Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2019, 05:15 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,725,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Yet without it they lack the legitimacy to compel cooperation....which is why that kind of vote has literally always happened when it comes to authorizing official impeachment inquires of the president.
Come on. Trump is not going to cooperate no matter what. If you think a vote would cause him to turn over his incriminating documents, I have a bridge to sell you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2019, 05:17 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
Come on. Trump is not going to cooperate no matter what. If you think a vote would cause him to turn over his incriminating documents, I have a bridge to sell you.
Yeah, he won't.

Also, a guilty person ALWAYS tries to make it about the PROCESS instead of the guilty party's underlying actions.

The whole time we are discussing the process, we are not discussion Trump's illegal invitation for a foreign government to interfere in our 2020 election.

Old 10-08-2019, 05:19 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,556,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
A vote would force him to cooperate, if he didn't then democrats would legitimately have their first impeachable offense.

Old 10-08-2019, 05:21 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
A vote would force him to cooperate, if he didn't then democrats would legitimately have their first impeachable offense.
This crook is not going to cooperate no matter what. The Dems already have a number of impeachable offenses.

But, overall, I'm all for voting and THEN see what excuses Trump comes up with to continue covering up his illegal actions.

Old 10-08-2019, 05:23 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
the democrats have no hard evidence is why they don't call for a vote to impeach trump.

I'm not even reading about this Ukraine ****. I'm so done with the democrat Chicken Littles in congress and the press. they burned me out with Russia ****.

Old 10-08-2019, 05:28 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Because if they voted on it, they would have to make it a more fair and open process and there's no way Pelosi wants that. Without a vote she can continue the unofficial official inquiry that she can have complete control over.

not only that but there are 31 districts that are held by democrats that trump won in 2016, and if the democrats have to vote to open an impeachment inquiry, all those seats will be up for grabs in 2020, and most of them will be lost.

remember that the republicans only need 19 seats to regain the majority in the house.

Old 10-08-2019, 05:34 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Yeah, I'm wondering this, too.

I'm sure the dems are confident enough they have enough votes...
Pelosi isn't sure she had enough votes to start an 'impeachment' inquiry' if the D's had to go on the record with a recorded vote.

Old 10-08-2019, 05:38 PM

25,441 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Why aren't they voting on this?
Because they don't have to. Besides, even if they did, Trump still wouldn't cooperate. They'll get what they need. They are within their constitutional right to do exactly what they're doing, despite Trump's temper tantrums that they are acting unconstitutionally. He knows better.

Old 10-08-2019, 05:40 PM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Because there’s nothing there. And I suppose if passed, it would give Republicans subpoena power, too; something Democrats might not want.
Plus Dems in swing districts who vote with Squad clowns would need new jobs.

Old 10-08-2019, 05:40 PM

25,441 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
the democrats have no hard evidence is why they don't call for a vote to impeach trump.

I'm not even reading about this Ukraine ****. I'm so done with the democrat Chicken Littles in congress and the press. they burned me out with Russia ****.
Yeah, that's it. Not enough evidence. LOL. That's why Trump is soiling his pants every day trying to deflect, deny, lambast, denounce, decry . . . Pelosi and Schiff are onto him. Hopefully, they'll just stay the course. They have the Constitution behind them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies