Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2019, 07:49 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,327,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
The bigger more appropriate questions is; Why should american citzens have to pay for anyones health care other than their own?
Good point. We need to immediately stop aid to all the poor, backward, Trumpie states. No more Medicare/Medicaid money from NY, CA and MA to the red states. Every state stands on its own, no exceptions. No doubt Mississippi and Alabama taxpayers will love seeing their tax burden explode, while NY and CA see their tax burdens reduced.

I'll make an exception for Dotard, Barr and Giuliani, though. I'll happily pay their healthcare costs while in federal prison. Sign me up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2019, 07:50 AM

2,416 posts, read 2,985,263 times
Why is it that conservatives want to require healthcare coverage for immigrants and don't want to pay for their healthcare and yet they scream when the govt tries to require healthcare coverage for U.S. citizens?

Old 10-05-2019, 07:50 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,271,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I was recently reading Canada's strict immigration policies and this was one of their strongest points.

Maybe a few of our Canadian friends can speak up but I understand you can't be a burden on their system at all. Job, Insurance and Health wise.

No free gravy trains in Canada.
This has nothing to do with my post.

The only burden to the system in the US from an immigration perspective that exists is from illegal immigrants (and this does nothing to change that) and refugees (and they will be exempt anyway under the terms of the 1965 Immigration and Nationality Act). Every one else has to either be proven to be self supporting, or have a US sponsor who agrees to support that immigrant.

Old 10-05-2019, 07:55 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Pure deflection again. Blame the immigrants- look-look they are what is wrong with our country - but nothing to fix the present insurance issues. Feel like he constantly throws the ball to the dog, but in the bushes, so the the poor animal doesn’t go for the steak on the grill. Keep your eyes on the ball little ones, some of us trying to work on the real problems.
Blame the welfare schemes which are immoral on their face, cant be policed, and run as monopolies i.e. absent competitive forces that bring elevated services and greater efficiencies.

Old 10-05-2019, 07:55 AM

27,549 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Trump Will Deny Immigrant Visas to Those Who Can’t Pay for Health Care https://nyti.ms/2LKYLE3
What an excellent idea. Anybody who wants to become a legal resident of the United States needs to prove that they are able to take care of themselves or somebody can take care of them. Kind of makes sense, right?

Once again, President Trump is requiring something that should have been done decades ago.

Old 10-05-2019, 08:00 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,327,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
What an excellent idea. Anybody who wants to become a legal resident of the United States needs to prove that they are able to take care of themselves.
Immigrants to the U.S. already take care of themselves. They're a huge net positive.

The problem is all the lazy Deplorables sponging off the taxpayers, who need a scapegoat to rationalize their failures in life. I have family members like this. Overweight, uneducated, angry, brainwashed, failures in life. They think immigrants and liberals ruined their lives, and Trump is their savior. Meanwhile immigrants are working 80 hour weeks and have 10x the net worth of Deplorables in a generation.

How about we test all American residents whether they can take care of themselves? If they can't, they can leave.

Old 10-05-2019, 08:01 AM

2,479 posts, read 2,211,652 times
Default Trust me

Quote:
In his latest grand anti-immigrant proclamation, President Trump declared legal immigrants unable to demonstrate health care coverage within 30 days would be denied entry into the US. How are they supposed to do that? Even with good jobs, many companies don't offer insurance for 90 days.

Trump Will Deny Immigrant Visas to Those Who Can’t Pay for Health Care https://nyti.ms/2LKYLE3

This sounds like a niche business opportunity that WILL be filled

Old 10-05-2019, 09:06 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
We have never been America last. This country has always been the leader of the world and looked up to.
Which has nothing to do with having a common sense standard. They can purchase travelers insurance before coming to the USA. It isn't that big of a deal. I travel a lot and do it all the time. You would have to be a complete idiot to travel without insurance.

Old 10-05-2019, 09:24 AM

19,609 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Immigrants to the U.S. already take care of themselves. They're a huge net positive.

The problem is all the lazy Deplorables sponging off the taxpayers, who need a scapegoat to rationalize their failures in life. I have family members like this. Overweight, uneducated, angry, brainwashed, failures in life. They think immigrants and liberals ruined their lives, and Trump is their savior. Meanwhile immigrants are working 80 hour weeks and have 10x the net worth of Deplorables in a generation.

How about we test all American residents whether they can take care of themselves? If they can't, they can leave.
Too bad. They are ours, warts and all. They are born as American citizens, and we need to take care of each other first.

If immigrants want to come here and pay taxes to help poor Americans, I'm all for it. The more they make the more they can pay. But they cannot mosey over here and ask for anything, they must be an asset. Too bad there are so many we accept in as "refugees" and "undocumented" who are allowed to take what should go to Americans instead of paying to live here.

Old 10-05-2019, 09:49 AM

3,325 posts, read 1,959,833 times
Quote:
So where is the health care for Americans? The GOP has had plenty of time to come up with healthcare for legal residents and they haven't done a thing for us either
I have health insurance. So do millions upon millions of other working taxpayers.
Congress holds the purse strings and congress is dominated by democrats. So what gives? Why doesn’t pelosi and her drama queens come up with a viable fix to obamascare? Are democrats so filled with hate and delusion they are willing to put Americans last in their rush to impeach trump and scam the poor immigrant for votes?
Democrats need to put their own house in order before projecting their failures on someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies