little thing normal people do will destroy the country and do grievous harm to whatever segment of the population is today's designated victim (blacks, women, homeless, whomever). And we are seeing exactly that here in this forum. Naturally, some normal people are also fighting fire with fire and smearing and insulting the liberals right back.

Liberals wanted this, since they cannot counter normal peoples' arguments by pointing out facts about themselves or their opponents. Such revelations would only cause more and more people to vote against the liberals and kick them wholesale out of office. All the liberals can do is continue to slime and lie about their opponents and falsely build themselves up, and hope somebody believes them somewhere. But with normal people disbelieving them (and their mouthpieces in the mainstream media) more and more, this tactic is resulting in diminishing returns to the liberals.

Liberals are in a fight for their political lives... and they are losing. The scorched-earth policies they are employing as a result, are as predictable as they are destructive... because the liberals can do nothing else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
Trust me, this is not what Libs wanted.
You may be correct... to the extent that nobody wants to lose a war, especially one they started themselves. But now that the liberals started this war (decades ago) and have continued it to the present day, the tide is turning against them.

They are losing the confidence of normal Americans, as well as losing the people's confidence in the media that has shielded them consistently. And have succeeded only in showing normal Americans that the liberals' constant accusations, slanders and lies against the huge number of people who disagree with them, are nothing but hate-filled screeds backed with no significant evidence or truth.

I'm sure the liberals didn't want that. Just as, when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor, they definitely wanted to do the initial attacks... they just didn't want what came as a result.

The Democrats should have thought about the situation that would result from their attacks. Not just gloried in their glee of staging the initial attacks... especially with such little grounds or truth.

When you start a war, especially a malicious and unjustified one, you really ought to first consider what will happen if you lose.

Because the liberals have been losing for the last 2-1/2 years. And you're probably right. The liberals didn't want that.

Old 09-26-2019, 11:43 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,366,539 times
You have to love how a thread about how our political discourse has degraded into mudslinging on this forum has turned into mudslinging.

Now that's hilarious.

Old 09-26-2019, 11:44 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,353,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
Hate's a strong word. I really just pity the fools.
I pity those whose psyche is so attached to the maniac that they can’t bring themselves to ever accept anything he could possibly do could be wrong.

Murder on 5th Avenue would still be a nothingburger to these people.

Old 09-26-2019, 11:45 AM

23,739 posts, read 14,854,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Yes. I once read that conservatives think liberals are just wrong, but liberals think conservatives are downright evil. That always explains the venom with which they attack; they think it's justified.
Perhaps you need to read more. Especially writers who you might not agree with their POV.

One bleak dark winter my family went to hear every speaker at all the colleges and universities in our town. And other public events. The speakers were far left and right.

Funny thing. In their own ways they defined our problems the same. Their solutions were a tad different but also pretty much alike. They just had different vocabularies.

I believed liberals to be evil when I was mixed up with the local bunch of John Birch society members. So that line you once read is not correct, AFAIC.

Old 09-26-2019, 11:45 AM

16,850 posts, read 10,483,795 times
I feel bad, not hate, for people who are brainwashed.

Old 09-26-2019, 11:46 AM

76,886 posts, read 47,198,677 times
Quote:

Yes, it was worse during Obama era. The only difference is that with Trump we are talking about real scandals / cover-ups while with Obama they were mostly fake scandals.

But this is what Trump actually WANTED. He wants to divide, and then play people against each other, which is why he says things which are deliberately designed to disrespect certain people/groups of people, and even entire States.

Old 09-26-2019, 11:49 AM

18,627 posts, read 7,462,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
You have to love how a thread about how our political discourse has degraded into mudslinging on this forum has turned into mudslinging.
Some of us aren't mudslinging at all. We don't need to.

As the last decent Liberal President said: "They tell me, 'Give 'em hell, Harry!' But I don't give them hell. I give them the truth, and they think it's hell."

But as far as the liberals go, when they are losing, the don't have any facts or truth they can use to turn the tide. All they have is mudslinging. And so you are guaranteed to see huge amounts of mudslinging as the Democrat party forms one circular firing squad after another, and then blames their targets for the results.

Last edited by Roboteer; 09-26-2019 at 11:58 AM..

Old 09-26-2019, 11:56 AM

50,059 posts, read 46,599,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Speak for your self. I pay plenty of taxes and a lot of it go to prop up those with guns who live in states that can’t keep themselves afloat because they love their guns but they have no tax basembecause most of their people didn’t finish high school....I don’t have a gun, and I don’t know how to use one. But I pay my police dept to keep law and order. That’s enough for me. I go to a fully stocked grocery stores for my food, and i am against picking up road kills as my family's meat selection.
Hilarious. Dependent on your govt. There will be some type of catastrophic event in the future. Fully stocked grocery store. Freakin comedy. I've already seen how that works here with a long power outage. Cidiots with no stored food. No gas. No way to defend yourself from looters. You'll be one of those begging your neighbor that's like me for some food, water or protection from looters after all the local stores have been emptied.

The cops can't help, you'll be begging for the National Guard. You know, those people like me that will have to come rescue you from yourself. In the meantime you'll go hungry and sit and wait in the dark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies