Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2019, 11:52 AM

6,061 posts, read 2,011,762 times

Advertisements

Good for Dicks!

There is still a Dicks not too far from me in Renton, WA. I will go there to shop whenever I need sporting goods.

Now I wish they would destroy their Nike goods too. Nike stands in support of forced organ harvesting and other insidious practices by the tyrannical government of China.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2019, 12:21 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
They will virtue-signal. You know the upper brass of Dick's has protection.

The day they made their announcement was the day I stopped going there. I thought libs and virtue-signalers were all for diversity, inclusiveness, and safety for all.
Liberals are for diversity, inclusiveness, and safety for all. You admitted that you chose to stop going there because you can't handle the diversity of choosing not to sell assault style weapons.

Old 10-12-2019, 03:18 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Machine shop sold separately? Come on, man.
Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Now at this point we can start defining what exactly a "machine shop" is. I never said you needed a "machine shop".

Quote:
You can fabricate a chrome-lined rifle barrel from scratch in 8 hours in your garage without machine tools? You're the greatest metalworker that ever lived.

Unless you use "make from scratch" to mean "assemble from pre-made parts".
Nope. No pre-made parts. See response above. Though obviously pre-made parts would make it as easy as pie.

I saw it done, firsthand, with an oven and "machine tools". I wouldn't have qualified his garage as a machine shop...commercial or otherwise. He made nothing in particular on those machines. He didn't sell anything out of there. A garage with a lawnmower, trimmer, blower, and gas can doesn't necessarily make that garage a "landscaping operation". If you want to call it a machine shop though...go right ahead. The label itself doesn't lend some magical ability to what was done there.

Oh, and I never said one lone man was doing it. There were several folks there.

Start to finish, an oven with machine tools (again, I wouldn't qualify it as a true "machine shop"), and it was done in just under 8 hours.

This was 10 years ago or so.

Are you going to now claim smelting iron ore isn't "scratch enough"?

Old 10-12-2019, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
I’ll play.

Bend a flat into a receiver, and install a parts kit? Yep. Make one from scratch, without machine tools, in eight hours? No way.
I never said "machine tools". I said no "machine shop".

A man, several friends, an oven, machine tools...8 hours and voila. AK-47. Witnessed it firsthand.

Deal with it.

Old 10-12-2019, 03:22 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
I sold this car a drunk used to kill a family. Shut down the dealership and ban cars. Alcohol too. We have to save everybody from everything. We want a life of no risk whatsoever

Old 10-12-2019, 03:37 PM

10,755 posts, read 5,676,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Now at this point we can start defining what exactly a "machine shop" is. I never said you needed a "machine shop".

Nope. No pre-made parts. See response above. Though obviously pre-made parts would make it as easy as pie.

I saw it done, firsthand, with an oven and "machine tools". I wouldn't have qualified his garage as a machine shop...commercial or otherwise. He made nothing in particular on those machines. He didn't sell anything out of there. A garage with a lawnmower, trimmer, blower, and gas can doesn't necessarily make that garage a "landscaping operation". If you want to call it a machine shop though...go right ahead. The label itself doesn't lend some magical ability to what was done there.

Start to finish, an oven with machine tools (again, I wouldn't qualify it as a true "machine shop"), and it was done in just under 8 hours.

Are you this weaselly in everything?

Old 10-12-2019, 03:38 PM

10,755 posts, read 5,676,526 times
Quote:
I never said "machine tools". I said no "machine shop".

A man, several friends, an oven, machine tools...8 hours and voila. AK-47. Witnessed it firsthand.

Deal with it.
This is incredibly different from your original post. You're either trolling, or you just decided to completely change the story.

Old 10-12-2019, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
This is incredibly different from your original post. You're either trolling, or you just decided to completely change the story.
How is different?

Please explain.

I don't consider a man with an oven and machines in a personal garage to be a commercial or otherwise "machine shop".

If you want to consider it one, go right ahead though.

A man, several friends, an oven, machines typically found in a commercial machine shop...AK-47 in eight hours.

Saw it done.

Old 10-12-2019, 04:01 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Personal anecdote? I'm going to claim you're no better at bending the truth than at bending metal. Fabricated a chrome-lined barrel in less than 8 hours, in a garage? Milled the chamber? Milled the bolt? No one believes that.

I very strongly suspect TaxPhd called it. I might even go so far as if to suspect you saw the youtube video named "How to build an AK47 from scratch", belatedly realized that it depicts exactly the act of bending a receiver, and are now left high and dry.

Old 10-12-2019, 04:06 PM

Quote:
I'm going to claim you're no better at bending the truth than at bending metal. Fabricated a chrome-lined barrel in less than 8 hours, in a garage? No one believes that.
Excuse me?

Chrome-lined?

Factory-quality?

Tsk tsk tsk.

We are going in over our heads again.

Care to ask questions to receive answers or are we going to play the assumption game?

Also, I didn't take part. I observed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies