Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2019, 08:35 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I don't like Trump one bit, but I do like that he is willing to answer just about any question thrown at him off the cuff (except what he wanted from Ukraine when with the Finnish PM). And he does it almost daily. He doesn't need press conferences.
I like Ponderosa's response. He's far from a Trump supporter but he nails it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2019, 05:03 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
If you listen to him closely he almost never answers the question and rambles on into some new conspiracy theory. Did he answer the question the reporter asked him 3 times when he was with the president of Finland. The reporter from Reuters asked him a question a second time as to what he wanted the Ukrainian President to do about corruption relative to Biden, Trump never answered the first question and then exploded.

Since when is Reuters some activist news media, this is silly and painting the press as the enemy of the state could only occur on Trumps watch.
"If you listen to him closely he almost never answers the question"

Like this?

" Quote of the day
“My accomplishments as Secretary of State? Well, I'm glad you asked! My proudest accomplishment in
which I take the most pride, mostly because of the opposition it faced early on, you know… the remnants
of prior situations and mindsets that were too narrowly focused in a manner whereby they may have
overlooked the bigger picture and we didn’t do that and I’m proud of that. Very proud. I would say that’s
a major accomplishment.”

- Hillary Clinton 11 March 2014

Could someone please tell me what the hell she just said?
And she may be running for President?

And I'd bet you voted for her and never complain about HER NON answers. Typical hypocrite statement by you.

"Since when is Reuters some activist news media," Reuters lost all credibility during the Iraq war when they were caught using a local and claiming he was some Major in the Army they used for intel on what was going and printing his "reports" and doctoring pictures to support their "activist" agenda.
Sorry to burst your bubble about them.

Old 10-07-2019, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The press is the eyes and ears of our democracy, we deserve to have answers to these questions. This is not a dictatorship where the press has no standing.
In today's world with the technology we have, we do NOT need the press to "interpret" every thing for us. Maybe you do.

We do NOT need their very biased "reporting", distorting what is said, leaving out IMPORTANT details in order to push the agendas, etc., when we can get it right from the mouth of those saying things.

The media has and has had a LOWER approval rating then even Congress for DECADES for very good reasons.

Even my local paper which is owned by McLatchy only uses articles from liberal newspapers like the NY Times and Wash Post and NEVER from a conservative paper like the Wash Times. They only quote liberals and NEVER a conservative. There is NO balance.

Old 10-07-2019, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Who cares? Trump lies. His idiot supporters back him. Rinse and repeat.
Who cares? The media lies. Their idiot supporters back them. See how easy that is.

Old 10-07-2019, 05:50 AM

57,264 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I don't think Trump will ever hold another press conference in the White House briefing room.
He has no control over the reporters there, and must call on at leas some of them.

The room is very small, so it's always hard for Trump to get up and leave when things aren't going his way. Since it was set up for television, the closeups broadcast from the room never make him look as good as when he's outside in natural daylight and filmed from a greater distance.

When he's by the helicopter, he's in charge. The helo's waiting, so he can always stop at any point and get on it, and while it's running he can always use the noise of the rotors as an excuse for not 'hearing' a question. (Ronald Reagan was a master at that; he used to play he was much more deafened by the helo than he actually was.)

The weekly press meetings of the past were never mandatory for any of the Presidents, and there never has been any requirement the meetings must happen. so there's nothing that says Trump or any of his staff must give a press conference.
Good points, when the going gets tough he just needs to head for the helicopter.

Old 10-07-2019, 05:54 AM

57,264 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"If you listen to him closely he almost never answers the question"

Like this?

" Quote of the day
“My accomplishments as Secretary of State? Well, I'm glad you asked! My proudest accomplishment in
which I take the most pride, mostly because of the opposition it faced early on, you know… the remnants
of prior situations and mindsets that were too narrowly focused in a manner whereby they may have
overlooked the bigger picture and we didn’t do that and I’m proud of that. Very proud. I would say that’s
a major accomplishment.”
- Hillary Clinton 11 March 2014

Could someone please tell me what the hell she just said?
And she may be running for President?

And I'd bet you voted for her and never complain about HER NON answers. Typical hypocrite statement by you.

"Since when is Reuters some activist news media," Reuters lost all credibility during the Iraq war when they were caught using a local and claiming he was some Major in the Army they used for intel on what was going and printing his "reports" and doctoring pictures to support their "activist" agenda.
Sorry to burst your bubble about them.
But Hillary! LOL

Reuters is a basic news source and the reporters question was quite straight forward and simple yet he refused to answer a question he should have been prepared. No one views Reuters as biased except when they come up against Trump, then they're and activist news source. LOL

Old 10-07-2019, 09:13 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,442,664 times
Funny to hear Leftists talk about traditions when it comes to Trump but **** and moan when you bring them up when talking about foreigners assimilating into our traditions and culture.

Old 10-07-2019, 09:18 AM

4,511 posts, read 5,052,966 times
You've got to have a "Traditional Press" before you can have a meeting with them. What we have now is a media that writes the story first and then looks for ways to blame the one they wrote about.

Old 10-07-2019, 04:03 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,454,906 times
Some of you obviously aren't capable of discerning the difference between legitimate, objective journalists and the crazy right wing nut job opinion mongers who have a career only because they scream and lie and regurgitate the same angry nonsense as nut job Rush Limbaugh.

Old 10-07-2019, 04:07 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,454,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Funny to hear Leftists talk about traditions when it comes to Trump but **** and moan when you bring them up when talking about foreigners assimilating into our traditions and culture.
My earliest American ancestors came over on the Mayflower. I guess that makes your family a bunch of "foreigners" to mine.

And even your ancestors probably came over before newbie Trump, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies