Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2019, 07:33 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,449,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
They haven't quite yet figured out how to ban autos and trucks so those same Zealots don't go plowing down 40-120 people who are Christmas shopping on their city streets.

Who needs a knife when you've got a 20,000 LB truck.
Good point!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2019, 07:37 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,449,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I see both US and British police are now looking at new non-lethals.

The new Bola-wrap looks like something out of Spiderman.

Spider-Man type restraint touted for use by UK police causes alarm - The Guardian

LOL. OK. Notice nobody in the video was running. And even if you're lucky enough to get a "bolo" around someone, that doesn't keep them from continuing to fire a weapon. Might be good inside a prison or something like that.

Old 09-29-2019, 07:39 AM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
It's HIGHLY DISHONEST to try to make the uninformed believe say a .22-250 (Or other centerfield round with a .22 diameter projectile.) is anything like a .22LR

SHAME ON YOU!
IF you think .22 LR out of a handgun won't kill you good luck in your research.

I know a lot of people that routinely kill deer with 80 grainer loads in .223/5.56. It's completely legal. No one is comparing .22 lr to any center fire .22 caliber rifle round.

Old 09-29-2019, 07:42 AM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
They haven't quite yet figured out how to ban autos and trucks so those same Zealots don't go plowing down 40-120 people who are Christmas shopping on their city streets.

Who needs a knife when you've got a 20,000 LB truck.
Terrorists will stop at nothing to do their dirty work. IEDs, home made flame throwers,knives, vehicles. They'll stop at nothing. Why are we importing them again?

Old 09-29-2019, 08:23 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Unbelievable. What is next for England banning hammers too? They can be very dangerous. I can see it now, every carpenter and handy man will have to have a background check, a waiting period, extra insurance mandates to buy one and then if they pass the requirements they are handed a large inflatable hammer like what kids and clowns use to whack each other.

I can easily see this type of nonsense coming to America when there is a Dem in the White House.

Old 09-29-2019, 08:33 AM

1,877 posts, read 678,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Here is my sailing knife, bought 40 years ago in England.

The second photo is what the same company is allowed to make today.

It's all well and good until you need to stab into something like heavy sail canvas in a storm, then the point and extra blade length can mean life or death.

I'll stick with what's worked for hundreds of years.
What makes you think they have changed the design because that is what they are allowed to make?

I would think that is very unlikely to be the reason as there are no regulations that I'm aware of saying the original design would not be allowed to be manufactured.

Old 09-29-2019, 08:38 AM

1,877 posts, read 678,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
LOL. This person is talking about a nuclear device in a thread discussing forced usage of child-proof, no-poke butter knives with rounded edges. Not only does it describe a worthless eating utensil but it's also an apt description for leftist men as well. LOL. We have a word for this kind of knife in the US. We call it a spoon.
Reading comprehension clearly isn't your strong suit. Who is being forced to use this type of knife exactly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
What European leftists DONT want to discuss is the WHY they are doing this. They are doing this because they imported a population of inbred zealots who go around stabbing people when they can't get their hands on a gun. That's the WHY it's happening.
I don't know if the Rayware company is run by 'leftists', but I doubt they are producing this knife due to anything other than consumer demand.

Old 09-29-2019, 08:53 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,430,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Unbelievable. What is next for England banning hammers too? They can be very dangerous. I can see it now, every carpenter and handy man will have to have a background check, a waiting period, extra insurance mandates to buy one and then if they pass the requirements they are handed a large inflatable hammer like what kids and clowns use to whack each other.

I can easily see this type of nonsense coming to America when there is a Dem in the White House.
I went to the supermarket this morning. The hardware section was full of large kitchen knives, with sharp points on them. When is this ban coming in, so I can buy sharp knives before they are banned?

Maybe I should check out the hammer section as well. You never know........

Old 09-29-2019, 08:54 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,926,415 times
Punji stick or any sharp piece of wood can inflict fatal wounds, is the British government going to outlaw chopsticks and barbeque sticks too?

Old 09-29-2019, 09:36 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,430,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Punji stick or any sharp piece of wood can inflict fatal wounds, is the British government going to outlaw chopsticks and barbeque sticks too?
Watch my lips. The British government are not going to ban sharp pointed knives. They are not going to outlaw chopsticks and barbecue sticks.

This is a very silly thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies