Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2019, 12:39 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,723,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Trump won't be removed from office, and he won't quit.

If he isn't POTUS in Jan 2021, it's because he lost the election, and for no other reason.

The House Democrats may very well be cavalier and capricious about their own party, so he may very well get articles of impeachment sent to the Senate, but McConnell and the Senate GOP are not going to be nearly as reckless and hysterical.

In the end, all of this will be a parlor trick to hang the asterisk on Trump's legacy, same as the GP did to Clinton. They'll get their "but he was impeached, just not convicted in the Senate" talking point about Trump that Republicans love to fling around about Clinton.

And it gives the Warren campaign something other than her awful platform to campaign on. Her current campaign cannot possibly win, so they'll make Trump's impeachment her entire campaign going forward.

Pretty much how I am reading today's tea leaves.
Warren's platform is the basis for her rise in the DNC, she's been more substantive than any other candidate. Plans and policy proposals galore...accordingly, I think of all the candidates she has the best ability to balance both going hard after Trump on impeachment and making the substantive case for her candidacy.

Old 09-27-2019, 12:44 PM

13,809 posts, read 5,517,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Warren's platform is the basis for her rise in the DNC, she's been more substantive than any other candidate. Plans and policy proposals galore...accordingly, I think of all the candidates she has the best ability to balance both going hard after Trump on impeachment and making the substantive case for her candidacy.
Her platform fails hard in middle America. Period. It woos voters she already has and alienates the ones she needs. She has an ExIm bank and cronyism problem that has yet to be properly exploited, but will be, and her new Indian nickname will end up being Speaks With Forked Tongue because of her easily, laughably transparent hypocrisy on cronyism.

But this thread is't about her, it's about Trump being removed from office. If it happens, it will because he lost an election and no other reason. If you honestly believes Dances With Cronies will beat him, good on ya for keeping faith in your political spirit animal. I doubt it, but the campaign will be funny to watch, that's for sure.

Old 09-27-2019, 12:50 PM

6,594 posts, read 4,970,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
BS, not just a wall. They want them to be able to go to college and get medical care and free schooling all on legal American tax dollars. It's all BS. Just so the democrats can have a new wave of losers to fall for their BS, because they know the Black people are getting ready to wake up and it's just a matter of time before they start creating their own party.
You think there is going to be a black party?

Old 09-27-2019, 12:59 PM

12,905 posts, read 13,581,296 times
He won't be removed from office, but isn't this a good opportunity for his supporters to hold him to the same standard that they held Obama to. Funny how he defends himself by pointing out that Biden did the same thing, yet he want's Biden to be investigated for doing the same thing he did.

I think Trump step in it this time. I would like to know who was supposed to be there, and wasn't or excused them selves from that room right before Trump made that call. The facts are so damning its like he was led to slaughter.

Old 09-27-2019, 01:04 PM

15,048 posts, read 10,018,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Neither does Adam Schiff
No one insinuated that either....

Old 09-27-2019, 01:15 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,415,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Trump supporters aren't all about plans and policy proposals. Just the opposite in fact. They weren't voting for Warren anyway though.

Old 09-27-2019, 01:25 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,080,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
No. The opposite. Plenty of Dems have also endorsed open borderss
If the borders are wide open why is it i as a Canadian have to go through a vigorous interrogation every time i go to USA, what need of the borders and their guards.

Old 09-27-2019, 01:29 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,227,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
You don't call up a foreign country and ask them to get the dirt on one of your political rivals. At least you didn't do that before Trump came along.
That sounds a lot like spying. You know what we used to do to spies...

Old 09-27-2019, 08:54 PM

16,037 posts, read 10,600,825 times
I truly suspect that even McConnell is getting tired of Trump's BS. He might like to see him go. He certainly never wanted to spend his time as majority leader wiping Trump's behind and making lame excuses. He looks like a fool. Any other GOP candidate from 2016 would have been better and easier to work with. He will be remembered as as Trump's toilet seat and always associated with a failed presidency. I doubt that he looks forward to four more years of this demeaning role.

Old 09-27-2019, 09:06 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,785,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Evidently White House personal and lawyers found the phone call problematic.

Why else would they have hidden it?
Because the WH leaks like a sieve?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.