Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2019, 02:38 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Damn all of you who are so willing to put America lives on the line from the comfort of your couches, not having to share in the sacrifice of those who will fight and die in these endless wars. As an active duty service member, I have agreed to fight and give my life for the safety and security of our country. I'm glad we have a president who finally agrees with that. As others have written, the fight between the Kurds and Turks isnt worth a single American life.
Oh spare us the histrionics! Would you rather have your hero send your tail to Saudi Arabia like a few thousand of your brothers and sisters in arms? Why? Trump explained when asked. Trump said because Saudi Arabia is paying for it "and more". You're nothing but a mercenary to Trump. Our soliders' blood and sacrifice are his to make a buck off. Backing an ally is not a profit center but selling our army to the people who backed the 9/11 bombers is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2019, 02:40 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Here's Pence's statement...

Can you give me the gist? I can't watch or listen to him for 13 minutes.

Old 10-16-2019, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Damn all of you who are so willing to put America lives on the line from the comfort of your couches, not having to share in the sacrifice of those who will fight and die in these endless wars. As an active duty service member, I have agreed to fight and give my life for the safety and security of our country. I'm glad we have a president who finally agrees with that. As others have written, the fight between the Kurds and Turks isnt worth a single American life.
Why did he wait so long? I'm not a warmonger and hate all of these wars. I'm always suspicious with him because he does nothing that it doesn't benefit him. There is always somebody pulling his puppet strings.

Old 10-16-2019, 02:45 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Can you give me the gist? I can't watch or listen to him for 13 minutes.
Hooray for Lazy Lemmings. How about actually educating yourself and listing to what he said instead of waiting for someone else to tell you what to think?

Old 10-16-2019, 02:47 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times
The war and its preparations for the war started under Bush and continued under Obama and Trump. That ambassador posted by Obama traveled the country providing encrypted satellite phones to political and militant opposition groups in his so-called outreach.

Quote:
The U.S. money for Syrian opposition figures began flowing under President George W. Bush after he effectively froze political ties with Damascus in 2005. The financial backing has continued under President Obama, even as his administration sought to rebuild relations with Assad. In January, the White House posted an ambassador to Damascus for the first time in six years.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...hwD_story.html

Old 10-16-2019, 02:47 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,341,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Pelosi and Schumer just emerged from a meeting with Trump. Appears Trump was in melt down mode. Keep tuned.
The House voted 354-60 to condemn Trump's withdrawal of US forces from northern Syria; 129 Republicans support the resolution. That's nearly two-thirds of the House GOP caucus. Sounds like Trump got this news at the time of a WH meeting on Syria attended by Schemer and Pelosi. He lost it calling Pelosi a "third rate politician" ... said "there are communists now involved." And that "You guys might like that."
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...achment-latest

Old 10-16-2019, 02:48 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Is the EU arm broken? Is that why they are not telling their fellow members EU country to stop? Who annointed the US to do it other than the TDS crowd? What is the UN for if it doesn't handle its own business? The US isn't owned by the TDS nuts and they don't get to dictate what US policy is... The arrogance...

Old 10-16-2019, 02:49 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,193,482 times
Dems want Donald to enter us into another middle east war, so they can then claim they were against it and use it during the campaign. Just like they want a recession for political purposes. It worked well for them in 2008.

Old 10-16-2019, 02:51 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,193,482 times
I love seeing this debate front and center in US politics, because the majority of Americans agree that our involvement over there should be scaled back and they have a 20 year record of proof why.

Old 10-16-2019, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Dems want Donald to enter us into another middle east war, so they can then claim they were against it and use it during the campaign. Just like they want a recession for political purposes. It worked well for them in 2008.
Where do you get your claim? I don't know of anyone who wants another war. Or is this just a throwback line when you don't know what else to say?

The economy was about to implode in 2008. You think the Dems planned that? LOL. BTW, I think Obama should have just let it alone and let the chips fall where they may. Instead we've put off the inevitable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies