Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2019, 02:06 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,335,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Do you actually believe a republican controlled senate will vote to impeach?

Bob.
I believe it is the House that votes to impeach and the Senate that holds a trial to decide whether Trump is removed from office or acquitted. History will remember Trump as an impeached president, no matter what the Senate decides.

Old 09-28-2019, 02:08 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:

Bob.
Duh. He will be impeached in the house and acquitted in the Senate.

Which is what I said.

Old 09-28-2019, 02:10 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
It's all for the cameras in an effort to sway public opinion. Of course, in doing so, the Dems have harmed our country and our Constitution and have opened a pandora's box for future presidents.
If that's all it was, they would have done it a long time ago. Pelosi resisted impeachment for years because she did not believe it would be politically advantageous at all.

However, this was the final straw.

Democrats actually put country before party; something the republicans will never do.

Old 09-28-2019, 03:02 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,552,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Doesn't appear to be "an innocuous phone call." You don't call up a foreign country and ask them to get the dirt on one of your political rivals. At least you didn't do that before Trump came along.

(Snip)

Utter Delusion on two counts.

1. You utterly mis-characterize the nature of the call, while simultaneously asserting by inference that Biden is immune from the negative impacts of his criminal conspiracy because he is seeking the nomination of his party so he can then run for office against President Trump.

2. the previous administration did things many, many times more "questionable", including cooperation with the Russians in their interference in the 2016 elections.

The dementia resulting from abject hatred of our great leader, President Trump, has destroyed all sense of proportionality, fair play, truth and even realty on the part of the left in the US (and I, for one, am very glad about it as it causes them to descend into the comically absurd on a hourly basis).

Keep it up, DemocRATS. You just continue to show and confirm to the world what vermin you are.

Old 09-28-2019, 03:04 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,552,685 times
Quote:

Bob.
You are a bit confused.

1. The House votes whether to Impeach or no.

2. The Senate votes to Convict or not on that Impeachment.

Old 09-28-2019, 03:35 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
Please tell me in the hours since you have posted that comment, that you now know Schiff read an admitted parody...his "interpretation", which is a much kinder term than his action deserves. Did you read the transcript? Not even close to Schiff's short story of fiction. Exact words are really important here. EXACT WORDS....that's what a transcript is. Of course the next line of dispute will be that the script was edited. Whatever. Corruption is rampant on both sides, but the left is so much more hypocritical about it. Pelosi's comment about the server is hysterical....if anyone would know about secret servers ala Hillary, it would be Nancy.

Sad and kinda scary that our country is filled with willing gullibility to believe such bull. I'm not a fan of Trump, but until the left offers up something better, I'll plan on voting Trump. Clearly, the left WANTS to lose, because the rabid behavior they are displaying will keep pushing the middle more and more to the right.
Doesn't matter what Schiff said, and no I didn't read the transcript. However, Trump admitted to talking to Ukraine about getting dirt on Biden, and then had the transcript moved to a secured server, which corroborates the whistleblower's complaint. That's enough for me.

I'm aware that the Dems may well lose the election. I'm just glad they finally stepped up to the plate and did the right thing.

I find it stunning that many in this country are still defending someone who obviously has no respect for the rule of law. Further, I find it stunning that some are upset that the Dems are doing what the Constitution allows for them to do when they find a president obstructing and lying like he's doing. But whatever.

Old 09-28-2019, 03:40 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Impeachment over an innocuous phone call will be dead before it really even begins. Trump is not going anywhere
That's right! Trump is not going anywhere!

Nice FAIL (again) by the hateful Demonrats!

He will be right there being re-elected in November.

The taste is bitter in the Dem's mouth. They look like TOTAL FOOLS!

Old 09-28-2019, 04:07 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,034,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Doesn't matter what Schiff said, and no I didn't read the transcript. << ...inaccuracies...>>> But whatever.

And there you have it folks. Willing gullibility. Trump will win again, and this is one of many reasons why.

Old 09-28-2019, 04:24 PM

1,137 posts, read 447,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Evidently White House personal and lawyers found the phone call problematic.

Why else would they have hidden it?
Because he is tired of having everything he does leaked, misrepresented and put in the press for every foreign nation to see. The news media in America has become the biggest enemy of the state since the cold war spies. Interestingly they use many of the same tactics as the communist regimes they so openly admire. They infiltrate under the guise of being allies, then undercut the authority of the very people they are salaried by the tax payers to support. Then they go unpunished, in fact rewarded via book deals and speaking engagements, while helping to destroy the greatest nation on earth.

Trump is our elected leader whether dimocrats like it or not. As such, he will speak to foreign heads of state about matters that don't belong on TV news, the internet or late night TV. Personally I think it is time to prosecute these traitorous people who leak our commander in chief's conversations under military law, in military tribunal court. Then if the leaks are found to be detrimental to the safety and welfare of the USA, put them in prison.

No nation can survive with it's leader being spied on by a hostile press. It is time to stop this once and for all.

Old 09-28-2019, 06:13 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,744,096 times
They still think if Trump gets removed from office, Hillary would take his place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies