Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 06:38 PM

6,620 posts, read 5,006,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post

That's why I and most Republicans are better people than most Democrats.
Yea that checks out, most good people demonize their opponents and think they are better than them. Yep.

Old 09-30-2019, 06:40 PM

1,750 posts, read 752,952 times
Two years ago I was a 16 year old junior on a college campus visiting friends to see if I wanted to go to that college. We went to a party, I wasn't drinking, and a football player assaulted me. He forced me on to the ground and ripped my top and exposed chest. He was trying to force my pants off.

He had been drinking and because of that I was able to keep wiggling and scream for help. Help came.

I wasn't raped, because help came, but I had scratches, and a sore ne k, and bruises...this help wasn't the best. Other football players cornered me and wouldn't let me leave until they pressured me into silence.

They told me that I would anger millions in Spartan Nation, because they played their rival the next game. They said they were looking out for me by telling me to be silent, they accused me of dressing to provocatively and etc...

I didn't report it and part of me still hates myself for not doing so.

I understand why some women wait.

P.S. this college has been continually in the news for covering up rapes and people on campus joke about how the sidewalk along the river at night is the "rape trail."

Old 09-30-2019, 06:40 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Yes, rape is so amusing, isn't it?

And women who are brave enough to come forward to speak up about having been raped, oh, that's just a barrel of laughs, and a great target for mockery.
No it isn't amusing, and neither is having your life damaged or ruined by false accusations. The accused doesn't have the advantage of they name being with held from the public. When the accuser turns out to be a liar papers don't put it in headlines. That would be back page news at best.

I have a wife and daughters. I never want them to be raped or abused, I also have a son and I never want him to be falsely accused. The way the media and certain politicians manipulated the Ford story to attack a man is beyond wrong. That could be my son defending his name and honor and against allegations that had no evidence to support them.

I watched a series called Unbelievable and I was outraged by how the police (based on a true story) treated the victim in Washington state. They were lazy and unqualified, abusive towards the victim. That said, how the Ford case was handled was the opposite. The Dems and the media didn't do real victims any favors with how they attacked without evidence.

No Rape isn't funny. What is funny are those who will use an alleged rape like the Dems did as a political weapon. The same Dems who had not one issue with Bill Clinton and in fact tarred and feathered his accusers. No that wasn't funny either. Just their hypocrisy is.

Old 09-30-2019, 06:41 PM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Yes, rape is so amusing, isn't it?

And women who are brave enough to come forward to speak up about having been raped, oh, that's just a barrel of laughs, and a great target for mockery.

And false accusations of rape are equally hilarious.

Old 09-30-2019, 06:43 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,138,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Blasey Ford wasn't raped.
I suspect that number of people disagreeing with you is in the millions.

You're male, right?

Old 09-30-2019, 06:46 PM

17,614 posts, read 6,894,659 times
Quote:
I suspect that number of people disagreeing with you is in the millions.

You're male, right?
Gender is a societal construct. Why aren't you more woke? Are you a racist?

Old 09-30-2019, 06:46 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,138,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
No, it's just stunning and brave and obviously 100% true when a woman with a long history as an Activist for the Left comes forward after over 30 years to accuse her attacker who just happens to be politically opposite to her and therefore a threat from her political point of view. Nevermind that they can't remember anything of relevance and nobody can substantiate the claim. It happened. Clearly. Because "she's on my team and she's accusing somebody on their team" so that makes it true. Because no woman has ever in the history of humankind ever ever ever falsely accused a man of rape for some ulterior motive, right?

We all know perfectly well that it makes no difference who Trump picks. A bunch of people will come out of the woodwork to accuse them of doing something terrible. If Trump is smart, it'll be a woman so the whole rape schtick will be harder to sell, but that doesn't mean people won't try anyways.
Just out of curiosity, do you believe the 20+ women who accused Trump of sexual impropriety?

Old 09-30-2019, 07:04 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,729,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Yea that checks out, most good people demonize their opponents and think they are better than them. Yep.
Which is exactly why I have washed my hands of both parties and constantly find the inter-party bickering so amusing. You have one massive group of people completely insane, blinded by their own biases shrieking "You're all blind and crazy!!" to another massive group of people who is shrieking the same thing back at them. Both groups are blind. Both groups are crazy. Nobody in either group is remotely capable of actually seeing this fact.

Christine Blassey Ford is one of the most ridiculously obvious false rape stories I've ever heard of. The timing should cast serious doubts on her story, but Democrats are completely incapable of seeing that. They need Brett Kavanaugh -- a man who had never before been accused of sexual impropriety in his entire life -- to be the worst possible kind of sexually predatory rapist. On the flip side, look at all the women who accused Bill Clinton of raping them. If numbers validates an accusation of rape, then clearly all of them must be telling the truth, right? And since some of them said that Hillary told them to shut up about it, that too must be true, right? Hillary practically stood by screaming, "Shut up and take it!" right?

No actually I don't believe Bill raped anyone. He got a lot laid by plenty of women who were not his wife and at some point Hillary must have just agreed and stopped caring about it. But I doubt he actuallly raped anyone. Such an accusation requires a lot more than just somebody saying it happened. And nobody should be publicly crucified just for being accused of doing something bad without evidence. That's not how it's supposed to work. You're supposed to prove in court that X thing happened. You're supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. Neither Bill nor Brett will ever be convicted in court of rape no matter how hard their political enemies wish it to be true. Their political enemies will blindly believe the worst of them till the day they die. Unfortunately, politics blinds us to common sense.

Old 09-30-2019, 07:06 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
What a distasteful thread.

Old 09-30-2019, 07:06 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,729,827 times
Quote:
Just out of curiosity, do you believe the 20+ women who accused Trump of sexual impropriety?
My last post should answer that. I don't think we should blindly believe any accuser unless and until it's proven.

Two things can be true at the same time:
  1. Men have been raping women and getting away with it ever since humans were a thing.
  2. Women have been falsely accusing men of rape for ulterior motives ever since humans were a thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies