Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2019, 10:43 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
If Volker says the Ukraine was all a planned skakedown and quid pro quo, he runs the risk of implicating himself and could open himself up to charges in the future.

I trust the actual text messages, which clearly show the intent to pressure Ukraine into playing along, over Volker's testimony.
I would trust the text messages also ....... and the testimony .......

IF I could read all of both - 9.5 HOURS of Testimony

What we got are only the Cherry Picked messages and testimony that Adam Schiff considered relevant.
When another Democrat says nothing in the hearing yesterday backed up Adam Schiff - we should all pay attention. Schiff has a horrible reputation for his stunts (like his opening remarks at the last hearing) and has zero credibility at this point.

Let us see all the transcript & let the House VOTE on an inquiry ..... let the chips fall where they may.

Anything less than that is Kabuki Theater and Election Nullification because the Left lost in 2016.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2019, 10:52 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
I totally agree--Release the Testimony!!!!

Buzzfeed is reporting that in the testimony it was stated that--

"...Trump Said Ukraine Was A Corrupt Country Full Of “Terrible People" Who Were Out To Get Him, Former Diplomat Told Congress..."

Buzzfeed has been wrong before, so I think we should definitely see the testimony. But if Trump said that, I'm sure he would try to stop it from being released.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...-ukraine-trump

Old 10-04-2019, 10:54 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I totally agree--Release the Testimony!!!!

Buzzfeed is reporting that in the testimony it was stated that--

"...Trump Said Ukraine Was A Corrupt Country Full Of “Terrible People" Who Were Out To Get Him, Former Diplomat Told Congress..."

Buzzfeed has been wrong before, so I think we should definitely see the testimony. But if Trump said that, I'm sure he would stop it from being released.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...-ukraine-trump
Putin must have told him that.

Old 10-04-2019, 10:56 AM

8,502 posts, read 3,341,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Rep. Lee Zeldin (R-N.Y.) told reporters that the closed door testimony before Congress on Thursday blew a giant hole in the narrative by Democrats on their rationale for impeachment.

"Participated in Amb Volker’s “impeachment inquiry” interview today. He was candid, genuine, informed & blew huge holes through the middle of false claims @POTUS asked Ukraine to “manufacture dirt” on Bidens, that there was quid pro quo, etc. Solid witness!"-Lee Zeldin

Honestly, I don't believe that this impeachment inquiry, personally I don't believe this impeachment inquiry should have been launched the way it was, when it was, it was launched before any member of Congress was able to read the whistleblower's report," Zeldin said.

"It was released before any of us, any member of Congress, or the American public, was able to read for ourselves the transcripts," he explained.

Zeldin said Volker's testimony unraveled many Democratic claims, and specifically named Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.).

"Now what we're going to see with one person after another coming before these committees of jurisdiction are blowing massive holes in
side of the theory, the narrative that chairman Schiff has been providing to the public," Zeldin continued.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/zeldin...ment-narrative
Sure. In an interview during a break. Guess he hadn't yet heard the rest of the Volker testimony.

I'm all for transparency. Does any one believe Trump's "encouraging" Ukraine to help him find the missing Clinton e-mails and the supposed Biden millions would have come out if the Whistleblower hadn't come along?

The Presidency shouldn't be a shield for misdoing.

Old 10-04-2019, 11:00 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDann636 View Post
If Trump loses we’ll see a resurgence in Militia Groups. I’m confident of that. It happens whenever a Democrat is in the White House generally, but this time it will be be doubly so. Right wing reactionaries don’t like sharing power.
"If Trump loses" , just more if, could, maybe etc., is a waste of time.

Old 10-04-2019, 11:03 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Sure. Why rely on reading the actual text messages that were released when you can defer to a partisan's interpretation of what happened?
Sure. Or why rely on the President's own confession on the WH lawn that he requested both China and Ukraine investigate his political rival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I wonder if the Dem's will start a civil war when they LOSE again?
Your boy Don the Con is the one flailing his arms and screaming for Civil War.

Quote:
Could someone provide a translation of this incoherent gibberish please?
Do not waste your time. Trust me on this.

Old 10-04-2019, 11:26 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I would trust the text messages also ....... and the testimony .......

IF I could read all of both - 9.5 HOURS of Testimony

What we got are only the Cherry Picked messages and testimony that Adam Schiff considered relevant.
When another Democrat says nothing in the hearing yesterday backed up Adam Schiff - we should all pay attention. Schiff has a horrible reputation for his stunts (like his opening remarks at the last hearing) and has zero credibility at this point.

Let us see all the transcript & let the House VOTE on an inquiry ..... let the chips fall where they may.

Anything less than that is Kabuki Theater and Election Nullification because the Left lost in 2016.
Trump has a lot more to release than the Dems ever did. He can go first.

Old 10-04-2019, 02:15 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Yes, release the transcripts. And release today’s transcripts too.

“Are we now saying that security assistance and WH meeting are conditioned on investigations?” Taylor wrote on September 1. “

“Call me,” Sondland answered.
Talylor admitted during his Testimony that he was basing it on Media information after the July 25th call.
Schiff is a known Liar ... the Washington Post gave him 4 Pinocchio’s today for his “Whistleblower” statements.
The GOP is strongly calling for a complete Transcript to be released. Who do you suppose has some to hide?
Schiff who cherry picked certain comments/Texts. ... OR ... the GOP who is called for ALL of it to be released?

From the GOP Oversight Committee:
👉FACT CHECK: Ambassador Volker told us yesterday that Taylor’s knowledge here was from an August 28 Politico article. Not because Taylor had any independent information. It’s deceitful for Democrats to release these cherry-picked texts without full context of Volker’s testimony.
👉FACT CHECK: Ambassador Volker explicitly told us yesterday that there was NO quid pro quo between the Trump Administration and Ukraine. But Democrats don’t want to tell you that.
👉FACT CHECK: Sondland was much closer to the President than Bill Taylor. Sondland also knew that the President was ‘crystal clear’ about there never being quid pro quo. Volker said Sondland was just repeating here what we all understood. Another fact Democrats choose to ignor
👉@HouseDemocrats should be ashamed today. By publicly releasing cherry-picked documents, Democrats have polluted the public discourse with misinformation.
We hope the American people will get to see the full context of Volker’s testimony. Will @RepAdamSchiff let it happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Trump has a lot more to release than the Dems ever did. He can go first.
President Trump DID “go first”
He released his Telephone call
He declassified the GossipBlowers second hand Gossip.

Old 10-04-2019, 02:51 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,341,588 times
Quote:
Talylor admitted during his Testimony that he was basing it on Media information after the July 25th call.
Schiff is a known Liar ... the Washington Post gave him 4 Pinocchio’s today for his “Whistleblower” statements.
The GOP is strongly calling for a complete Transcript to be released. Who do you suppose has some to hide?
Schiff who cherry picked certain comments/Texts. ... OR ... the GOP who is called for ALL of it to be released?

��FACT CHECK: Ambassador Volker told us yesterday that Taylor’s knowledge here was from an August 28 Politico article. Not because Taylor had any independent information. It’s deceitful for Democrats to release these cherry-picked texts without full context of Volker’s testimony.
��FACT CHECK: Ambassador Volker explicitly told us yesterday that there was NO quid pro quo between the Trump Administration and Ukraine. But Democrats don’t want to tell you that.
��FACT CHECK: Sondland was much closer to the President than Bill Taylor. Sondland also knew that the President was ‘crystal clear’ about there never being quid pro quo. Volker said Sondland was just repeating here what we all understood. Another fact Democrats choose to ignor
��@HouseDemocrats should be ashamed today. By publicly releasing cherry-picked documents, Democrats have polluted the public discourse with misinformation.
We hope the American people will get to see the full context of Volker’s testimony. Will @RepAdamSchiff let it happen?

You are being pretty selective here yourself. Take a look at the relevant texts:

[9/1/19, 12:08:57 PM] Bill Taylor: Are we now saying that security assistance and WH meeting are conditioned on investigations?

[9/1/19, 12:42:29 PM] Gordon Sondland: Call me

[9/9/19, 12:47:11 AM] Bill Taylor: As I said on the phone, I think it’s crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign.

Taylor and Sondland have that phone call. And Taylor still thinks Trump's withholding security assistance for political advantage? The first time Taylor asks (a couple of days after the Politico article) Sondland cuts him off. The second time Taylor makes a flat statement (presumably based on talking to Sondland about it) Sondland texts:

[9/9/19, 5:19:35 AM] Gordon Sondland: Bill, I believe you are incorrect about President Trump’s intentions. The President has been crystal clear no quid pro quo’s of any kind. The President is trying to evaluate whether Ukraine is truly going to adopt the transparency and reforms that President Zelensky promised during his campaign I suggest we stop the back and forth by text If you still have concerns I recommend you give Lisa Kenna or S a call to discuss them directly. Thanks.

The texts have been brief exchanges up until now. But Sondland - clearly no fool - comes back with a formal statement for a record.

No opinion about whether this is impeachable. But it's damned dirty politics. A new low IMHO.

EDIT - Cite for Texts: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...es-volker.html

Last edited by EveryLady; 10-04-2019 at 03:15 PM..

Old 10-04-2019, 02:55 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:

��FACT CHECK: Ambassador Volker told us yesterday that Taylor’s knowledge here was from an August 28 Politico article. Not because Taylor had any independent information. It’s deceitful for Democrats to release these cherry-picked texts without full context of Volker’s testimony.
��FACT CHECK: Ambassador Volker explicitly told us yesterday that there was NO quid pro quo between the Trump Administration and Ukraine. But Democrats don’t want to tell you that.
��FACT CHECK: Sondland was much closer to the President than Bill Taylor. Sondland also knew that the President was ‘crystal clear’ about there never being quid pro quo. Volker said Sondland was just repeating here what we all understood. Another fact Democrats choose to ignor
��@HouseDemocrats should be ashamed today. By publicly releasing cherry-picked documents, Democrats have polluted the public discourse with misinformation.

This is why they held these hearing behind closed doors. From what I understand, there was no classified information discussed. But if they had done this in an open forum, then the Democrats would not have been able to make up lies to try to prop up their impeachment narrative.

Which clearly is what they are now doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies