Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 08:27 PM

57,314 posts, read 26,217,746 times

Advertisements

We just had a policeman killed in the Bronx by friendly fire from one of his partners, I don't think we need people from other states wandering around thinking they can make a difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2019, 08:27 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Politicians, Crooks, thieves and hoodlums don't open carry anyway.

Just the rest of us honest people if we wanted to. Most have no desire to but we want the legal option.

Old 10-01-2019, 10:33 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
tyrants are generally scared of patriots (patriotism)...its the only threat to tyranny!

*Also notice, even though they think citizens should be disarmed, law enforcement is usually totally exempt, Gee, I wonder why that is? LOL

Old 10-01-2019, 11:32 PM

15,856 posts, read 14,483,585 times
I was about to say that the cities with the highest murder rates are in states with the most restrictive gun laws. But I checked, that isn't true. What is true is that they're pretty evenly distributed between states with both restrictive and loose gun laws. But that goes to show that gun laws make little difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
I can’t wait until criminals find about these states. They will have the right to bear arms without the well regulated militia BS.

Old 10-01-2019, 11:44 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post
Does 'constitutional carry' also include 'open carry'?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
that means no requirement of a license, etc. is necessary for a law abiding citizen to openly and conceal carry a firearm. that is constitutional carry. like it or not.

what part of the highlighted section do you not understand?

Old 10-02-2019, 12:22 AM

13,269 posts, read 7,316,697 times
CCW without a permit hasn't changed crime one bit in my state of Arizona we were one of the first states outside of Vermont to go without the permit. Officers always assumed bad guy had a weapon what is a permit going to do. I never understood why conceal carry was even illegal or a permit required.

Old 10-02-2019, 12:46 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...arry-law-land/

The 16 states are:
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
Idaho
Kansas
Kentucky
Maine
Mississippi
Missouri
New Hampshire
North Dakota
Oklahoma
South Dakota
Vermont
West Virginia
Wyoming.

These states all allow any unvetted, unwashed biped of hills and forests to wander about with a deadly weapon attached to their hip. You are very wise not to vacation in any of these states.
Ok lets break this down by murders. States with the most.

Alaska #40
Arizona #20
Arkansas #26
Idaho #43
Kansas #31
Kentucky #25
Maine. #46
Mississippi #21
Missouri. #11
New Hampshire #50
North Dakota # 47
Oklahoma. #23
South Dakota. #44
Vermont. #51
West Virginia. #37
Wyoming. #49

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/...t-murders.html

Only 1 state on the Op's list cracked the top 20. Now these are murders not filtered just by type of weapon used.

What we don't see on the list are the states with the most strict, intrusive gun laws. Most of them made the top 20 list

These states have the most strict gun laws. I will rate them by murders from above link.

California. #1
Connecticut. #33
Colorado. #28
District of Columbia. #29
Maryland. #10
Massachusetts. #32
New Jersey. ...#18
New York #7
Illinois. #4

Out of 9 states 4 made the top 10 most dangerous. Out of 16 constitutional carry states? None made top 10 states for most murders.

Old 10-02-2019, 04:00 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
One of the 16 is Maine. This will scare you even more, Travis.

When I first moved to Maine, I went to the police station of my new town. I asked the police chief, himself, if I needed to inform them of my firearm or somehow register it there, or what did I need to do.

Do you know what he said to me?

"You don't need to do any of that."

And that was the end of it.

That's how it should be. After I left, LePage signed the bill that allows those in Maine to carry conceal without a permit. That right there makes the decision between moving back to Maine or moving to Alaska (when I move out of the hell hole I'm in now - CA) a lot harder.

You live where you are free, not where the state tries to control you and infringes on your Constitutional rights.

Old 10-02-2019, 05:50 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IPPn9t6dyE

Lost in Space was an early science fiction TV show based loosely on Swiss Family Robinson. The Robinson family was a traveling family of astronauts who became "lost in space." The adolescent boy, Will, was constantly getting himself into trouble. The family robot would take note, flail his robot arms, and exclaim "Danger, Will Robinson" whenever this was about to happen.

Sixteen of 50 states in the US now allow so-called "constitutional carry," whereby you can pack a concealed handgun without having a permit. Every Joe Blow and Joe Sixpack can now step out onto the street with no fingerprinting, no paperwork, nothing, packing a semi-auto or magnum, with as many extra clips as he can heft.

That is fully 32 percent of states. This is a relatively new phenomenon. For many years, rural Vermont was the only state that allowed it. Thanks to the NRA, one state after another adopted the practice starting around 1990, until now just about 1 in 3 states in the US have passed this misguided law.

The term "Constitutional Carry" is a misnomer. Nowhere does the Second Amendment state that you can strap on a Glock, magnum, or AR-15 with extra clips. If it were "Constitutional" it would obviously apply to all fifty states, but it does not. Try doing it in New York City. Try doing it in Washington DC.

Danger United States, Danger!!
"now allow so-called "constitutional carry,".

Being you are making the clam, back it up.

"The term "Constitutional Carry" is a misnomer. Nowhere does the Second Amendment state that you can strap on a Glock, magnum, or AR-15 with extra clips."

"The RIGHT of the PEOPLE to keep and BEAR arms shall NOT be INFRINGED", start here.

"in·fringe

/inˈfrinj/
verb
past tense: infringed; past participle: infringed

"act so as to limit or undermine (something); encroach on."

Come on, show us how "smart" you are about the 2nd Amendment.

Show us where you have to get permit to exercise ANY RIGHT guaranteed under the Constitution.

And we are called the "UN-educted"!

"The adolescent boy," might be a good new screen name for you.

Just because you wet your pants at the sight of a gun does NOT mean many of the rest of us don't!

Read and LEARN where CITIZENS have used a gun to protect themselves and their families with the use of a gun.

"The Armed Citizen® August 12, 2019 A car thief chose the wrong vehicle to steal in St. Louis Such hypocrites people like you are. You scream and cry whenever 4 of more are killed in so-called "mass shootings'"but shiw ZERO concern for those that have SAVED tens of thousands of lives by having a gun."

"The Armed Citizen® August 23, 2019 A Boyle County homeowner stopped a would-be auto thief early one Friday morning."

"The Armed Citizen® August 26, 2019 An armed citizen was credited by police as playing a critical role in defusing a.

"The Armed Citizen® August 30, 2019 A man with a handgun attempted to break into four vehicles in a shopping center..."

"The Armed Citizen® September 6, 2019 A woman had walked back to her car when she was approached by an older..."

Looks look you would rather these gun owners and the families be dead.

" If it were "Constitutional" it would obviously apply to all fifty states, but it does not. Try doing it in New York City. Try doing it in Washington DC."

Being many courts have dem appointee judges, these laws have NOT been challenged. IMO, I think many WILL be when the Supreme Court gets a 1 more repub appointed judge on it.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 10-02-2019 at 06:18 AM..

Old 10-02-2019, 05:54 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,853,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Ok lets break this down by murders. States with the most.

Alaska #40
Arizona #20
Arkansas #26
Idaho #43
Kansas #31
Kentucky #25
Maine. #46
Mississippi #21
Missouri. #11
New Hampshire #50
North Dakota # 47
Oklahoma. #23
South Dakota. #44
Vermont. #51
West Virginia. #37
Wyoming. #49

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/...t-murders.html

Only 1 state on the Op's list cracked the top 20. Now these are murders not filtered just by type of weapon used.

What we don't see on the list are the states with the most strict, intrusive gun laws. Most of them made the top 20 list

These states have the most strict gun laws. I will rate them by murders from above link.

California. #1
Connecticut. #33
Colorado. #28
District of Columbia. #29
Maryland. #10
Massachusetts. #32
New Jersey. ...#18
New York #7
Illinois. #4

Out of 9 states 4 made the top 10 most dangerous. Out of 16 constitutional carry states? None made top 10 states for most murders.

Opnion: What a breath of fresh air..........Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies