Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 07:55 PM

39,855 posts, read 26,482,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Republicans are against freedom when it comes to social issues (abortion, euthanasia)
So what you're saying is that Republicans place value on human life. Are you saying that Democrats don't?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2019, 07:56 PM

588 posts, read 224,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Remember that conservatives are pro death penalty but also anti-abortion. It's difficult to follow their twisted logic.
Not really. I'd rather be on the side of saving innocent babies and killing violent criminals than killing babies and saving violent criminals. Glad to know where you stand. Unbelievable.

Old 09-27-2019, 01:54 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by osu1978 View Post
Not really. I'd rather be on the side of saving innocent babies and killing violent criminals than killing babies and saving violent criminals. Glad to know where you stand. Unbelievable.
So you quite passionately feel that abortion must be viewed as nothing but all out murder. So, then how do you force a woman from having an abortion, if you're really on the side of saving unborn babies? For instance, if you would be too afraid to block a woman from entering an abortion clinic to save an unborn baby, then I'm afraid I certainly wouldn't trust you to save my life if you saw fatal danger coming my way.

Old 09-27-2019, 02:40 AM
nng nng started this thread

695 posts, read 289,181 times
I think what it boils down to is republicans hate the idea of women being able to control their own reproduction. It's really telling when they are in favor of banning abortion for even victims of crimes such as rape and incest. You know, childbirth and pregnancy are not easy things to go through. Childbirth and pregnancy can cause gestational diabetes, preeclampsia, and incontinence, and they want to force this onto victims of rape and incest. I frankly think it's gross and disgusting.

Old 09-27-2019, 07:07 AM

588 posts, read 224,808 times
Quote:
So you quite passionately feel that abortion must be viewed as nothing but all out murder. So, then how do you force a woman from having an abortion, if you're really on the side of saving unborn babies? For instance, if you would be too afraid to block a woman from entering an abortion clinic to save an unborn baby, then I'm afraid I certainly wouldn't trust you to save my life if you saw fatal danger coming my way.
I can't make any sense of your post, its truly bizarre. Not sure how you got from defending violent criminals and killing babies to me not being trusted to save your life but oh well. Have a good one Stillwater and don't worry if your life is in danger I will do my best to help.

Old 09-27-2019, 07:51 AM

36,493 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
I think what it boils down to is republicans hate the idea of women being able to control their own reproduction. It's really telling when they are in favor of banning abortion for even victims of crimes such as rape and incest. You know, childbirth and pregnancy are not easy things to go through. Childbirth and pregnancy can cause gestational diabetes, preeclampsia, and incontinence, and they want to force this onto victims of rape and incest. I frankly think it's gross and disgusting.
Again with the generalizations. Why dont you say the majority of republican congressmen. Those are the people that introduce abortion restriction bills.

Again I am pro choice but if one is anti choice and believes that abortion is immoral or murder I for the life of me can not understand how they can make an exception for a fetus conceived of rape or incest. Is that fetus not a baby or human life worthy of protection? What is the qualifier to make a fetus worthy, that the mother consented to sex and maybe enjoyed it?
So yes I can see why those anti choice people would include a fetus conceived of rape and incest with one conceived through consensual intercourse.

Old 09-27-2019, 08:23 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Quote:
Remember that conservatives are pro death penalty but also anti-abortion. It's difficult to follow their twisted logic.
Then the reverse argument is equally valid..

Me? I have no issue with killing convicted murderers, drug dealers, rapists and pedophiles. The world is a better place for it.

Abortions are not my sin, if it is a sin, and if bible bangers believed their teachings they would leave it for their lord to judge.

Im in the middle and see the hypocrisy on both sides.

Old 09-27-2019, 08:24 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
So what you're saying is that Republicans place value on human life. Are you saying that Democrats don't?
I'm a liberal and I totally understand being pro-life when it comes to abortion.

But euthanasia is a different matter. If someone's life is being confined to a hospital bed rotting away in his own filth and being consumed with agony, and he doesn't see it as much of a life, I certainly wouldn't disagree with him. Preventing him from peacefully ending all that would be condemning him to indefinite torment. To me, that's as bad as actual murder.

Old 09-27-2019, 08:27 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Quote:
Please stop being dramatic. Very few conservatives actually want to force rape and incest victims to carry to term. In fact, plenty of them are pro-choice, so long as they're not forced to subsidize them. You can have your abortions, but pay for them yourself.

Old 09-27-2019, 08:29 PM

52,681 posts, read 47,932,189 times
Default You Don't Know Conservatives

Quote:
One thing I have noticed about those people who are indoctrinated into religion is that they don't respect individual freedom. They want to decide what you can or cannot do. For example, in the cases of euthanasia and abortion. Euthanasia only affects the person who wants it done and no one else, but religious folks in this country, mainly Christians, don't want legalized euthanasia. These type of Christians don't care about personal liberty or bodily autonomy. And in the case of abortion. It is pretty mainstream now for republicans to be against abortion even if a woman has been raped. Pretty sickening if you ask me. Ironic that the party calling itself the party of freedom isn't really for freedom at all (Republican Party). Religion and politics shouldn't mix, IMO. Is anyone on here conservative on other issues, but pretty liberal on social issues? Plz make yourselves heard and known on this thread, because I really don't want to hear from angry conservatives saying nonsense like, all rape victims need to carry their rapists babies and such. Thank you all for reading.
And you think that that other party is going to be any better with your personal freedoms???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies