Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 11:56 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I think that's where the US and most of the rest of the world disagree, as you start using obscene or threatening lenguage or behaviour in front of the police in most countries and you are going to end up in the back of a van and then in a cell.

Some US police departments seem to have less experience of such situations, than other police forces around the world, indeed other police forces and especially those in big cities often have to deal with big events, marches and public order.

In the UK, the use of horses and riding at the protestors is a favourite tactic, as is kettling and other such tactics in terms of crowds.

Although we used to have the riot act until it was repealed in 1973. After the Riot Act was read anyone left on the street could face up to ten years in prison or at one time could even be hung. So reading the riot act out was taken seriously.
It does not matter one iota to me if we don't act like the rest of the world. I'm glad that we don't. To arrest someone for protesting, or using foul language, is insane to me. People should be allowed to protest, I don't care how large the protest is. If they want to say something, they should be allowed to say it, I don't care if it is foul.

We already have laws about hurting other people. Slinging a few foul words at someone is not "hurting" them.

I'm glad we are nothing like the rest of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
If civil war was started by the Trumpers, they would be amazed in short order at how many Liberals there are in America armed to the teeth and not afraid of them in the least.
And I think those on the left who would count on such people to back them up are going to be shockingly surprised to find out that they won't.

As for antifa and their little gun groups - I'm sure some of them are hard core, but I bet most of them are little b*tches who will pee their pants in an actual civil war.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2019, 03:27 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,171 posts, read 13,455,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
It does not matter one iota to me if we don't act like the rest of the world. I'm glad that we don't. To arrest someone for protesting, or using foul language, is insane to me. People should be allowed to protest, I don't care how large the protest is. If they want to say something, they should be allowed to say it, I don't care if it is foul.

We already have laws about hurting other people. Slinging a few foul words at someone is not "hurting" them.

I'm glad we are nothing like the rest of the world.

And I think those on the left who would count on such people to back them up are going to be shockingly surprised to find out that they won't.

As for antifa and their little gun groups - I'm sure some of them are hard core, but I bet most of them are little b*tches who will pee their pants in an actual civil war.
Nobody said you can't protest, what you can't do is use threatening behviour or language including obscenities.

This entirely different to the right to peaceful protest.

Old 10-04-2019, 05:52 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,034,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlhdtodd View Post
Antifools are a bunch of punks that act like a pack of rabid animals. They have zero idea of what a fascist really is and wouldn't know one if one came up and phuked an antifool in the azz.

However, they better learn the term "Disparity of Force" as it applies to self defense. The day is coming when they come at an individual in their pack mentality and blood will be spilled and those morons called antifa will be the ones spilling it.

Keep fantasizing. For every antifa punk there are 100 angry nuts on the internet raging about how they can't wait to "spill" antifa blood. Man is it easy to manipulate right wing gun nuts. An absolute coup pulled by elite right when they launched right wing media (Limbaugh Fox and then all it's internet variants).

Put up a video of some jerk in a mask, get your foolish fans to rage against punks while your standard of living is eroding because the top 1% takes more and more. Look over there, dummy!!

Old 10-04-2019, 06:16 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,726,169 times
Quote:
If civil war was started by the Trumpers, they would be amazed in short order at how many Liberals there are in America armed to the teeth and not afraid of them in the least.
That's kind of funny.............

Old 10-04-2019, 08:26 AM

175 posts, read 93,652 times
Quote:
The original organization called Antifa was called Antifaschistische Aktion until 1933. They have been around a long time.

Depends on what you mean by "far left". I would personally call them normal citizens who are opposed to fascism by whatever means it takes.

In other words, "patriots". We fought a world war to try to kill all the fascists, but we obviously missed a few. Hence, Antifa.
I'm opposed to fascism,so does it mean I'm also far-left?

Old 10-04-2019, 08:59 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,944,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortituda View Post
If you're also trying to shut down Dave Rubin and harassing little old ladies... yeah, probably!

Old 10-04-2019, 09:58 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Nobody said you can't protest, what you can't do is use threatening behviour or language including obscenities.

This entirely different to the right to peaceful protest.
You can't use threatening behavior as it is. But to arrest someone for saying "F you, Pig!" is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Who cares, they are just words.

Old 10-04-2019, 10:29 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,119,785 times
Quote:

Now THAT's funny!

...So is this:

https://youtu.be/gKFX0I7CqRk

Old 10-04-2019, 02:02 PM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Now THAT's funny!

...So is this:

https://youtu.be/gKFX0I7CqRk
Lol, yep those guys are clowns for sure. There are other vids of "hard core" antifa types out at shootiong ranges, and it is a laugh fest also.

But there are other more serious far left antifa types that are not a joke.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redneck_Revolt

^ These guys had a presence at Charlestown in 2014 when those tiki torch bufoons inspired a clown to run down a protester in his car.

They were lurking around the edges, armed, and somewhat disciplined.

Of course they received zero MSM coverage.

There are some antifa types that are actually dangerous.

*Caveat*

Dangerous antifa does not include these clowns from Evergreen University. They are a jokefest. Apparently pink high lights in your hair and rose colored glasses lend to your serious nature. Being morbidly obese is also a plus.:

Old 10-05-2019, 01:00 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,522,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortituda View Post
Don't you think it odd that Antifa oppose so called fascism with fascistic behaviour and tactics?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies