Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2019, 08:21 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times

Advertisements

Funny watching people turn into warhawks on this one.

I frankly do not care.

I want the US completely out of that region, not our monkey, not our circus.

With that said, let the other members of NATO complain if that is their druthers.

I mean heck, the previous administration let Russia annex the crimea with nothing more than a *stern letter of protest* so it's absolutely pathetic to witness the partisanship in this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2019, 08:23 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Hmm.....I don't remember Europe being the Prime Motivator for the War in Iraq and the general War on Terror that ended up causing much of this.......I must have missed something.

The sign in a store says "you broke it, you buy it".
Actually. Europe is the root cause of much of the problems in the Middle East. European colonialism is what has caused so many problems in that region. Europe doesn't get the free pass on this one.

Old 10-09-2019, 08:25 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,808,426 times
Quote:
Hmm.....I don't remember Europe being the Prime Motivator for the War in Iraq and the general War on Terror that ended up causing much of this.......I must have missed something.

The sign in a store says "you broke it, you buy it".
His comment was about WWII, not Iraq or the war on terror. Europe can step up and take over or let it rot. Ditto to what boneyard said.

Old 10-09-2019, 08:27 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,808,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Funny watching people turn into warhawks on this one.

I frankly do not care.

I want the US completely out of that region, not our monkey, not our circus.

With that said, let the other members of NATO complain if that is their druthers.

I mean heck, the previous administration let Russia annex the crimea with nothing more than a *stern letter of protest* so it's absolutely pathetic to witness the partisanship in this thread.
^ So much this.

Old 10-09-2019, 08:33 PM

2,264 posts, read 972,175 times
Quote:
Didn't we start this country with bullets? I'm sitting here right next to the Springfield Arsenal and near Lead Mine Rd where the lead for the Revolution was mined.

Were all the exhibits lying to me?
That's how it works. Only the people living there can build themselves a country. The outsiders either have the choice to raze everything and kill anything that moves or go home. Fortunately the outsiders saw the light and sailed home.

Old 10-09-2019, 08:48 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
Well its not like the Kurds actually get along. They fight amongst themselves plenty. At the end of the day you have to ask....whats in it for the US? Oil? nope, Syria doesn't have much and we have plenty. Democracy? we gave up on that a long time ago in the region. Stability? Not gonna happen there.

My guess is Trump is playing the long game with Turkey. Erogon survived a failed coup a few years ago, the currency is worthless, this will be an up-popular war for the Turk people and Erogon will fail and we will support a new leader and have a stronger buffer vs Russia.
Uh, yea, that's it.

The ONE people who fought alongside us, who trusted us, and who we could trust, who treat women as equals, and these women fire rifles and kill ISIS, the one people who guard ISIS prisoners in detention camps, who will now go free as these Kurds flee for their lives, and the one people who lost 11,000 LIVES in their fight against ISIS have been abandoned, thrown under the bus to die to a numerically superior enemy with advanced weapons.

And who in their right mind would trust the U.S. as an ally after this? Why would anyone? We can't be trusted with an amoral sociopath in the White House, and our standing in the world is less than zero.

Old 10-09-2019, 08:57 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,495,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I really wish people would at least use a comparable event if they want to make a point.

Are the Turks set on world domination? Have they built Death camps to kill and then cremate the bodies? Are the Turks threatening the USA in any way? Did Syria invite the USA to invade them?

No to all the above. Then why the Hell did we involve ourselves in the first place and why are we still there? Syria doesn't want us there. Syria's allies dont want us there. ISIS became a real problem because we went there.

How many of these people crying that we need to stay have sons or daughters serving in the region? I don't but I have served in the region. We don't understand them and they dont understand us nor want us there.

It isn't our fight and certainly not worth risking escalating the war.
In WW2 our "only fight" would have been with Japan not Germany.

I served to. And I see no honor nor good of betraying our allies. Allies I am sure saved american lives on occassion. Their lives are of value too.

Old 10-09-2019, 09:00 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
We pulled out of Crimea and left our allies there to be killed by the invaders? I must have missed that part. It does not compare in any way, shape of form.

Crimea compares to Russian actions in Georgia in 2006, and there wasn't a heck of a lot US could do then either.

Old 10-09-2019, 09:16 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,115,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
We pulled out of Crimea and left our allies there to be killed by the invaders? I must have missed that part. It does not compare in any way, shape of form.

Crimea compares to Russian actions in Georgia in 2006, and there wasn't a heck of a lot US could do then either.
Russia is a different beast all together. Nobody would win in a war between us and them. Humanity would lose.

Old 10-09-2019, 09:30 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Shameful and so wrong.

https://twitter.com/JoaquinCastrotx/...66671466504192
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies