Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 06:41 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,010,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
He didn’t say that. But any time an opposing party out of power tries to overthrow a democratically elected leader civil war is certainly a possibility. This is one reason I was against the Clinton impeachment. I know Trump haters are all giddy over impeachment talks from behind their computer but it’s a real and dangerous game.
More typical fear mongering from your side.. You'd rather support someone who is so clueless they commit crimes in office than have Pence as president?

Old 09-30-2019, 06:43 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,010,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
It's an idiotic tweet, like 99% of what he tweets, but that's not the point, is it? The point is - it's not calling for civil war.
I'm going to look up a quote that isnt mine that calls you wrong.. Then when you confront me on it I'll say "I just put the quote on there" doesn't mean I'm calling you wrong!"

Will you buy it?

Old 09-30-2019, 06:43 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Also, the Dems know Trump will never be convicted of this. They have three goals:

1) Create a constitutional crisis that will shake the stock market, hurt people's confidence, and bring down the economy. The only way they can defeat Trump is if they've caused a recession.

2) Since the Russia hoax was exposed for the lie it was, raise enough doubt in enough voters' eyes that he is defeated - while diverting attention from the Russia hoax itself.

3) Torture him out of office with the constant demonization (Hitler, concentration camps) and harassment (the same way an employer bullies a good worker that they simply dislike into quitting because of unemployment compensation).
accurate post.

Quote:
I can't stand the guy, but what you've posted is a lie. He didn't call for civil war if he's impeached.

For God's sake, people, aren't there enough real things to complain about without making things up? You lose credibility when you do this.
thank you!

Old 09-30-2019, 06:47 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
Not having a melt down, he is?

If looks like treason, sounds like treason...it just might be Treason.
Trump has threatened something like this before with the stock market claiming it would crash if he left office.
Conservatives love fear as a tactic to keep people in line.

Old 09-30-2019, 06:47 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
The fact that the liberals spent 2 years fabricating and then "investigating" an elaborate Russia conspiracy hoax in their effort to kick the winning candidate out of office undermines this latest investigation. They have made no secret of the depths to which they will sink to "get even" with a Reoublican who wins the presidency.

Are Dems THAT angry that we have the lowest unemployment rate in record for blacks and Latinos? Or that all middle-income earners have seen the retirement funds increase substantially? Or that Trump has taken a stand against millions of high school dropouts unable to support them families sneaking into this country illegally?

Old 09-30-2019, 06:48 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,212,614 times
Quote:
It's an idiotic tweet, like 99% of what he tweets, but that's not the point, is it? The point is - it's not calling for civil war.
The retweet is an indorsement of the statement. Trump is a con man. He also thinks that he is above the law.

Old 09-30-2019, 06:52 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
He didn’t say that. But any time an opposing party out of power tries to overthrow a democratically elected leader civil war is certainly a possibility. This is one reason I was against the Clinton impeachment. I know Trump haters are all giddy over impeachment talks from behind their computer but it’s a real and dangerous game.
Even the Trump lovers are giddy about impeachment..... The end of the Democrat Party, would be cemented for 2020.

Old 09-30-2019, 06:54 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
If Trump is impeached, it is going to get ugly. He will go kicking and screaming, and his followers will be driving around in their pickup trucks, with confederate flags flying, dog in the back and all.

At least Nixon had the sense to get on that plane and cut his losses, Donald Trump , being as dumb as a rock, will think they are kidding when they give him the boot.

It will be fun, but not pretty.

Your comparison fails for one simple reason.
Nixon deserved to be impeached and the evidence of wrongdoing was clear.

Trump is being impeached because he beat Crooked Hillary and the swamp wants him out.

Old 09-30-2019, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
The retweet is an indorsement of the statement. Trump is a con man. He also thinks that he is above the law.
Yet you were willing to vote for Hillary.

Also, super-educated, intelligent liberal: the word is endorsement. But beyond that, what's wrong with affirming the belief that if the opposing party overthrows the duly elected president of the people that we could be headed for Civil War?

Old 09-30-2019, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Your comparison fails for one simple reason.
Nixon deserved to be impeached and the evidence of wrongdoing was clear.

Trump is being impeached because he beat Crooked Hillary and the swamp wants him out.
Comparing Trump to Nixon is like comparing detention facilities for unapproved migrants to concentration camps for Jews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies