Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2019, 06:03 PM

1,273 posts, read 1,639,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
The trouble with using the New York Times as a source these days: They're going to issue a 6AM retraction on this article. Nobody will notice. Trump haters will just get more an more furious, thinking that Trump and his administration is getting away with scandalous, terrible things. The trouble is that they keep missing the 6AM retraction where the NYT, CNN, WaPo, etc. walked back everything the claimed in their latest bombshell article and it was all wishful political fiction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGjAArmTDBo
I actually agree. I rely on Rudy himself.

Old 09-28-2019, 06:40 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
I think Trump is going to not only get impeached, but convicted for his perfidy.

But just as likely is that Pence will then pardon Trump. But what about all the others that have dirt on their hands, like Barr and Giuliani? Of all of them Rudy is the one who is most exposed. Trump has used Rudy like he used Michael Cohen, as his bag man, and now Rudy is going to be hung out to dry just like Cohen, who is now cooling his heels in a Federal prison.

When are people going to learn that Trump is bad news? Nobody who works for him comes out the better for it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/28/u...t-inquiry.html
I'm honestly at a loss here. Exactly what great crime has been committed? Has seeking wrongdoing by the political opposition suddenly become treasonous?

Time to go get Mueller, his entire team, everyone in Congress who pushed for investigation into Russian Collusion, everyone who lets the words "we demand to see Trump's tax returns" etc. -- all of them need to be rounded up, lined up and shot for high treason. The investigation was started by the Obama Administration before he left office, so whatever you crime Trump or Guilliani are guilty of here, Biden and Obama did the same thing first. Well, we better round em all up and shoot em!! How dare they try to dig up dirt on the political opposition!!

Or is this just another, "Rules for thee, but not for me." fake scandal?

I don't even like Trump. I didn't vote for him in 2016. I'm not likely to vote for him in 2020. But I don't have Trump Derangement Syndrome. That means I actually take a moment to question whether the latest scandal is actually a scandal and not just more insane propaganda. Here's an easy litmus test: If any president has been caught doing -- whatever it is -- before and didn't get impeached for it, then it's probably a whole lot of nothing. If this is enough to impeach Trump and convict him of a crime, then every President in living memory should have suffered the same fate. Case in point: Joe Biden rather blatantly pressured the Ukraine. "Do my bidding or billions of dollars in aid you desperately need will be withheld." Biden's son ust happens to have massively benefitted from this move, but even if he had not, by the standard that is being proposed, the fact that Biden demanded anything of a foreign government for any reason is wrong and criminal. The fact that his son was to continue being paid making $50,000 a month to fill a position that he can't possibly have been qualified for is just a bonus I guess.

Old 09-28-2019, 07:26 PM

25,441 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
I'm honestly at a loss here. Exactly what great crime has been committed? Has seeking wrongdoing by the political opposition suddenly become treasonous?

Time to go get Mueller, his entire team, everyone in Congress who pushed for investigation into Russian Collusion, everyone who lets the words "we demand to see Trump's tax returns" etc. -- all of them need to be rounded up, lined up and shot for high treason. The investigation was started by the Obama Administration before he left office, so whatever you crime Trump or Guilliani are guilty of here, Biden and Obama did the same thing first. Well, we better round em all up and shoot em!! How dare they try to dig up dirt on the political opposition!!

Or is this just another, "Rules for thee, but not for me." fake scandal?

I don't even like Trump. I didn't vote for him in 2016. I'm not likely to vote for him in 2020. But I don't have Trump Derangement Syndrome. That means I actually take a moment to question whether the latest scandal is actually a scandal and not just more insane propaganda. Here's an easy litmus test: If any president has been caught doing -- whatever it is -- before and didn't get impeached for it, then it's probably a whole lot of nothing. If this is enough to impeach Trump and convict him of a crime, then every President in living memory should have suffered the same fate. Case in point: Joe Biden rather blatantly pressured the Ukraine. "Do my bidding or billions of dollars in aid you desperately need will be withheld." Biden's son ust happens to have massively benefitted from this move, but even if he had not, by the standard that is being proposed, the fact that Biden demanded anything of a foreign government for any reason is wrong and criminal. The fact that his son was to continue being paid making $50,000 a month to fill a position that he can't possibly have been qualified for is just a bonus I guess.
Where did Biden threaten to withhold aid? Was Biden president?

Old 09-28-2019, 07:37 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,479,283 times
Giuliani is a scheduled guest on several Sunday morning political TV shows. UkraineGate will be the topic.

Old 09-28-2019, 07:44 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,608,641 times
Rudy knows what RICO is....

https://www.whitehouse.gov/president...se-corruption/

Executive Order Blocking the Property of Persons Involved in Serious Human Rights Abuse or Corruption

Old 09-28-2019, 07:49 PM

2,176 posts, read 1,323,223 times
U
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Here we go- for you- in plain English by Biden himself - watch before the video “disappears” or get “edited”
https://youtu.be/UXA--dj2-CY

The reason Biden allegedly demanded the firing of the AG of Ukraine- the AG was going to question Biden’s son while investigating a corruption in the Ukrainian government.
The AG is now suing in a Euro Court for a return of his job as he was fired at the insistence of Biden.
( Biden’s son was being paid as a “ consultant” $50k per month by the energy company in Ukraine -while having absolutely no expertise- with a total amount paid out by that time of more than $3 million dollars- a company tied with the high ranking government official in the Ukraine)
There were a couple of other Americans- John Kerry’s stepson- of Heinz fortune- one of tge as well- they both were on Board of directors of Ukrainian energy company
Not sure if Heinz was being paid- no mentioning of that. ( John Kerry was not in charge of 1 billion dollars out of 6 billions given to Ukraine ? Biden was)

Last edited by Nik4me; 09-28-2019 at 08:55 PM..

Old 09-28-2019, 08:10 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Not only did Biden threaten the Ukraine, he openly bragged about it. https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...rosecutor.html

Biden was the Vice President and the official representative of the Obama Administration to Ukraine. Giuliani has no particular official status, so that makes him quite a bit less significant. As a direct result of the firing of the prosecutor, Hunter Biden retained is completely undeserved $50,000 a month job in the Ukraine. The guy had no training in the oil and gas industry and didn't even speak Russian or Ukrainian, so how on earth was he a logical choice for pretty much anything, much less a position paying the man $600,000 a year? He was just a guy who got kicked out of the Army -- I think it was for cocaine. You want me to believe that Joe Biden played absolutely no role whatsoever in getting his son such a cushy and entirely undeserved job?

Old 09-28-2019, 08:20 PM

14,770 posts, read 8,101,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
I think Trump is going to not only get impeached, but convicted for his perfidy.

But just as likely is that Pence will then pardon Trump. But what about all the others that have dirt on their hands, like Barr and Giuliani? Of all of them Rudy is the one who is most exposed. Trump has used Rudy like he used Michael Cohen, as his bag man, and now Rudy is going to be hung out to dry just like Cohen, who is now cooling his heels in a Federal prison.

When are people going to learn that Trump is bad news? Nobody who works for him comes out the better for it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/28/u...t-inquiry.html

Yep, Rudy is trying to implicate or drag Mike Pompeo in the middle of all of this....meanwhile Trump trying to bring
Pence into the middle of all this talking about Pence's phone calls to the Ukraine!!!!

Old 09-28-2019, 08:43 PM

2,176 posts, read 1,323,223 times
Quote:
Not only did Biden threaten the Ukraine, he openly bragged about it. https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...rosecutor.html

Biden was the Vice President and the official representative of the Obama Administration to Ukraine. Giuliani has no particular official status, so that makes him quite a bit less significant. As a direct result of the firing of the prosecutor, Hunter Biden retained is completely undeserved $50,000 a month job in the Ukraine. The guy had no training in the oil and gas industry and didn't even speak Russian or Ukrainian, so how on earth was he a logical choice for pretty much anything, much less a position paying the man $600,000 a year? He was just a guy who got kicked out of the Army -- I think it was for cocaine. You want me to believe that Joe Biden played absolutely no role whatsoever in getting his son such a cushy and entirely undeserved job?
You forgot to mention that Biden’s son was paid in China as well..( Biden- the father was in charge of the Chinese as well at the time... as far as I can gather

Old 09-28-2019, 08:45 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,768,357 times
But, but, but Biden!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies