Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2019, 08:11 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,397,565 times

Advertisements

I'd guess there hasn't been any point in the past 20 years that roughly half the country didn't want the president removed from office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2019, 08:16 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,572,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Yeah, because POLLS are always right.
They are when you say they are though, right?

Old 10-08-2019, 08:21 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,190,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Thread title is a direct quote:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/just-in-...l-from-office/

Another shift in momentum. Republican support for impeachment now at 18%.
Once this inquiry is complete and it is put to a vote, I imagine the House will impeach BUT the Senate will probably not remove with the corrupt Republicans in the majority. The 18% isn't high enough. Time will tell...

Old 10-08-2019, 08:38 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,470,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Once this inquiry is complete and it is put to a vote, I imagine the House will impeach BUT the Senate will probably not remove with the corrupt Republicans in the majority. The 18% isn't high enough. Time will tell...
The Republicans in the Senate told Nixon that they could not support him in a trial, and he resigned. Trump is worse than Nixon.

But the Republicans in the 1960's and 1970's had moral backbone, they believed in the importance of virtue, they believed in our republic. This generation of Republicans doesn't have that quality, the light has gone out.

Old 10-08-2019, 08:40 AM

17,679 posts, read 6,940,386 times
Great, when are the Demotraitors voting to open impeachment proceedings?

Old 10-08-2019, 08:46 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,692,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j7r6s View Post
I'd guess there hasn't been any point in the past 20 years that roughly half the country didn't want the president removed from office.
Sure - the answer - other then current events...is ZERO.

It may be that 1/2 the country didn't "approve of the job the POTUS was doing".....but that is somewhat normal.

Here is the data you might be looking for although it goes back further
https://www.axios.com/trump-impeachm...fd9c5ce9e.html

Trump is actually now DOUBLE (58%) support for impeachment inquiry than Clinton and 20 points higher then Nixon.

I think it is important that we understand this in a historical context.

Old 10-08-2019, 09:31 AM

20,127 posts, read 16,179,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Sure - the answer - other then current events...is ZERO.

It may be that 1/2 the country didn't "approve of the job the POTUS was doing".....but that is somewhat normal.

Here is the data you might be looking for although it goes back further
https://www.axios.com/trump-impeachm...fd9c5ce9e.html

Trump is actually now DOUBLE (58%) support for impeachment inquiry than Clinton and 20 points higher then Nixon.

I think it is important that we understand this in a historical context.
Having lived through both of those times, at an age when I remembered the events well, the news of the events precipitating the impeachment prior to the actual event was basically non-existent in Nixon’s case and limited to 1 1/2 hours per day on the news and SOME newspapers in Clinton’s case. It took longer for the ordinary citizen to realize what was going on. Additionally, in neither case had there been repeated calls, or even whispers, for impeachment prior the criminal event the president was eventually charged with. Also, with Nixon just the murmur of possible impeachment itself upset people because it had only occurred once in our history and it was balked at by people on both sides of the aisle with Clinton because most felt impeachment itself should be reserved. In both cases many were upset because they were afraid once that barn door was opened that in future it might be weaponized by political parties to negate elections.

For the record, I did NOT support the impeachment of Clinton and I still think it was one of Congress’ dark moments. My House Representative, who had easily won his previous elections, lost in the next general election over it and I was one of the people who voted against him in both the primary and general elections, strictly based on his actions leading up to Clinton’s impeachment. I was scandalized he agreed to put our nation through such turmoil. I had no idea at the time that it was small potatoes and in my lifetime I would see used in such a blatant political maneuvering as we are seeing now.

This is worse.

Old 10-08-2019, 11:43 AM

25,461 posts, read 9,828,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Great, when are the Demotraitors voting to open impeachment proceedings?
They're doing an inquiry right now. Please try to keep up.

Old 10-08-2019, 01:04 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,882,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
They're doing an inquiry right now. Please try to keep up.
Trump supporters are trying to pretend the Constitution lays out a firm process to impeachment. Actually all it does is give the Speaker of the House the power to bring impeachment proceedings (which is exactly what she has done), with no guidance on exactly how she must proceed.

But that is assuming any Trump supporters know or understand--or care about, for that matter--what the Constitution does and does not say. Which is a pretty silly assumption, I admit. Apparently, it says only what they WANT it to say, and no more or less, damnit! (We need an emoji of an errant child stamping his little foot in indignation to go along with that last statement.)

Old 10-08-2019, 01:19 PM

46,978 posts, read 26,033,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Left leaning news outlet asks 1000 of it's readers if they want Trump impeachment inquiry, half say yes. An INQUIRY.

What does that tell you.
Let the record show that the bearer of bad news was duly attacked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies