Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2019, 05:41 PM

25,442 posts, read 9,802,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
I did not vote for him. However he is an honest guy, conservative who created a healthcare system in Mass..

Good family man and an honest family.

Unlike what is in the oval now.
I didn't vote for him either. But oh how I long for the days of a sane person in the White House.

Old 10-05-2019, 05:45 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,212,614 times
Romney pulled in 47% in 2012 against the most popular POTUS of this century.

Think about it. Trump is weak, corrupt and a coward.

As long as Romney only running against Trump a lot of money goes to Romney. Romney could beat Trump and put the GOP back into being honest.

Old 10-05-2019, 05:49 PM

Really funny, Trump the coward throwing Perry under the bus.

See Trump could be beaten.

Romney the guy

Old 10-05-2019, 05:54 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
Quote:
Biggest issue in GOP or either party is money. Romney would pull in more. A single candidate would be able to get more of the money (Koch) which would not go to Trump.

Trump changing the rules of the GOP, which only effects a large group running. Romney could pull it off.
It's a difficult thing for me since I don't really like Donald Trump. A big part of me would love it if you were right. The GOP is still trash, but I'd prefer to think that they can do better than Donald Trump.

But the numbers say your completely wrong. Controversy has been Trump's best fundraising tool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ljUXV9KUDk&t=467s

Trump has raised more money off of an impeachment effort we all know is doomed to fail than most Democratic candidates have raised all year. $15 million in less than a week is pretty insane and I think he actually wants to see the Dems go through with it. It all dies in the Senate anyways. Meanwhile, you've scared the crap out of everyone out there who sees all the efforts at removing Trump as a coup d'etat by traitors, etc. They're throwing money at Trump like crazy and will continue to do so until they cut the crap and drop the impeachment shtick.

According to the Washington Times, "The [Trump] campaign said Tuesday it has raised more than $308 million so far this year and has more than $156 million in the bank — more than twice as much as President Barack Obama had at the same point in 2011."

I don't really understand how that works. If you've raised $308 million, they how do you only have half of that in the bank?? But regardless, it's still plenty significant that Trump is doing so well at fundraising. Honestly, the biggest reason that so much of the GOP was so against Trump was because they believed he would ruin their fundraising mechanisms. Sure, fat cats like the Kochs are probably going to donate to the Dems in 2020. But Obama was one of the best funded candidates ever and Trump is on pace to pull in twice as much money as he did.

Old 10-05-2019, 05:54 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
If I'm completely honest, Romney never had a better chance than now.

Old 10-05-2019, 06:00 PM

If he has spent 152 million someone is skimming the books. My guess would be his tech guy who is in charge of the campaign.

Gets a % of each ad buy. Ripping off Trump. Trump to dumb to understand, never checked his own books.

Romney runs clean campaigns with proper staff not ripping him off.

Old 10-05-2019, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
If I'm completely honest, Romney never had a better chance than now.
If you start from the point of view that Donald Trump is a million times worse than Hitler, Stalin and Mao combined, then I expect that you'd have overwhelming optimism that Satan himself could easily primary Trump. You're not seeing things from a Republican and moderate perspective. I think the GOP collectively sees Romney as a big fat disappointment. Mitt would have to dig himself out of the stigma of being the guy who lost when he should have easily won. And like it or not, Trump has completely changed the Republican Party.

But the first thing you'd have to do is get the guy to actually run. I doubt he will.

Old 10-05-2019, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
If you start from the point of view that Donald Trump is a million times worse than Hitler, Stalin and Mao combined, then I expect that you'd have overwhelming optimism that Satan himself could easily primary Trump. You're not seeing things from a Republican and moderate perspective. I think the GOP collectively sees Romney as a big fat disappointment. Mitt would have to dig himself out of the stigma of being the guy who lost when he should have easily won. And like it or not, Trump has completely changed the Republican Party.

But the first thing you'd have to do is get the guy to actually run. I doubt he will.
Romney would be wise to just check it out. Trump will be weaker as time moves on.

Romney would have a bigger base then Trump in the general.

Old 10-05-2019, 06:07 PM

Quote:
If he has spent 152 million someone is skimming the books. My guess would be his tech guy who is in charge of the campaign.

Gets a % of each ad buy. Ripping off Trump. Trump to dumb to understand, never checked his own books.

Romney runs clean campaigns with proper staff not ripping him off.
If you're skimming money, you don't report the totals so any moron can just do the math. That's just stupid. The Dems who are desperately looking for a crime to impeach Trump for would be all over that! They'd be screaming it from the rooftops right now!

Maybe it includes money that is pledged but not paid or something like that? Pretty sure it's commonplace in political fundraising. I do wish I knew the particulars because it certainly sounds weird.

Old 10-05-2019, 06:11 PM

20,865 posts, read 9,532,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
As a moderate Democrat, I would vote for Romney. He is not a milquepost just because he doesn't holler and call people names like someone else we know. He is a decent man. We seem to have forgotten what decency and honesty are in this country. Yes, I would gladly vote for him and I think he would make a fine president.
This.

It's telling the Trump fans here do not like him. But not surprising.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies