Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 06:53 AM

39,860 posts, read 26,482,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Nothing funny about rape. Gorshuch was not accused of anything, because he was a person of good character. Kavanaugh, however, was a hard drinking, woman chasing party boy who was often seen doing questionable things. These kinds of things tend to haunt you if you want to be in public eye.

If Trump picks another person, it should be one with clean history.
Sorry, but with today's lying MSM and Democratic party, there is no such thing. Kavanaugh had as clean a history as anyone in the nation and look at the lies cooked up about him.

Old 10-01-2019, 06:55 AM

5,728 posts, read 3,249,287 times

Old 10-01-2019, 06:55 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Gorsuch was a one-to-one replacement for Antonin Scalia, a Conservative justice. Brett Kavanaugh was replacing a more Left-leaning justice, which tips the balance in favor of Conservatives.
No, it didn't tip it. The SC has been leaning right for decades.

Quote:
You can drill straight to the issue when you realize one of the biggest things Christine Blassey Ford was a political activist for. Abortion. The Left is utterly terrified that Kavanaugh was going to be the beginning of the end for Roe v Wade.
Why? Gorsuch had already declared he was not going to touch it, and Kavanaugh said the same. GOP has no intention of doing away with abortion, because it is a very valuable campaigning tool for them. They could care less about 40 million babies, when its weighed against winning elections. Don't kid yourself.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 10-01-2019 at 07:03 AM..

Old 10-01-2019, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Sorry, but with today's lying MSM and Democratic party, there is no such thing. Kavanaugh had as clean a history as anyone in the nation and look at the lies cooked up about him.
The people who knew him personally say otherwise. He was a binge drinker, and acted accordingly. And no, not everyone was like that. Kavanaugh had a history and it came to the surface in the hearings, which was no great surprise since the purpose of the hearings is to put the person and his character on display. His character, based on his behavior in college, is questionable at best.

Old 10-01-2019, 07:02 AM

17,606 posts, read 6,894,659 times
Quote:
The people who knew him personally say otherwise. He was a binge drinker, and acted accordingly. And no, not everyone was like that. Kavanaugh had a history and it came to the surface in the hearings, which was no great surprise since the purpose of the hearings is to put the person and his character on display. His character, based on his behavior in college, is questionable at best.
Let's hear what you allegedly did in high school and college. I'll bet your character is worse than "questionable" along with everyone else on earth.

How pathetic are you liberals that you judge someone based on their alleged, unproven conduct as a teenager, as depicted through the lens of a group of partisan hacks, instead of an unblemished record for the past 30 years. You are sick.

Old 10-01-2019, 07:02 AM

5,728 posts, read 3,249,287 times
so you believe Dr. Fraud was raped by Judge Kavanaugh because "she said so"?

Quote:

Old 10-01-2019, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Let's hear what you allegedly did in high school and college. I'll bet your character is worse than "questionable" along with everyone else on earth.
It would be heard if I was running for such office. If I thought it would be a problem, I wouldn't bother running. Based on the fact that Kananaugh was a binge drinker, there is a good chance he can't even remember half the questionable things he did.

Old 10-01-2019, 07:10 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
Two years ago I was a 16 year old junior on a college campus visiting friends to see if I wanted to go to that college. We went to a party, I wasn't drinking, and a football player assaulted me. He forced me on to the ground and ripped my top and exposed chest. He was trying to force my pants off.

He had been drinking and because of that I was able to keep wiggling and scream for help. Help came.

I wasn't raped, because help came, but I had scratches, and a sore ne k, and bruises...this help wasn't the best. Other football players cornered me and wouldn't let me leave until they pressured me into silence.

They told me that I would anger millions in Spartan Nation, because they played their rival the next game. They said they were looking out for me by telling me to be silent, they accused me of dressing to provocatively and etc...

I didn't report it and part of me still hates myself for not doing so.

I understand why some women wait.

P.S. this college has been continually in the news for covering up rapes and people on campus joke about how the sidewalk along the river at night is the "rape trail."
Thank you for your story, I'm glad it didn't end as badly as it could have. I have 4 young women in my immediately family currently at college so I am acutely aware of there being predators out there.

The problem is that those can be powerful charges and are not always brought in good faith. I'd ask you that 30 years from now if your attacker were up for the Supreme Court would you be able to recall when it happened, where it happened, how you got to the party, how you got back from the party or produce anyone that was there as a witness? I'll be that you can and will be able to do all of those things given the traumatic incident.

That's where this hits a sticking point as we know there are many real assaults. However, in the case of the Kavanaugh nomination it wasn't about people waiting to come forward but rather the utter flimsyness of the claims. Another accuser admitted they weren't even sure it was him.

Old 10-01-2019, 07:10 AM

17,606 posts, read 6,894,659 times
Quote:
It would be heard if I was running for such office. If I thought it would be a problem, I wouldn't bother running. Based on the fact that Kananaugh was a binge drinker, there is a good chance he can't even remember half the questionable things he did.
What's your opinion of the accuser? By all accounts she was a **** and a binge drinker. Yet, you believe every word out of her mouth. Why is it that *she* can remember "half the questionable things" SHE did but not Kavanaugh.

Pathetic.

Old 10-01-2019, 07:14 AM

15,860 posts, read 21,427,956 times
Funny, I don't seem to remember anyone pointing the finger at Gorsuch. Maybe because he's not a rapist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
I truly sympathize with you. That is a horrible experience. And I'm sure you will have vivid memories of this event for the rest of your life. I bet you may not know the players name, but could pick him out if you were presented with a line up, because an experience like this never goes away. I have had a few traumatic experiences over the course of my life, and one thing that doesn't change is the clarity of those memories. Some things you just don't forget. Which is why women like Blasey Ford have no credibility what so ever. The stories are always convoluted and hazy, the women seem to have no real memory of the traumatic events they claim to have been the victim's of. These types of women often call upon friends from the time to help them put together their stories, only to be told their friends have no such memories. Not of being present when the event occurred, nor of being told about the event later on. That is the difference between your story and those that have been presented to us concerning certain "high profile" individuals. And sadly, these types of flimsy/fake stories concerning sexual assault do nothing but cause people to be that much more skeptical when presented with a story such as yours.

Also, it actually saddens me that you did nothing about this situation. As a sixteen year old girl, you most likely could have maintained your anonymity as far as the press is concerned, and this scumbag wouldn't have been left out there to do the same thing to someone else. Of course, I understand, sixteen is really young and I'm sure you had a rough time processing the whole situation and probably just wanted to move on. But there in lies the problem. It's impossible to move on from something like this. It will always be there. And the longer you wait to face it and bring someone to justice, the harder it will be for you to prove your story. Women need to come forward immediately, so that people who do these types of things can be taken off the streets. Parents, we need to talk to our daughters and let them know, without a shadow of a doubt, that coming forward after something like this is absolutely the right thing to do. If a crime has occurred, the victim NEVER has anything to be ashamed of.

You don't speak for all who have experienced trauma.

I was raped in high school. I know it happened, but have limited memory of the details. It was the good ol' boy police in my hometown who told me not to pursue charges and gas lit me by asking repeatedly why I wanted to ruin a good kid's life. And I'm decades younger than Blasey Ford - all the women in my high school in the mid '00s knew that we wouldn't be believed. My rapist raped other girls, but never saw justice. If anything, we faced a lot of scrutiny by our peers. In the aftermath of the Kavanaugh stuff, I asked one of the people I told about the incident I faced if she remembered. She didn't.

I couldn't pick my rapist out of a line up 15 years later, nor could I pick out the police officers who treated me like crap. I couldn't tell you where his house was or even how I got home. I remember being shocked a few days later when I realized I had no memory of driving home.

We all experience and process trauma differently. I have similar patterns in other traumatic incidents I've experienced: witnessing an assault while studying abroad, a stage IV cancer diagnosis and subsequent treatment, finding my best friend dead of the flu with the police. There is absolutely no "clarity" of those memories. Not now, not in the days after they happened. I can't tell you what my original oncologist looked like, the names of any of the nurses I saw several times a week for 6 months, or what the police officers who responded to my call looked like. That's trauma to me.

Your words and twisting your experience to be the universal experience help keep women silent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies