Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2019, 05:21 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,769,934 times

Advertisements

Don’t overthink it. Impeach the corrupt con man.

Old 09-30-2019, 05:09 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
They now know they cannot win the 2020 election with the current candidates. This is why the new push for Impeachment.

The 2016 is behind us, Lawfare is more concerned about the next 5 years.
2016 is NOT "behind us" .... the DOJ and US Attorney are still investigating the genesis of the Dirty Dossier and how it all started, which is something that TeamMueller had ZERO interest in.

Lawfare Attorney's are working for the US House Committees - they aren't really concerned about the next 5 years. More than likely they are "concerned" about what the DOJ/Durham will find.

That could be more like 20 years ...... in prison for some.

Old 09-30-2019, 05:10 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
I will not vote for Trump and am not on board with impeachment.

So polls show rising interest in impeachment....it isn't showing those of us who don't vote for impeachment and who will not vote for Trump.

I find it hard to believe that if you support impeachment NOW you will vote against Trump in November

Old 09-30-2019, 05:17 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Of course, any reasonably sane republican candidate would be considered a RINO and, thus, insane, by the Trumplings. So according to people like you, there would be no sane candidates.

Imagine Trumpling heads exploding if we got a Biden vs Weld election next year. Or a Warren vs Flake election.
I'm shocked you are a Flake supporter .... he quit because he couldn't even get re-elected in his own State. I had you down for a Romney supporter.

I expect most folks are saying .... "who is Weld?"

Old 09-30-2019, 05:18 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,141,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Look, you see these Always Trumpers - Donald is their God. In their eyes, there is literally no conceivable scenario in which Donald could be in the wrong about really anything, ever. He really wasn't joking about shooting people on 5th Avenue and not losing support - that is true. For all his many flaws, we have never seen such an effective brainwasher in our lifetimes.

Impeach the guy and they will all believe it’s a political coup. There will be riots in the streets and the already bad divisions in the country will become unbearable. Increased division and toxicity only plays into Trump's hands; it energizes his base.

Unless the level of evidence significantly increases to show more systemic violations, I'd rather we solve this through the next election so that it has the credibility of the voice of the people behind it. Russia or whatever, I never believed our elections were truly compromised. Trump won fair and square, and he should lose in the same way.
You have a good (and well-written!) point. But what happens if he loses the 2020 election and then he and his supporters all start howling that the election was rigged?

Old 09-30-2019, 11:05 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,622,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Impeachment is only on the table when you don't think you can beat someone at the polls...even with ballot harvesting and a few cheats thrown in the mix. I wonder why the Dems are wasting their time now. They HAVE the House and could be doing a lot but this is where their energy goes. Telling.
There is a ton of Bills that the House passed sitting on McConnel's desk which he won't bring to a vote. He's an obstructionist.
As far as beating him at the polls about 5 Dems would win over Trump.
So since when is breaking the law OK? When it's a Republican President?
The right impeached Clinton over lying about a sex act yet now they look the other way when Trump does something far more serious.

Old 09-30-2019, 11:16 PM

1,485 posts, read 954,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Don’t overthink it. Impeach the corrupt con man.
Wellllp! Here you go America. We have an entire "lame duck" government not doing what they were voted in to do - serve the American people.

The entire democrat/liberal party is a cancer to the USA. They are the reason the world is laughing at us instead of helping us to make progress. The conservatives should harass and fabricate crimes and blame it on the next dem president his entire term so he can't do his job.

Old 09-30-2019, 11:27 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,564,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Let me guess, you think impeachment means to remove from office? We welcome impeachment, as it will continue to make the Dems look like partisan hacks and this process a witch hunt. He will never be removed from office by the Senate.
Your likely correct that the Senate will not remove him from office but also just as likely is a majority of Americans have little interest in re-electing an impeached President. You're welcoming your own political doom. Enjoy the downfall, you earned it

Old 09-30-2019, 11:33 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
The equation has changed because a candidate employed a foreign power to win a domestic election. That's unacceptable.
Hillary Clinton isn't the subject of this thread!

Old 09-30-2019, 11:41 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
They have evolved past the 2016 election.

They now want to Impeach him for 2 reasons.

1. They are afraid they can't beat him with their weak candidates.

2. There is about to be a lot of Corruption exposed by the Deep State over the next 12 months. Barr, Durham and company have things going on that may shake us all to to the bone.

They cannot afford 4 more years of Trump.
Correction, it isn't Democrats that cannot afford 4 more years of Trump. Nor is it the Republicans that can afford it (as they have pinned themsleves to the single most corrupt President. Trump makes Grant who had a corrupt bunch or Jackson's "spoils system" look like Joe's auto-shop.) But rather it is the United States ITSELF cannot afford four more years. I fear that the US will entirely implode by the time Trump is out if he does win. I honestly don't see him winning at this point. Too corrupt, too criminal and the economy is not doing that great.

Now Pence and Barr are implicated along with Trump and Rudy. And it doesn't even sound like an innuendo at this point. Trump's inner circle is nothing but as corrupt as they tried to paint Hillary and Biden. Projection much. Maybe Trump needs to watch less Fox News, InfoWars and The Blaze...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies