Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2019, 10:16 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
U.S military was humiliated by having to sit there and be "bracketed" by Turkish fire.

Now they've had to abandon a base, leaving all their gear behind.

While the U.S. behaves like cowards and fools, Putin makes off with our military equipment, our Kurdish allies, and Syria's warm water ports.
Trump jeopardizing our national security, once again.

This ALL benefits Russia. Gee, I wonder if it's just a big coincidence?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2019, 10:17 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
First the treasonous, Republican war criminals lie us into disastrous Middle East wars that destabilize the entire region and unleash the jihadi sociopaths on the entire world then Obama stabilizes the disaster caused by the Republicans and now the latest treasonous, lying Republican sociopathic, malignant narcissist in his "unmatched wisdom" destabilizes the region again, destroys years of progress against ISIS, creating a humanitarian crisis, betrays allies and makes a bad situation worse. Truly despicable monsters. Now the Russians are taking over US bases in Syria.

https://is.gd/cLkhZO
uhm ISIS was formed in 1998 while Clinton was in office

ALQ attacked us

Obozo destabilized the Mideast with his "Arabic spring"

Obozo supported ISIS (the Syrian rebels) against Dr. Assad

liberals take the word of turkey, when a "journalist" is killed

sorry but liberals have a vast history of treason

Old 10-16-2019, 10:19 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Reflecting on this I’ve previously mentioned Trump’s impulse decision making. But on reflection is it actually impulse? So much of his handling of matters in Europe and the Middle East seem tailored to strengthen Russian interests.

Normally I stay away from conspiracy theories but you can almost imagine some kind of threat by Putin to release dirt on the President unless some action beneficial to Russia is taken. Call it blackmail. And of course there is almost no record whatsoever of Trump’s conversations with Putin even to the point of seizing translater’s notes.
It just impossible to believe that this was an impulsive mishap. Too many lives at stake.

Old 10-16-2019, 10:40 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,016,499 times
Guess no one wants to read a good explanation of what and why...……..

Old 10-16-2019, 10:51 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,727,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
So your ok with the resurgence of ISIS and the possibility of another atrocity like 911 inflicted inflicted on this country?
If we pulled out of everywhere and concentrated on closing our boarder there would not be another 911. Have you ever been to the middle east? I have and my son has twice....That old "fight them there or we'll fight them here" BS went out with Vietnam!!!!

Old 10-16-2019, 10:52 AM

8,502 posts, read 3,341,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
I would like to invite anyone interested enough to read this "thread" It contains one of the most intelligent and I believe, correct assessment of what is going on and why.

https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...northern-syria
Thanks for the cite. I've read through it relatively rapidly, paying closest attention to the status of ISIS, American forces, and how / when this might end with Turkey once again back across the border. My general observation is that major events and political analysis closely correspond to NYT reporting and commentary. I'll comment in another post.

About the political, there appears to be general consensus Obama Administration goals were regime change but U.S. direct involvement (troops, other than air support, tactical, intelligence etc.) not an option. Obama-era policy shifted during the course of the Civil War as ISIS became more of a threat. The Trump Administration dropped the call for Assad to go. That appears sound policy - if the goal is stability Assad had clearly survived with the opposition movement now radicalized. Neither administration (to my knowledge) promised the Kurds a state; both continued to use the Kurdish enclave to benefit various geopolitical aims and to combat ISIS with policy fluctuation certainly during the last 12 months. For example, the U.S. (per the NYT reporting the other day) recently torpedoed a joint Kurdish-Syrian government negotiation for reunification. Kurdish internal politics is itself a factor with it also complicated with some factions allied with Barzani Kurds who are supported by Turkey.

It appears clear to most observers that at some point the Kurds would have had to reunite with Assad. Apparently, the Syrian regime continued to pay Kurdish civil government salaries! That Syria be put back together to the extent possible with return of at least a substantial portion of the Syrian refugees should be the goal. The question is timing and how with IMHO this cluster-f *ck NOT the desired process.

Last edited by EveryLady; 10-16-2019 at 11:07 AM..

Old 10-16-2019, 10:53 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Trump's capitulation in Syria is just another act that underscores what is now obvious: since WWII, the United States has been a nation of cowards and fair weather friends that can be defeated simply by waiting them out.

Old 10-16-2019, 10:54 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump's capitulation in Syria is just another act that underscores what is now obvious: since WWII, the United States has been a nation of cowards and fair weather friends that can be defeated simply by waiting them out.
It's good to see war mongering on Team Blue be so openly embraced.

The party of peace strikes again!

Old 10-16-2019, 10:58 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Why are DEMOCRATS now so anxious to stay engaged in Middle Eastern Civil Wars?

What happened to:

No more blood for OIL!

No more Nation Building!

America is a COLONIAL POWER!

What changed? Oh yeah, TRUMP BEAT HILLARY and you're still not over it. Well get used to it. He's going to be around for five more years.

Old 10-16-2019, 11:00 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
It's good to see war mongering on Team Blue be so openly embraced.

The party of peace strikes again!
You are misreading my meaning (and party). The United States has shown itself to be a country that does not keeps its word or its commitments. We use our economic strength to fight with ineffective sanctions but won't go further than that. We are a paper tiger. We look like cowards, so maybe we are. But one thing for sure, we do not have "empire" in our DNA. World policeman isn't either. Maybe it is best to simply recognize that and tear down this huge military sham we have, come home disengage with the world, and stick to what we do better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies