Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 09:08 AM

45,221 posts, read 26,431,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
"So are you cool with people coming onto your property and doing whatever they want against your wishes?"

When you work with the public public domain this is to be expected. This is comparing apples to oranges, of course private homes can expect compliance.
Does putting an open for business sign on a building magically change its ownership?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2019, 09:09 AM

1,406 posts, read 800,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
"So are you cool with people coming onto your property and doing whatever they want against your wishes?"

When you work with the public domain this is to be expected. This is comparing apples to oranges, of course private homes can expect compliance.
Private property is private property, whether the owner lives in it, does business out of it, or raises ring-tailed lemurs in it. At least morally and ethically that's the way it should be.

Old 09-27-2019, 09:10 AM

3,318 posts, read 2,338,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
It’s Sprouts, a hippy, dippy organic, whole food grocery store. What did you expect?
Exactly. I'm pretty sure the average Sprouts, Whole Foods, etc. customer isn't carrying anyway, so it's really a non-issue for the most part. I personally would never shop there, but it's their property and if they don't want firearms on the premises, that's up to them.

Old 09-27-2019, 09:15 AM

20,864 posts, read 9,529,660 times
Businesses have those stickers all over Kansas. Some in Missouri, too.

Old 09-27-2019, 09:15 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Just as someone could carry heroin onto your property and use it there without your knowledge.

Point is do you respect property rights or not?
They are doing something ILLEGAL on your property. Not a good analogy at all. Legally carrying a concealed firearm is legal in my state with a permit. Therefore you are not putting the property owner at risk of anything.

Admit it. You just don't like people's right to legally carry a concealed firearm. You have an irrational fear of legally owned guns.

Old 09-27-2019, 09:16 AM

17,303 posts, read 12,242,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Businesses have those stickers all over Kansas. Some in Missouri, too.
Yeah they are part of CCW laws in every state I know of.

Old 09-27-2019, 09:17 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,317 times
In terms of "What about defending yourself in case of a store robbery or shooting?", depending on where you are at in the store, you might be able to improvise with a store product. For example, a bra could be used to strangle the attacker if the odds are in your favor. Yes, that is not very practical and not very likely but it could happen in very rare situations. Assuming that you do save the damage, whether or not you face penalties for damaging a product before you buy it is up is at the store's discretion. Same thing goes for you possibly getting arrested for any possible store violations.

Old 09-27-2019, 09:17 AM

17,303 posts, read 12,242,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
They are doing something ILLEGAL on your property. Not a good analogy at all. Legally carrying a concealed firearm is legal in my state with a permit. Therefore you are not putting the property owner at risk of anything.

Admit it. You just don't like people's right to legally carry a concealed firearm. You have an irrational fear of legally owned guns.
No I’m a gun owner myself.

Property rights trump that. If you don’t believe in property rights go find yourself a communist country.

Old 09-27-2019, 09:19 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
Exactly. I'm pretty sure the average Sprouts, Whole Foods, etc. customer isn't carrying anyway, so it's really a non-issue for the most part. I personally would never shop there, but it's their property and if they don't want firearms on the premises, that's up to them.
LOL. Sprouts is hardly hippy etc. As for the customers, I shop there and I have guns up the wazoo. Stop the stereotyping.

Old 09-27-2019, 09:23 AM

764 posts, read 235,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Yeah they are part of CCW laws in every state I know of.
Not the law in Florida........... the business can ask you to leave, but there is no violation of law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies