Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2019, 06:12 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
For the first time in my life and last time, I went to Sprouts to see what the new opened Sprouts was about.

Most obvious on their doors are the very large “no firearms” stickers on their doors. When you walk in you are “welcomed” by more “no firearm” stickers. This was so over the top that it actually made me realize how much more dangerous shopping is over there as it also means cops and other first responders with a gun are told that they are not welcome with their gun.

Felons and other crooks, do not care about stickers.

The amount and size of the stickers made me think if Sprouts doesn’t like cops as we do not have a open carry County/State and only cops can be seen with openly carry a gun.

No other store in the area has anything like this.

Thanks Sprouts, I rather support our sheriff’s department and have cops shop and enter with their gun to pick up lunch. I do not carry my gun around, like many like me don’t walk around with guns, but own guns.

Don’t expect cops to come in and help when something bad is happening, as the sticker is clear...no guns so the cops have to walk in without guns and talk to the person to drop their gun
Never heard of "Sprouts".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2019, 06:19 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew_MI View Post
Look what happens in Asia or Europe. Guns are banned and few citizens own them. They have knife massacres. People will find a way to kill with whatever tool is available. Instead of targeting guns, target aggressive behavior. The ER I work in has a police officer. If you start to threaten people or assault someone you get kicked out. Zero tolerance on violence.
They also still have massacres by criminals and terrorists using ILLEGALLY OBTAINED GUNS. 130 people were killed in Paris by terrorists using fully automatic, actual AK-47s. Not the semi automatic clones legally available by only the law abiding in the U.S., but actual military firearms that are of course already illegal in France and most other countries.

Also as noted in this CNN article, explosives are often used in Europe to kill in mass numbers.

https://www.cnn.com/2015/12/08/europ...cts/index.html

Quote:
(CNN)Here is a look at the November 2015, terror attacks in Paris that killed 130 people and wounded 494. The attackers, armed with assault rifles and explosives, targeted six locations across the city. ISIS claimed responsibility for the attacks.

Old 09-29-2019, 07:46 AM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Never heard of "Sprouts".
It's an overpriced Safeway/Vons. It attracts a lot of cute, older hippy chicks that like to go bra-less so that's a nice plus.

Old 09-29-2019, 08:35 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,166,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
For the first time in my life and last time, I went to Sprouts to see what the new opened Sprouts was about.

Most obvious on their doors are the very large “no firearms” stickers on their doors. When you walk in you are “welcomed” by more “no firearm” stickers. This was so over the top that it actually made me realize how much more dangerous shopping is over there as it also means cops and other first responders with a gun are told that they are not welcome with their gun.

Felons and other crooks, do not care about stickers.

The amount and size of the stickers made me think if Sprouts doesn’t like cops as we do not have a open carry County/State and only cops can be seen with openly carry a gun.

No other store in the area has anything like this.

Thanks Sprouts, I rather support our sheriff’s department and have cops shop and enter with their gun to pick up lunch. I do not carry my gun around, like many like me don’t walk around with guns, but own guns.

Don’t expect cops to come in and help when something bad is happening, as the sticker is clear...no guns so the cops have to walk in without guns and talk to the person to drop their gun
Welcome mat for nutballs and criminals.....as stupid as the crazies are they do know a soft target when they see one. When was the last time anybody robbed a gun range?

Old 09-29-2019, 09:00 AM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Sprouts is only in 20 States and many stores used to be Henrys.

Old 09-29-2019, 09:23 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
Nothing to ask, in the State of Texas proper legal signage is required, if it is not present, then there is nothing illegal about someone carrying onto their property. In this case legality and corp policy are two independent items. Given a lack of legal signage, if corp policy is to not allow carry and someone carrying is asked to leave due to this corp policy, then the person carrying has received legal notice and is obliged to leave.
Exactly the same as Missouri.

Old 09-29-2019, 09:29 AM

Just a note. With all the publicity about Walmart, ammo and guns. There are no "no weapon" signs at any Walmarts in my area. They are not enforcing the "no open carry". And they still have shelves full of handgun ammo. (probably because they are so expensive. I can buy it on line and have it delivered to my house cheaper, Several places offer free shipping on orders over $25.00)

Old 09-29-2019, 09:31 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,383,094 times
There is all the difference in the world between banning guns and carrying them around in your hip. There should be no restrictions on owning guns, but that doesn’t mean we should have people packing in spaces such as grocery stores. If Sprouts or any other store wants to prohibit people walking around with a gun, that’s their right as a private business. I personally do not want to be around people carrying guns into businesses.

Old 09-29-2019, 09:59 AM

8,489 posts, read 6,894,642 times
Yep. It’s intimidating. You don’t know who these people are or how they might react in certain situations. How would you like to be working customer service in some retail establishment. Irate customer returning something he just bought and he has a handgun in a holster around his waist. All it takes is one nut case to lose it.

Old 09-29-2019, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Yep. It’s intimidating. You don’t know who these people are or how they might react in certain situations. How would you like to be working customer service in some retail establishment. Irate customer returning something he just bought and he has a handgun in a holster around his waist. All it takes is one nut case to lose it.
But that has never happened. And it would be just as easy for the thousands that conceal carry daily, and they have never done that either. You are just being paranoid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies