Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2019, 09:08 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Whatever the case and cause, I feel badly for these people. Geez, I can't even decided between fried or scrambled this morning and they wake up with conflicts about their basic gender. I don't understand that, can't relate, but I am not going to join the right wing posters in ridiculing them.
^^^ What Ponderosa said. It's not my struggle but human beings are human beings.

Old 10-06-2019, 09:15 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
...but let's pass legislation and turn the country upside down for these folks.
Sick.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/201...nned-traitors/
"Want To Be Normal Again And to Return to Biological Sex,"

"The grass is always greener......"

Old 10-06-2019, 09:24 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Gonna be a lot of suicides once this fad passes..

Blood will be on your hands, libs.
Research, across decades and in multiple countries, has repeatedly shown that between 60% (one outlier) and 97% of those who expressed a strong, sincere desire to change their gender grew out of it by the end of puberty, with the bulk of the research putting it in the 85-89% percent. The truly concerning thing in England is that the bulk of those getting surgery in their late teens-young adulthood are females on the spectrum. They know they are unhappy being themselves, but I don’t think enough effort is put into truly combing out what exactly it is that is making them unhappy with themselves.

Old 10-06-2019, 09:38 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,041,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Can't we just live and let live?
Not if it results in self-destruction, self-mutilation, and impossible conclusions. Plus, I am not interested in my tax dollars or insurance premiums spent on surgeries and treatments that accomplish nothing and cater to whim-worship.

Old 10-06-2019, 09:40 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
So OP, you don't believe the whistleblower because he/she received information secondhand, but you believe this secondhand "information."(Actually thirdhand, if you consider it's coming from Breitbart.) How hypocritical. BTW, they aren't advocating any legislation change, this individual just expressed what these people supposedly said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
TBF - some mainstream news sources have been reporting the same story.

My main conerns are firstly did they have enough psychological support before making such a radical decision.

Secondly who is paying for all this nonsense at a time when Universal Healthcare budgets are already under pressure

Finally there going to have a lot of health problems if they have such invasive surgery and then try to have it undone. They could end up a mess, and then you have the use of hormones and testosterone.

So it's probably best that a better screening process is in place in relation to gender reassignment.

'Hundreds' of young trans people seeking help to return to original sex - Sky News

That's the exact same article copy/pasted on another website. So, it's still thirdhand information, and the exact same info from Breitbart. And my point remains, this woman isn't advocating our healthcare system pay for anything; only that these shadow hundreds of people regret transitioning. It sounds like most of you are not aware of the thorough physical and psychological screening that is involved with gender reassignment. I personally know several TG individuals and they have explained it to me. It is intense and involved. Changing their mind is exceedingly rare, although it does happen. As for insurance coverage and supposed "universal healthcare budgets," we don't have universal healthcare, so that's irrelevant anyway.

Old 10-06-2019, 09:45 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Gonna be a lot of suicides once this fad passes..

Blood will be on your hands, libs.
WTH do libs have to do with any of this?

I feel sorry for those who went to practitioners who allowed/prescribed drugs and procedures for people without giving them adequate time, vetting, and counseling. The more permanent the treatment, the more stringent should be the criteria. Doctors should be liable if they don't follow accepted protocols.

However, once those protocols are met, adults are responsible for the treatment they seek and accept. Most hormonal treatment is reversible...surgery less so, but far fewer get to the surgical part without really considering the consequences. The same thing can be said of "cosmetic" surgery...surgeons have the responsibility to consider the motivations of the patient and if they have doubts can refuse to do the procedure.

Old 10-06-2019, 09:47 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post

I feel sorry for those who went to practitioners who allowed/prescribed drugs and procedures for people without giving them adequate time, vetting, and counseling. The more permanent the treatment, the more stringent should be the criteria. Doctors should be liable if they don't follow accepted protocols.

However, once those protocols are met, adults are responsible for the treatment they seek and accept. Most hormonal treatment is reversible...surgery less so, but far fewer get to the surgical part without really considering the consequences. The same thing can be said of "cosmetic" surgery...surgeons have the responsibility to consider the motivations of the patient and if they have doubts can refuse to do the procedure.
Exactly. I agree 100%.

Old 10-06-2019, 09:52 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
I wonder if I can have my whole system replaced with a 19 year old one?

Then again, there are a lot of down sides to that. Maybe just a 40 year old one would suffice?

Old 10-06-2019, 09:59 AM

4,508 posts, read 1,863,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post

Libs have everything to do with this.

They openly recruit the mentally weak to the militant lgtbq machine. People desperate to belong to something, feeling better about themselves by joining the mob...

Then a few years later they realize it was all a mistake, and their body is disfigured for the rest of their lives.

Old 10-06-2019, 10:04 AM
nng

695 posts, read 289,391 times
I am a liberal on social issues, I support LGBT rights but I think the transsexuals have gone too far, and to me it's bizarre. The transsexuals want to compete against women in sports and they want to use the women's bathroom. That's a no no for me. I was on lipstick alley and on that website they are saying trans rights movement is about male supremacy and about erasing safe spaces for women. I treat transsexuals with respect, but I would not feel comfortable using a bathroom with a transsexual because they are still biologically male at the end of the day, with male hormones/ testosterone in their bodies, trans shouldnt use the same bathrooms as real bonfide biological women. It took years for women to even get the right to have separate bathrooms for women. This is a safety issue for women really.maybe this is bad karma for me judging, but I think that males who have gender reassignment surgery to be 'female' are just going too far in my opinion. Those who have gender reassignment surgery to be female are basically desecrating and butchering the perfectly normal body parts god gave them. I like regular trans like Bruce Jenner who isn't as extreme. Bruce Jenner just wants to not be looked at as a freak and he mostly minds his own business. I like those types of transexuals, not the really extreme ones, however.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies