Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2019, 08:23 AM
nng

695 posts, read 289,391 times

Advertisements

Hate to be pessimistic, but it's obvious this country is already lost. The democrats are so bad and extreme that Americans are forced to vote republican just so the country doesn't get completely destroyed from democrat nonsense. This country is already lost!!!

Old 10-06-2019, 08:31 AM

1,718 posts, read 1,055,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
Hate to be pessimistic, but it's obvious this country is already lost. The democrats are so bad and extreme that Americans are forced to vote republican just so the country doesn't get completely destroyed from democrat nonsense. This country is already lost!!!
I agree with the bold type but not the rest regarding the country being lost.

Old 10-06-2019, 08:42 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Are drivers typically detained for those two offenses, though? In MI driving without a license doesn't carry a mandatory jail stay until the 2nd offense.
What is WRONG with liberals?! He wasn't detained for driving without a license. When the cop did a computer scan, he saw the illegal had a warrant for skipping out on a deportation hearing. Why are liberals bending over backwards to defend someone who IS NOT ALLOWED IN OUR COUNTRY IN THE FIRST PLACE (!) and then on top of it did something that warranted a deportation hearing, and on top of that didn't show up for it, and now has a warrant out for him?

And liberals say they aren't for illegal immigration! Then why do they defend those who completely ignore our laws (and instead condemn police who are trying to protect our communities)?

If the Democrat wins the election, our country is going to throw open the door to every unskilled, illiterate person in the world, enticing them with promises that Americans will support them and their families, and the country will be destroyed. The only people who should be allowed to immigrate on those who either 1) can demonstrate their will be self-supporting or 2) qualify for asylum.

Old 10-06-2019, 09:02 AM
nng

695 posts, read 289,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
I agree with the bold type but not the rest regarding the country being lost.
You know, I kind of want to agree with you on that, but if America and Americans are even in this type of horrible position where we have to literally vote for the lesser of the two evils every election just so the country isn't completely destroyed by democrats, I think we are lost as a nation at that point. I still hold out hope for this great country though. I personally think this country will collapse within a hundred years, my dad thinks it will be sooner than that if the democrats get into power. Thanks for your opinion though. I appreciate your optimism.

Old 10-07-2019, 12:23 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
In a nutshell, the police officer violated company policy. But you conveniently skipped over that part in your immigrant hating zeal. Let me refresh your memory or read it for you since you didn't.

"The Fairfax County Police Department enacted a 2007 policy that prohibits officers from confirming a person's immigration status and detaining them solely based on civil violations of immigration law."
In a nutshell, you made this up. But you conveniently skipped over that part in your illegal loving zeal. Let me refresh your memory or read it for you since you didn't.
"for turning an illegal alien"

That low life scumbag is an illegal. Period. That you childishly ignore that and deceitfully twist that posters words is a reflection on your inability to care about the truth.

Old 10-07-2019, 12:31 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
Would you?

Say a city cop pulls you over for a tail light out and then finds that you're violating some state-level law of some sort. He slaps the cuffs on you while he calls the Staties and holds you for a few hours, or a day, until they show up to arrest/cite/whatever you. You got no problems with that?

Jurisdictions - they're not just a good idea, they're the law! (to paraphrase an old seat belt ad).
So your argument is that if a cop stops someone, and it comes up on his computer that the guy is wanted by the FBI on federal murder charges committed in another state, that he should not hold the guy until the FBI comes to pick him up?

After all, “Jurisdictions”.

Old 10-08-2019, 04:42 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
So your argument is that if a cop stops someone, and it comes up on his computer that the guy is wanted by the FBI on federal murder charges committed in another state, that he should not hold the guy until the FBI comes to pick him up?

After all, “Jurisdictions”.
I'm arguing that there are scenarios when it can get problematic, because the arresting/detaining department isn't trained/funded/equipped to handle it. That should be pretty obvious at this point.

Old 10-08-2019, 04:48 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
What is WRONG with liberals?! He wasn't detained for driving without a license. When the cop did a computer scan, he saw the illegal had a warrant for skipping out on a deportation hearing. Why are liberals bending over backwards to defend someone who IS NOT ALLOWED IN OUR COUNTRY IN THE FIRST PLACE (!) and then on top of it did something that warranted a deportation hearing, and on top of that didn't show up for it, and now has a warrant out for him?

And liberals say they aren't for illegal immigration! Then why do they defend those who completely ignore our laws (and instead condemn police who are trying to protect our communities)?

If the Democrat wins the election, our country is going to throw open the door to every unskilled, illiterate person in the world, enticing them with promises that Americans will support them and their families, and the country will be destroyed. The only people who should be allowed to immigrate on those who either 1) can demonstrate their will be self-supporting or 2) qualify for asylum.
#1 - I'm not a liberal.

#2 - I'm simply pointing out that by virtue of our system of government/laws, these situations can often get very complicated.

#3 - Cops need to obey the policies of their respective departments, whether they like them or not.

#4 - I'm all for increased border security and for the removal of folks here illegally.

Old 10-08-2019, 05:12 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
I'm arguing that there are scenarios when it can get problematic, because the arresting/detaining department isn't trained/funded/equipped to handle it. That should be pretty obvious at this point.
If they are trained and equipped to arrest and detain hardened criminals, then it shouldn’t matter whether they are legal or illegal. “Funded” could be an issue, but I think that is used as an excuse not to cooperate. Like I said, they have no problems holding prisoners for the FBI, or another jurisdictions when it comes to other crimes. They only have a problem with it when the criminal is an illegal alien.

Old 10-08-2019, 05:15 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,575,619 times
If you don't go to your scheduled Deportation Hearing, you are breaking yet another law, and should be detained by local police. Period. It's called a bench warrant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies