Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2019, 02:22 PM

10,626 posts, read 4,256,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Mueller investigation was Republican led...and turned up a whole bunch worth further investigation. And it directly cites that their efforts were obstructed.

But it's too long to read I guess and people are happy just taking another lie from Trump in the form of the "no collusion, no obstruction, total exoneration" nonsense.
Clinton's lawyers wrote the Mueller report (which Mueller didn't even know the content of when he was questioned by Congress), so even though Republicans had the House and Senate.....it was not a Republican-controlled investigation.
Rosenstein chose a puppet named Mueller, and the rest is history.

Old 10-05-2019, 02:25 PM

25,420 posts, read 9,727,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
It's mind numbing how much hate Dems have for Trump. It's got to be a deep rooted sickness. Nobody hates this ferociously. But strangely enough...Dems don't care. They don't seem to harbor any desire to ever give him any credit for anything. It's quite evil and wicked to be frank. And quite shocking. The man is not perfect. But he is our president. And he deserves our support...not our wrath. It's ok to criticize, but to demonize is not. The reason Trump hits back so hard... Is because liberals never ever cease their vicious attacks on him. If you were in Trump's shoes you would hit back as well... And if you were a supporter of trump you would stand up for him like we do. Nobody can stand in silence and not fight back if they are viciously attacked like Trump is. As long as the Liberals keep viciously attacking him... those of us who support him will keep punching back. War has been declared on our president...and we will stand tall in defense of him and not waver.
Trump has brought a lot of things on himself. The media has reported on what he says and does, which at the very least is troubling and in the extreme, criminal. He has thumbed his nose at the Constitution from the day he took office, refusing to divest himself of his properties in direct violation of the emoluments clause. His main purpose has been to dismantle everything Obama has done, most importantly healthcare, which millions like myself have, and the environment. He wants to sell off public lands. He allows horrific killing of wildlife. That in itself is enough to cause at least a huge dislike for somebody like that.

He denies climate change, the effects of which are already as apparent as the nose on your face. He has tried to subvert the other two branches of government when they make a decision that he doesn't like. Even now, he's under an impeachment inquiry because he decided to hold up money to Ukraine when the Congress passed a bipartesan agreement to send the money to them. The man talks and acts like a mob boss, the way he tries to bully people into doing what he wants. And the childish name-calling. My God, the man acts like a 7th grader, on a good day.

He is barely more than a street thug in word and deed. I've never had this type of problem with any other president who has been in office. I am not a lifelong Democrat, and have only been one in the last 15 years or so. Even then, I never had problems with the Democratic presidents like I do with this one. I dare say had one of the other 2016 candidates been elected president, I wouldn't be paying as much attention to politics as I do now.

I cannot feel sorry for someone who is antagonistic by nature, who lashes out at 50% of the country, calling names and acting like we all aren't citizens of this country. He refuses to learn about government and how it's run. Otherwise, he wouldn't be so bent out of shape when the rule of law gets in his way from doing something that he's determined in his own little mind he wants to accomplish.

I truly believe he ran for president on a lark, and like a dog chasing a parked car, hasn't a clue as to what to do with it now that he's caught it.

I used to respect the office of the president. But now I have no respect for it, as Trump has done nothing but sullied it with his total disrespect and disregard for this country and the citizens in it, except for his chosen admirers. No other president has ever acted in the low class way he has, even with foreign leaders. His supporters will cheer and clap and say way to get 'em, when he resorts to his adolescent antics. The rest of us grown ups aren't impressed and hope to hell we can eventually get a real adult in the room.

Old 10-05-2019, 02:27 PM

10,626 posts, read 4,256,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Trump has brought a lot of things on himself. The media has reported on what he says and does, which at the very least is troubling and in the extreme, criminal.
If it was criminal then you and Nancy would have named the crime.

Old 10-05-2019, 02:39 PM

23,803 posts, read 14,933,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Clinton's lawyers wrote the Mueller report (which Mueller didn't even know the content of when he was questioned by Congress), so even though Republicans had the House and Senate.....it was not a Republican-controlled investigation.
Rosenstein chose a puppet named Mueller, and the rest is history.
Does this mean you never read it? You do know Mueller is a republican?

Old 10-05-2019, 02:49 PM

8,430 posts, read 4,483,372 times
Harrassment of Trump? What a joke concept.

Old 10-05-2019, 02:54 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,345,145 times
The Democrats can be lauded (not charged) for holding him accountable. He needs to uphold the constitution of which he swore to do.

Old 10-05-2019, 04:07 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,615,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Well, let me put in simple terms that you might understand. Should a cop be charged for going after a bank robber ? Should a District Attorney be charged for bringing charges against a child molester ? Should the IRS be charged for going after a tax dodger ?

If you answer yes to any of those, I see why you feel the Democrats should be charged for doing their Constitutional duty to make sure the President of this country is not corrupt or doing something illegal/unethical.

You had no problem with Al Franken being investigated and kicked out over getting his hands too close to a woman's body, so why would you have a problem with the President being investigated for selling out our elections and trying to get a foreign country to dig up dirt on his opponent ?
Totally wrong statements. Frankenstein should have had the right to defend himself.

I’m against anyone being charged, trialed and convicted in the public “court room” instead of a court house.

Democrats had no other choice than eliminate Franken, as Democrats were calling for everyone else to be trialed in the media.

Franken was ousted by his own party.

The sick party that can’t read, can’t listen to factual statements b it listen to Schiff who got 4 Pinokkios from a left wing newspaper for lying!

Any Democrate should be embarrassed by now or they have no values and for sure no morals, but we knew that already.

The walk away from Democratic Party is bigger than Democrats expect.

Romney and other fakers are not something the party or Trump voters are behind. I regret going to two of Romney’s rally’s but at the time there was nothing better. McCain was only getting our support as no support for Obama could be given due to the bad things he stood for.

We all can see how this economy has the lowest unemployment in 50 years.

Facts can’t be changed, even though libs are trying to bring the fake news out.

In the end the truth always conquer.

Rakin, is very right.

Today we showed some homes and it was great to see that sellers even had Trump flags on their property while selling their home...the amount of cars with Trump stickers is such a high percentage that 2020 must be a great year for Trump!

Old 10-05-2019, 04:09 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,615,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Does this mean you never read it? You do know Mueller is a republican?
Like Comey, Charlie Christ and others when they can’t win, they blame the party and switch.

All they have in common is that they are losers and whiners.

Old 10-05-2019, 04:21 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,510,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Like Comey, Charlie Christ and others when they can’t win, they blame the party and switch.

All they have in common is that they are losers and whiners.
So, trump.

Old 10-05-2019, 06:17 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,089,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Trump has brought a lot of things on himself. The media has reported on what he says and does, which at the very least is troubling and in the extreme, criminal. He has thumbed his nose at the Constitution from the day he took office, refusing to divest himself of his properties in direct violation of the emoluments clause. His main purpose has been to dismantle everything Obama has done, most importantly healthcare, which millions like myself have, and the environment. He wants to sell off public lands. He allows horrific killing of wildlife. That in itself is enough to cause at least a huge dislike for somebody like that.

He denies climate change, the effects of which are already as apparent as the nose on your face. He has tried to subvert the other two branches of government when they make a decision that he doesn't like. Even now, he's under an impeachment inquiry because he decided to hold up money to Ukraine when the Congress passed a bipartesan agreement to send the money to them. The man talks and acts like a mob boss, the way he tries to bully people into doing what he wants. And the childish name-calling. My God, the man acts like a 7th grader, on a good day.

He is barely more than a street thug in word and deed. I've never had this type of problem with any other president who has been in office. I am not a lifelong Democrat, and have only been one in the last 15 years or so. Even then, I never had problems with the Democratic presidents like I do with this one. I dare say had one of the other 2016 candidates been elected president, I wouldn't be paying as much attention to politics as I do now.

I cannot feel sorry for someone who is antagonistic by nature, who lashes out at 50% of the country, calling names and acting like we all aren't citizens of this country. He refuses to learn about government and how it's run. Otherwise, he wouldn't be so bent out of shape when the rule of law gets in his way from doing something that he's determined in his own little mind he wants to accomplish.

I truly believe he ran for president on a lark, and like a dog chasing a parked car, hasn't a clue as to what to do with it now that he's caught it.

I used to respect the office of the president. But now I have no respect for it, as Trump has done nothing but sullied it with his total disrespect and disregard for this country and the citizens in it, except for his chosen admirers. No other president has ever acted in the low class way he has, even with foreign leaders. His supporters will cheer and clap and say way to get 'em, when he resorts to his adolescent antics. The rest of us grown ups aren't impressed and hope to hell we can eventually get a real adult in the room.
Stopped reading your long winded fiction when I got to the emoluments nonsense. You'll likely not like his second term either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies