Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 08:09 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkstar71 View Post
You guys are falling hook, line, and sinker for all the fabrications the dems come up with. It's so easy to throw a lot of money at someone to get them to lie. Lie to congress, lie to the media, get on tv and lie to the American public.
And the pot is calling the kettle black with falling for fabrications by Trump and his handlers by the pubs. You believe anything he says from his Fox News and other shaky conservative reporting. Trump has spread a number of conspiracy theories as President and lied far more than any US President ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Unfortunately, the economy isn't growing because of the ACA that was enacted under Obama. Due to having large co-pays - a $2500 deductible as well as a $2000 OOP - I'm have to hang on to my money to pay for those $167.50 bills for routine blood work which use to be covered in full by my old insurance - or the $185 mamo bill because they had found a benign cyst the year before - so much for covering people with pre-existing conditions.

Obama caused a lot of this but you can't admit it so you'll just blame it on who ever is in office.
ObamaCare isn't perfect, but the Republicans want noting to do with improving it, even though it was based on a Heritage Foundation idea. They rather watch it burn than patch it up. This is the equivalent of running your beater car that you have the money to fix but you rather run into the ground instead.

Also ObamaCare isn't much different than legacy healthcare insurance was. People talk about rate hikes and honestly, most of it happened worse before ObamaCare was put into place.

Now I am sure companies don't want to hire above 30 hours, because of ObamaCare and they try to use more creative hiring options (temps, contractors, consultants, trying to claim independent contractor status, etc.) but ObamaCare isn't the be all end all. Healthcare was just as bad if not worse before ObamaCare.

Old 10-01-2019, 09:49 AM

4,299 posts, read 2,811,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I don't accept Trump since duly elected means lawful and in light of how he worked with Russia in 2016 (even if it isn't clear he did) and now with Ukraine in 2020. I honestly don't see at this point Trump winning. If Biden don't win, he'll be blindsided. He is making a gambit thinking Biden is it. I don't think Biden is electable and he'll wash out. Hopefully in early primaries. I think especially in the past week, Trump proved that he is far too corrupt. Even Pence could be at this point due to his recent implication in this. That and the economy as well as healthcare will be the death of Trump's presidency.
I really don't accept Trump these days because accepting Trump means I'm okay with my life being worse. I hope you are right. I am falling apart at the seams.

Old 10-01-2019, 11:48 AM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Yeah, they'll moan, whine and ***** until the cows come home. I'll laugh and tell them to stop being snowflakes and accept the duly elected President. Man will that hurt them when the shoe is on the other foot. I don't accept Trump since duly elected means lawful and in light of how he worked with Russia in 2016 (even if it isn't clear he did) and now with Ukraine in 2020. I honestly don't see at this point Trump winning. If Biden don't win, he'll be blindsided. He is making a gambit thinking Biden is it. I don't think Biden is electable and he'll wash out. Hopefully in early primaries. I think especially in the past week, Trump proved that he is far too corrupt. Even Pence could be at this point due to his recent implication in this. That and the economy as well as healthcare will be the death of Trump's presidency.
What the heck?

Old 10-01-2019, 02:00 PM

6,737 posts, read 4,421,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlarnla View Post
It's not a matter of if you like Trump or hate him. The issue is of precedence. If you don't at least try to impeach him, you legitimize everything he's doing and set a precedent that future presidents can behave the same way.

He will be impeached in the House, get use to that. Though it wont get pass the Senate. All that have been impeached in the House, have never gone on to be impeached in the Senate. That has never happened, and likely wont. Nixon came close but resigned. Trump will stay in office. But if you think being impeached wont have a stigma to your name, think again. Trump wont be happy and will continue to make a complete buffoon of himself.

Last edited by RcHydro; 10-01-2019 at 02:09 PM..

Old 10-01-2019, 02:04 PM

2,923 posts, read 978,426 times
there is nothing about the Ukraine phone call that is remotely impeachable. you people are completely deranged and out of your minds.

Old 10-01-2019, 02:05 PM

2,923 posts, read 978,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
I really don't accept Trump these days because accepting Trump means I'm okay with my life being worse. I hope you are right. I am falling apart at the seams.
if you believe that you are mental case...go to your safe space and pet your support donkey

Old 10-01-2019, 02:18 PM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
Why are democrats hellbent to lose the 2020 election? There's no way Trump will be tossed out of office, there is no chance 67 Senators will vote to do that. American politics has become a team sport, why start a game you know you will lose? Who wants to support a losing team? Just look at the Clinton impeachment. He was clearly guilty of his crimes, but even many Republicans didn't believe his perjury and obstruction of justice crimes rose to the level of removing him from office and didn't vote to remove him just based on that. Biden is too old and Warren wants to put everyone on a healthcare plan she can't even explain how it will be paid for. You guys are screwed and you're doing it to yourselves. Wake up!

After his impeachment Clinton's approval rating was over 70%, the highest point in his 8 years as President.

Old 10-01-2019, 02:20 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,626,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
there is nothing about the Ukraine phone call that is remotely impeachable. you people are completely deranged and out of your minds.
Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

Old 10-01-2019, 02:21 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
Quote:
It is out of your mind to suggest it is not impeachable.

Those are the two different worlds of facts the maniac has created.

Old 10-01-2019, 02:34 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,811,465 times
Quote:
if you believe that you are mental case...go to your safe space and pet your support donkey
I don't believe that. I know that because it was already in his plans to cut welfare funds. I don't need a donkey or a safe space unless space=a different state. I need money and even more of it now thanks to him.
Also it's "a mental case" and there's no such thing as a support donkey. Furthermore, yes I do have mental health issues/challenges and they only reiterate why I needed the welfare in the first place so it's not like you're telling me something I don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies