Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2019, 07:49 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Its simple. You never abandon your allies. Quite frankly what Trump did was treasonous in nature. He abandoned long standing allies. No one in the military would ever agree with this. So when Trump wants to act like he is pro-military well BS.
Even my crayon eating friends are appalled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2019, 07:50 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Its simple. You never abandon your allies. Quite frankly what Trump did was treasonous in nature. He abandoned long standing allies. No one in the military would ever agree with this. So when Trump wants to act like he is pro-military well BS.
Turkey has been our ally for over 60 years. No one in the military agreed with dropping pamphlets warning of impending air strikes but the left supported Obama's policy. The Military didn't agree with Obama's very selective targeting of bad guys that the Military felt needed to be hit. Since when does the left give a damn what the Military agrees with?

9,742 posts, read 4,495,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Honor? The left had no problem with abandoning our own in Benghazi.

Honor? We have no business in Syria. We invaded them.

Honor? Why are we putting our troops in harms way in a conflict that was and is none of our business?
We made commitments. The Kurds were fighting ISIS. You deny that? That would be silly. We just screwed the people that did the heavy lifting. Comment on that!

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
The Kurds live in the region, we are 7,000 miles away. We worked together to fight ISIS, for that I’m thankful and they should be too. But we cannot fight every enemy the Kurds have, it’s beyond time that the people who actually live there decide to fight or find a solution on their own.
Even if I buy that nonsense, you don’t do it with zero notice while providing targeting data to their enemy.

Old 10-10-2019, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Even my crayon eating friends are appalled.
Likely only because their hatred of Trump out weighs reason. We have no business in Syria, not our fight, but we certainly made it worse by invading. I was appalled that we invaded yet another country that had done nothing to us to result in such actions.

Old 10-10-2019, 07:52 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
I would not have. Betraying your allies like this is unacceptable. It’s weird how so many folks would be willing to throw their honor away for political team waving.
No its not weird to want stay out of another forever war.

Its comical that war mongering nutcases see themselves as the voice of reason. Delusional even.

Old 10-10-2019, 07:54 PM

2,923 posts, read 978,068 times
Quote:
Lol. I’m probably older then you. The answer is you negotiate out a solution among these folks. Like a adult. Betraying your allies is morallt wrong, and means that NO ONE Can trust us anymore to not stab them in the back on the battlefield. Which means in the future we will have less allies, and probably more death and wars.

You don’t think the Kurds won’t look for some payback?
Yet the number one complaint from foreigners is that we meddle in everyone else's affairs. Stop being a hypocrite. You cant complain about wars and them cry for the poor Kurds. Someone had to be the adult and make a hard decision. It sure wasnt Bush or obama.

Old 10-10-2019, 07:54 PM

Quote:
We made commitments. The Kurds were fighting ISIS. You deny that? That would be silly. We just screwed the people that did the heavy lifting. Comment on that!
Nope they are fighting ISIS because they hate ISIS more than they do us. We are Turkey's ally for over 6 decades. Do you deny that?

This wasn't our fight and it had nothing to do with us. I like the Kurds more than the Turks. As I said before, if it were up to me I would put the King Of Jordan in charge of the entire region.

Commitments? Do we have signed treaties with the Kurds, because we do with the Turks.

Old 10-10-2019, 07:55 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,495,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Its obvious; you'd be willing to get american servicemen killed and maimed just to habe a contrarian policy.
ZERO cred.
You sign up in the military to defend the constitution and the values of america, Something you are unwilling to to do do to your ridiculous liberterian views.

I know I have put me beliefs to the test by by sacrifice.

Old 10-10-2019, 07:56 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,798,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
the Kurds only needed some more time to consolidate their territory in Syria, and then could have defended it themselves. All they would have needed then is our material support in communications, some weaponry and other goods.
Wrong....the Turks have vastly superior military power, including tanks and aircraft. The Kurds do not. They have no chance against the Turks, period....

Having said that, we still cannot keep troops in every hot spot in the world. We can no longer be the world's police, we can no longer solve every conflict. And yes...people will die if we don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies