Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should we give Trump unlimited authority?
Yes, hail Trump, he’s doing so much good let’s make it permanent 16 32.00%
No, we should respect the limits of executive power, maybe even limit it further 34 68.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 06:09 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,576,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Yes, and that would be you.

Please, in DETAIL, tell us where Trump has acted like a dictator and I will come back with all the things obama did WITHOUT congressional approval, "I have a pen and a phone" AND show all the EO/Ms he signed going over Congress's head and the number times obama was overturned by the courts, some by a 9-0 vote.

So save us the sudden concern about being a dictator.

Each presidency is judged on it's own merits or in this case shortcomings. Why does every wrong move by Trump elicit silly comparisons to Obama or even Hillary ?

The judgement of history is likely to be very harsh on Trump - a leader with complete control of congress who couldn't manage to get any campaign promise fulfilled - although he did get a nice tax cut for the wealthy.

Old 10-03-2019, 06:10 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,115,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Watch what you say, those words always taste really bad when you have to eat them.
Well analyze your correctness score later today!

Old 10-03-2019, 06:10 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
How is that not what this is leading to?

His base wants unrestricted power for him and no questioning of any of his actions.
"His base wants unrestricted power for him and no questioning of any of his actions"

I AM one of his base and know MANY like me, and your claim is a flat out LIE.

You and many like you keep claiming you KNOW what others think WITHOUT ever actually asking any of them. How many have you ACTUALLY asked? Had a one on one conversation with? My guess wound be very few BUT, you know what they think because you ar so smart.

The left media has filled your head with so much B.S it isn't funny anymore!

Old 10-03-2019, 06:12 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,115,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Each presidency is judged on it's own merits or in this case shortcomings. Why does every wrong move by Trump elicit silly comparisons to Obama or even Hillary ?

The judgement of history is likely to be very harsh on Trump - a leader with complete control of congress who couldn't manage to get any campaign promise fulfilled - although he did get a nice tax cut for the wealthy.
Especially with the loser's palpable viciousness from the beginning and zero cooperation on any legislation. That sounds fair.

Old 10-03-2019, 06:17 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,663,106 times
If anyone thought this was a game they probably are getting the idea that it is not.

I learned about RWA (Right Wing Authoritarians) back during the GWB days when I, like most reasonable people, saw madness that I couldn't explain. Rumsfeld was a super-hero. Bombs are good. Etc. etc.

The only way to explain it is to understand RWA.

Of course, most people who are RWA don't even realize it. They are just on automatic program. But for those who fall in between they may want to do some reading and make sure they are not espousing anti-Democratic world views.

Old 10-03-2019, 06:20 AM

3,594 posts, read 1,791,571 times
You’d have to be clueless to believe someone who’s advocating for government decentralization, private property rights, private gun ownership, private enterprise, and lower taxes is acting like a dictator.

Old 10-03-2019, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post

"The judgement of history is likely to be very harsh on Trump" Your OPINION ONLY Because your left media does NOT report on the multitude of good things he has accomplished.

"a leader with complete control of congress who couldn't manage to get any campaign promise fulfilled"

And what did obama accomplish with complete control of congress? O care? What a disaster. The so-called Stimulus, which was a Complete failure. Fast and furious? Cash for clunkers? Another joke.

What did obama accomplish with his dems controlling all of congress that you think was so great?

Libs have such short memories!

"Why does every wrong move by Trump elicit silly comparisons to Obama or even Hillary ?

To point out the hypocrisy of the left dems.

Because of what THEY did or did NOT do and the left NEVER complained about it. Trump does the SAME thing and oh my God the world is going to come to an end.

Example, Obama and the dem controlled Congress APPROVED and paid of better fencing at the borders saying it is an EMERGENCY and we NEED to STOP illegal crossings. When Trump wants to do it, the complete reverse from the dems. They do a 180 on EVERYTHING they said when Obama wanted to do it.

" although he did get a nice tax cut for the wealthy." The same old whine. ALL taxpayers got a tax cut. It stands to reason, something many on the left lack, reasoning, that those that PAY the most in taxes get a better cut. Those "wealthy" you are so envious about ALREADY pay OVER 80% of ALL income taxes collected but, to you that is NOT enough.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 10-03-2019 at 06:35 AM..

Old 10-03-2019, 06:23 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,663,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"His base wants unrestricted power for him and no questioning of any of his actions"

The left media has filled your head with so much B.S it isn't funny anymore!
How can the claim be bunk when the results of this poll.....and most EVERY other poll....show differently?

No left wing media told me that. When 4 in 10 Republicans say he didn't mention Biden during a phone call where he DID and ADMITS it, that shows the basics.

Let's put it this way. Hillary was quite accurate math wise - 1/2 of his base (close enough) are deplorables. If you can actually say that he didn't say what is in writing and that he admits to saying, you are basically saying you approve a Dictator.

In all honesty - can't you understand that?

There are many other examples of the same thing. No one who steps back can claim that if the roles were reversed that the GOP wouldn't have investigated MORE and definitely impeached long ago. After all, look at what they did with a real estate transaction (clinton) and a sad event (Benghazi) and everything else. YEARS and these things don't even start to hold a candle to the crook in chief.

Ask yourself an honest question. Is Trump a crook? The answer will be telling.

The problem with deplorables is that they may actually approve of P Grabbing in this sense "well, people who have the money can do what they want". Or, they may approve of his frauds and bankruptcies "well, if you have the money you play the game that way because you can"....or, they think like this "Those good things he promises me make up for him being a crook".

Gotta be one or the other because even you cannot believe he is an honest and ethical and capable POTUS. Or can you? Tell us because we really want to hear...not about the liberal media, but about how you think?

Old 10-03-2019, 06:25 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Many of the poll threads created by liberals on CD are disingenuous in this manner. It's part of their play book.
Just like the Whistleblower Impeachment Fraud..

Old 10-03-2019, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
If anyone thought this was a game they probably are getting the idea that it is not.

I learned about RWA (Right Wing Authoritarians) back during the GWB days when I, like most reasonable people, saw madness that I couldn't explain. Rumsfeld was a super-hero. Bombs are good. Etc. etc.

The only way to explain it is to understand RWA.

Of course, most people who are RWA don't even realize it. They are just on automatic program. But for those who fall in between they may want to do some reading and make sure they are not espousing anti-Democratic world views.
Change every instance you used RWA with Left Wing Authoritarians and you woold be MORE correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies