Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 09:04 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
how come they didn't "haunt" him when he went through six background investigations and when he was on other courtS?
You can take a background check 100 times. It doesn't get better with repetition.

This was discussed to death back when he did his "angry face" speech.

He has a history and many people talked about it.

Old 09-30-2019, 09:07 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,096,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You can take a background check 100 times. It doesn't get better with repetition.

This was discussed to death back when he did his "angry face" speech.

He has a history and many people talked about it.
What history? Why didn’t it come out until eight before he was about to be confirmed?

Old 09-30-2019, 09:07 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
My last post should answer that. I don't think we should blindly believe any accuser unless and until it's proven.

Two things can be true at the same time:
  1. Men have been raping women and getting away with it ever since humans were a thing.
  2. Women have been falsely accusing men of rape for ulterior motives ever since humans were a thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I suspect that number of people disagreeing with you is in the millions.

You're male, right?
They are absolutely entitled to their opinions, regardless of the fact that there is absolutely 0 evidence that Dr. Ford's story is true. At this point the story is nothing more than an unsubstantiated story. Worse still the Dems sat on the story with 1 purpose in mind. Not to get to any truth, but to try and derail Kavanaugh's selection to the SCOTUS. They lost all credibility with that crap move.

Old 09-30-2019, 09:14 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,055,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Blasey Ford wasn't raped.

Her lies about being raped was a psychological rape on the U.S. public!
Blasey Ford raped all of our minds, she's a rapist and should be locked up in prison.

Old 09-30-2019, 09:21 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Nothing funny about rape. Gorshuch was not accused of anything, because he was a person of good character. Kavanaugh, however, was a hard drinking, woman chasing party boy who was often seen doing questionable things. These kinds of things tend to haunt you if you want to be in public eye.

If Trump picks another person, it should be one with clean history.
Gorsuch was a one-to-one replacement for Antonin Scalia, a Conservative justice. Brett Kavanaugh was replacing a more Left-leaning justice, which tips the balance in favor of Conservatives.

You can drill straight to the issue when you realize one of the biggest things Christine Blassey Ford was a political activist for. Abortion. The Left is utterly terrified that Kavanaugh was going to be the beginning of the end for Roe v Wade. So much so that a whole lot of women will lie quite spectacularly to stop it. Personally, I think Trump could have avoided all of the false rape accusations if he had opted for Amy Barrett. That would have been far worse news for the future survival of Roe vs Wade -- Barrett is all for overturning it -- but I doubt many people would be taken seriously accusing Amy Barrett of raping them.

There might have even been room for courtesy and decorum before that whole mess last year. The GOP might have been willing to opt for a Liberal leaning justice to replace Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Then the Dems acted like a bunch of jackasses with Kavanaugh. Granted, if you could find credible accusations that were actually corroborated, that would have been something. D's and R's are just as rapey and immoral as the other and both never cease to surprise me with their decadence and disgusting behavior. So sure, if the guy being nominated was legitimately accused and proven guilty, then to hell with him. But Ford was a very odd one indeed. Afraid to fly but flies all the time. "My friends can vouch for me! They were there!" None of them did. Nobody seems to know what the heck she's even talking about. Couldn't even remember what year or in what town she was allegedly sexually assaulted and traumatized for life. Her whole story just kept getting less and less credible. The timing alone should cast the whole thing into serious doubt.

I thought this was interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGxr1VQ2dPI

Old 09-30-2019, 10:20 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,961,718 times
Quote:
Yes, rape is so amusing, isn't it?

And women who are brave enough to come forward to speak up about having been raped, oh, that's just a barrel of laughs, and a great target for mockery.
No, it’s not. I can tell you for certain because I was a party to a rape, vicious beating, and attempted strangulation. He fractured my eye socket, 3 of my ribs and 2 of my fingers. He caused me to get 8 stitches in my mouth, partially collapsed my windpipe and left his mark permanently on my shoulder in the form of a bite scar. I have a lot of empathy for rape victims.
Even so.. I have to question the veracity of some of these women coming forward after so many years. Seems me that Ford had an agenda .... wanting to cast aspersions on a man whom she feared would somehow get Roe Vs Wade overturned and saying it was her civic duty to come forward.
Believing them is one thing, but the “law” requires corroborating evidence in order to convict someone of a crime. I hate the fact that ( if true) some of these women were actually sexually assaulted and pretty much have no recourse without witnesses, or evidence other than their word, but that’s how the system works... innocent until proven guilty.
I am pretty sure that if your husband or son was accused of rape or sexual assault... you’d want definite proof/evidence of the crime rather than people just “taking” her “word” alone in order to convict. No?

Last edited by Sydney123; 09-30-2019 at 10:28 PM..

Old 10-01-2019, 05:20 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,769,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
They won’t be able to pull that on future justice Amy Coney Barrett... you’d think anyway.
If the nominee is a woman, she'll be accused of using the n word and being a white supremacist.

Old 10-01-2019, 05:36 AM

1,485 posts, read 954,442 times
Quote:

And women who are brave enough to come forward to speak up about having been raped, oh, that's just a barrel of laughs, and a great target for mockery.
Yeah! Especially when they lie about it. Which most do.

You gotta be dumb as hell to think that most of these claims are true. I guarantee the dems are paying off some of these women very handsomely to put their faces in front of America and claim rape. A lot of women today have no shame of being sluts. And for the right price they'll lie about being raped.

Old 10-01-2019, 06:47 AM

21,932 posts, read 9,498,367 times
Quote:

She is brave to come forward with that bs story.

Old 10-01-2019, 06:53 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
What history? Why didn’t it come out until eight before he was about to be confirmed?
History of binge drinking and girl grabbing. It didn't' come out until it looked like he was going to end up in the supreme court. Why ask the obvious?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies