Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2019, 10:13 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,082,970 times

Advertisements

Does anybody here know why lovecrowds hate Denver so much? I've never seen anyone rant and post fake news articles about a city and state the way I've seen lovecrowds post about Colorado.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2019, 10:20 AM

18,008 posts, read 27,450,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
::rolling my eyes at the whole "liberals vs. conservatives" jabs in this thread::.
I hear ya.

For me, that started in earnest right here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Whatever it takes to make Democrats or liberals look bad. Meanwhile, I wonder how Oklahoma City's new street car system downtown is doing in which Republican leaders got people to vote in favor of.

Old 10-28-2019, 09:22 AM

3,961 posts, read 4,386,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Does anybody here know why lovecrowds hate Denver so much? I've never seen anyone rant and post fake news articles about a city and state the way I've seen lovecrowds post about Colorado.
Its not just Denver, although they like to job at its liberalness, but sometimes Colo Spgs and CO in general.

Old 10-28-2019, 10:26 AM

39,865 posts, read 26,492,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
Colorado is getting off cheap. We're in the process of building a light rail system in the Seattle region; projected cost is $54 billion. I think the projected completion date is something like 2035, although they have a track record of missing deadlines.
Yeah, how is there version of a "big dig" going? Wasn't it stopped for years because of one pipe in the ground?

Old 10-28-2019, 10:29 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,883,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I'm sure public transportation is much better in Fargo or Minot.

Have you moved yet?
Most people in those cities have something called a car.

Old 10-28-2019, 11:24 AM

33,322 posts, read 12,505,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I'd like to understand and/or agree with the OPs references here, but I'd like to shed just a flicker of light to the topic here based on my personal experience and/or observations. For one thing, I moved out of the Denver Metro area in about the tail end of 99' and continued to work up and down the Front Range of CoSprings to Loveland and Greeley until 2002. I don't think I've ever rode that lightrail, so I'm no expert here.

I agree the Denver Metro including Boulder have been tax dollar leeching liberal cesspools, but Denver isn't like your average mid-sized city STatistically.

If you follow stats, the city of Denver is smaller than San Antonio, Austin, Albuquerque, etc. This simply is not true. The Denver Metro greater MSA incorporates Aurora, five counties Adams, Denver, Jefferson, Douglas, Arapahoe, so... Keep this in mind.

Have you ever tried to drive around the Denver Metro? It's a nightmare. Compare the roadways to a rundown but superior eastern town like Rochester New York. There's no comparison.

It's my understanding the Light rail has expanded out to the DTC... Denver Tech Center, Olde Town Arvada? Maybe it's made a run all the way to the Airport? Or at least to Stapleton? What about Thornton-Westminster-Northglenn Area? What about the Littleton-Englewood area?

I don't know where all the lightrail goes, but I know it has a stop at the back end of my alma mater Auraria Campus on Colfax west of Speer, then off to the LoDo Denargo market area, then on towards Stapleton.

Denver Metro is a complicated mess. Any improvement seems necessary, or just bypass that bog, but keep in mind, Denver is VERY isolated from a Metropolitan standpoint. Who are the Enver BronDonkos' nearest neighbors? KC, Arizona Cardinals, the Seagulls, the VHS Cowboys... Think about that.

Oh, I forgot, the Minnesota Viqueens...

You got that right. The Denver Metro is very expensive and wages there are horrible, but not near as bad as the rest of Colorado.

Ask folks from the Black Forest North Colorado Springs and Monument area why they build McMansions there and commute to the Denver Metro DTC for work.

Spare me.

You're gonna upset a few people here, namely Nancy mushy-boned Pelosi, Chucklebuckets Schumer, Maxine Impeach-fotisix-Waters, Schiffy Schiff, Nadler, Fauxa-I-was-pregnantahontas, the Lamestream Blamestream Fakestream Mainstream media, academia, Hollywood, bobby deniro, the View... Hillary-not-my -fault, the "intelligence" gasp haha Community... JOE-He's Not My Son- Biden...

Old 10-28-2019, 11:49 AM

78,349 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Partisans like to take shots at anything possible that hits their liberal or conservative radar. Chicago, California, red states, blue states, Kansas, Colorado....blah blah blah.

I wouldn't see their posts if you guys didn't respond to them. lol.

Old 10-28-2019, 12:07 PM

72,997 posts, read 62,569,376 times
Quote:
This is another "let's hate on all places that are liberal".

Old 10-28-2019, 01:37 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,448,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
You really need to do some research before you post./ Otherwise you look like an idiot.

Too late; that ship sailed long ago. Now, his OPs are just predictable entertainment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies