Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2019, 03:25 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Lol, as if health care or housing has literally anything to do with why Trump and his supporters don’t want any immigrants. You guys always seem oblivious to how obvious this all is, as if you think you really have everyone fooled.
Well, gee Wally, I'm not white and I whole heartedly agree with Trump. Why do you all put so much emphasis on Latinos that can just walk in from the South? What, in your mind, makes them so damn special over every other immigrant that wants to come here? The illegals are the problem and always have been. Sorry that it's a fact they are almost entirely Latino from about 3 or 4 Nations to our South.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2019, 03:30 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I understand, however I was addressing someone's remark whom is a known illegal alien defender and when he/she mentions "immigrants" I know damned well they are referring to illegal aliens. They are one of those who likes to blur the lines between immigrants and illegal aliens.
Oh, okay.

Old 10-05-2019, 03:39 PM

62,951 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Well, gee Wally, I'm not white and I whole heartedly agree with Trump. Why do you all put so much emphasis on Latinos that can just walk in from the South? What, in your mind, makes them so damn special over every other immigrant that wants to come here? The illegals are the problem and always have been. Sorry that it's a fact they are almost entirely Latino from about 3 or 4 Nations to our South.
Of course these fools stretch it to mean that we don't want any "immigrants". What BS! We just want them to come here legally and in the numbers that we need and not all from mostly one ethnic group which leads to colonization not assimilation.

Old 10-05-2019, 04:56 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
What an excellent idea. Anybody who wants to become a legal resident of the United States needs to prove that they are able to take care of themselves or somebody can take care of them. Kind of makes sense, right?

Once again, President Trump is requiring something that should have been done decades ago.
Thing is it's more or less already done. They already PROVED IT BY GOING THROUGH THE LEGAL IMMIGRATION SYSTEM. Our US Immigration system checks their bank accounts and also requires a sponsor who takes a legal oath to support them. They cannot use any welfare.

There are people who don't get it--our LEGAL IMMIGRATION SYSTEM already requires proof that they can take care of themselves. If not, they are denied entry. DENIED by the LEGAL system. It is strict and that is good. The system is pretty good the way it is, could use some improvement, yes. But this thread is a fight over nothing because Trump is more or less duplicating something that's already been done.

Old 10-05-2019, 06:47 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,770,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Thing is it's more or less already done. They already PROVED IT BY GOING THROUGH THE LEGAL IMMIGRATION SYSTEM. Our US Immigration system checks their bank accounts and also requires a sponsor who takes a legal oath to support them. They cannot use any welfare.

There are people who don't get it--our LEGAL IMMIGRATION SYSTEM already requires proof that they can take care of themselves. If not, they are denied entry. DENIED by the LEGAL system. It is strict and that is good. The system is pretty good the way it is, could use some improvement, yes. But this thread is a fight over nothing because Trump is more or less duplicating something that's already been done.
So are the sponsors of those legal immigrants going to pay the hundreds of thousands in medical expenses if the immigrant they sponsored gets cancer or is in bad accident? Or will the taxpayers be on the hook through funding indigent care or Medicaid for those immigrants?

Old 10-05-2019, 07:06 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,555,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Sounds like a great idea.

Immigrants should not become a burden to the host country, I think this is something most Americans would agree with.
I agree completely. The US should not be a host to a bunch of parasites.

Old 10-05-2019, 07:21 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,747,375 times
Why is it a bad thing?

Taxpayers shouldn't be funding for healthcare for illegal immigrants

Old 10-05-2019, 11:56 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,275,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
Why is it a bad thing?

Taxpayers shouldn't be funding for healthcare for illegal immigrants
I think you missed the either at the end of your last statement. Since this order does not address how illegal immigrants get healthcare, nor the criteria needed to be proven by illegal immigrants prior to being permitted entry illegally. Yes that's sarcasm.

Old 10-06-2019, 09:15 AM

20,333 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
In his latest grand anti-immigrant proclamation, President Trump declared legal immigrants unable to demonstrate health care coverage within 30 days would be denied entry into the US. How are they supposed to do that? Even with good jobs, many companies don't offer insurance for 90 days.

Trump Will Deny Immigrant Visas to Those Who Can’t Pay for Health Care https://nyti.ms/2LKYLE3
You mean we may emulate other modern, progressive country's policies towards immigration?

AWESOME!

Thanks for sharing some good news

Old 10-06-2019, 09:19 AM

3,648 posts, read 3,784,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
In his latest grand anti-immigrant proclamation, President Trump declared legal immigrants unable to demonstrate health care coverage within 30 days would be denied entry into the US. How are they supposed to do that? Even with good jobs, many companies don't offer insurance for 90 days.

Trump Will Deny Immigrant Visas to Those Who Can’t Pay for Health Care https://nyti.ms/2LKYLE3
Like Ireland does. Hmmm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies