Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2019, 07:03 PM

10,434 posts, read 6,954,235 times

Advertisements

She should have went down to Cuba because they cured cancer. Or at least that what the Democrats told us when trying to sell Socialized healthcare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2019, 07:12 PM

35,680 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
She should have went down to Cuba because they cured cancer. Or at least that what the Democrats told us when trying to sell Socialized healthcare.
There are some types of cancers that they found a cure for - but there’s a Dr in Tx also found some cures - it’s complex issue but it’s sad and she passed. So what’s with the sarcasm ? Ugh

Old 10-08-2019, 07:16 PM

3,212 posts, read 1,651,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
I’d like to see a link to that.

Old 10-08-2019, 07:21 PM

35,680 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
I’d like to see a link to that.
https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/1019093001

https://www.healthincuba.com/en/oncology.html

Last edited by Oldhag1; 10-09-2019 at 10:31 AM.. Reason: Fixed formatting

Old 10-09-2019, 09:26 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ncer-diagnosis

Of cancer.

I don't like when celebrities or politicians (one in the same) share their sob stories in public and spill their guts out for votes. I don't know how close Bernie was to his daughter-in-law but it must have hit his wife's family pretty hard.

Either way after having a heart attack its cheap politics to use this as a sympathy vote and I hope he doesn't do that. Bernie has had the quality of not playing the same political circus America worships as 'democracy; but hopeful Bernie breaks off from Market politics and keeps his mourning to himself.
What is your problem? She died, why would that fact even be considered political? Seriously, you people need to get a grip.

Old 10-09-2019, 09:31 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times
It's been a horrible past few weeks for Sanders and his family. I have sympathy for them. I hope they heal.She was younger than I am which is a sobering thought.

Old 10-09-2019, 09:31 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
No, I'm not angry.

Bernie hasn't done anything yet.
I just hope he doesn't campaign off of this for his political image like Biden did with his son pouring his guts out on Colbert.

I know Americans love it when celebrities and politicians spill the beans on their inside story but its just done as a marketing tactic to get Americans to ignore powerful institutions controlling their lives and tax dollars.

I hope Bernie keeps the mourning to himself and his family/doesn't make it public.

Well, he did win election to office by the people, something not all of today's politicians can claim.

Old 10-09-2019, 09:32 AM

2,029 posts, read 2,358,288 times
Quote:
No, I'm not angry.

Bernie hasn't done anything yet. I just hope he doesn't campaign off of this for his political image like Biden did with his son pouring his guts out on Colbert.

I know Americans love it when celebrities and politicians spill the beans on their inside story but its just done as a marketing tactic to get Americans to ignore powerful institutions controlling their lives and tax dollars.

I hope Bernie keeps the mourning to himself and his family/doesn't make it public.
Cold hearted Orb. I bet you would feel differently if Ivanka has passed and Trump outwardly mourned. You have no business dictating anyone's mourning. Now back into your black hole.

Old 10-09-2019, 09:46 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,425,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justabystander View Post
Cold hearted Orb. I bet you would feel differently if Ivanka has passed and Trump outwardly mourned. You have no business dictating anyone's mourning. Now back into your black hole.
I'm on of the kindest people you will meet, and I'm no Trump supporter.

In fact if you read my posts you'd know the only democrat I'm seriously considering voting for is Bernie.

That being said mourning should not be deliberate. Its easy to create real emotions in a disingenuous way. Going out in public and deliberately putting yourself in a situation that makes you spill your guts out for the public is done for public sympathy.

That sort of social capital is used by politicians and celebrities to gain power and influence, usually in exchange for money.

Normal people do not go out in public and broadcast their suffering to a bunch of strangers. Now it could happen accidentally, but never deliberately.

The deliberate usage of personal lost is a marketing tactic made to sell politicians to the voting population. This form of 'democracy' is mainly a tool to get people to ignore institutions of power that control their lives.

Now Ivanka would be a different case. She is a young attractive public figure. Not only would it be surprising if she is lost to a medical condition given her healthy lifestyle and youth, she is also active figure in the public service and speaking openly about her would be expected.

Now I wouldn't want Trump falsely producing emotions at a deliberate time for sympathy, but she is a figure in his administration so talking openly about her would be fine.

Daughters, cousins, and distant relatives to politicians who are private figures should not be displayed for the media circus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies