Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2019, 07:08 PM

42,851 posts, read 26,259,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
"Diversity is a strenght" is probably the most ignorant phrase parroted with absolutely no basis or proof. Any thinking person knows that is untrue.

As a nation, we should welcome legal immigrants, as we always have, but we should demand they assimilate into the culture. We should not be encouraging the balkanization of our country.
Immigrants always assimilate some sooner than later. All of my grandparents were immigrants but my French Grandparents hated speaking English and only did so when they had to. They were citizens, worked hard and paid taxes but they never felt a need to abandon their native tongue or their culture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2019, 07:12 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,380,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Immigrants always assimilate some sooner than later. All of my grandparents were immigrants but my French Grandparents hated speaking English and only did so when they had to. They were citizens, worked hard and paid taxes but they never felt a need to abandon their native tongue or their culture.
Yes, they do, naturally. My husband is an immigrant. However, the Democrats prefer to divide immigrants and keep them dependent by putting them in the victim category instead of encouraging assimilation. I am becoming a bit more Democrat, while my immigrant husband is much more Republican, btw.

Old 10-20-2019, 07:17 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times
Quote:
"Diversity is a strenght" is probably the most ignorant phrase parroted with absolutely no basis or proof. Any thinking person knows that is untrue.

As a nation, we should welcome legal immigrants, as we always have, but we should demand they assimilate into the culture. We should not be encouraging the balkanization of our country.
Heretic! Burn him!

Old 10-20-2019, 07:22 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Not in 2019.

BTW even a number of white nationalist/separatists are interracially married with biracial children

This has always been and will always be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
I stated a fact. Most people of every race prefer to live around their people. They prefer to be led by one of their own. They go to church and other functions with mostly people of their own race. Most marry within their own race. Those aren’t my sweeping generalizations. They are simply facts. That shouldn’t bother you just as it shouldn’t bother them that some people don’t prefer to be mostly around those of their own race.

Old 10-20-2019, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Not in 2019.

BTW even a number of white nationalist/separatists are interracially married with biracial children

This has always been and will always be.
That's because these people are not white nationalists. All 47 white nationalists in this nation probably live with their own. The rest of the 300.000 million of us, including those of us, like me, who are married to someone of a different race who is also an immigrant believe that we should welcome people from anywhere LEGALLY and assimilate them into our country.

Old 10-20-2019, 07:37 PM

What people SAY and what they DO(and who they SCREW) are two completely different things.

Strom Thurmond was a staunch segregationist yet he had a black daughter whom he loved and provided for. That situation was not unique and there are MANY more from the past and today.

Quote:
That's because these people are not white nationalists. All 47 white nationalists in this nation probably live with their own. The rest of the 300.000 million of us, including those of us, like me, who are married to someone of a different race who is also an immigrant believe that we should welcome people from anywhere LEGALLY and assimilate them into our country.

Old 10-20-2019, 07:43 PM

BTW Asian women are all the rage with white nationalists today

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/asian...b05c15dea89437

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/06/o...an-fetish.html

https://planamag.com/no-conflicts-th...n-92eb5c16eef0

Old 10-20-2019, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
What people SAY and what they DO(and who they SCREW) are two completely different things.

Strom Thurmond was a staunch segregationist yet he had a black daughter whom he loved and provided for. That situation was not unique and there are MANY more from the past and today.
Yes, I'm well aware of Thurmond's past. That is an episode of the Democrat, Jim Crow Southern regime and doesn't exist today. To try to say that people of today are the same as people of 50 years ago is an injustice in itself.

Old 10-20-2019, 07:50 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:

Old 10-20-2019, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Yes, I'm well aware of Thurmond's past. That is an episode of the Democrat, Jim Crow Southern regime and doesn't exist today. To try to say that people of today are the same as people of 50 years ago is an injustice in itself.

My original response was to the post below. Your posts make no sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
I stated a fact. Most people of every race prefer to live around their people. They prefer to be led by one of their own. They go to church and other functions with mostly people of their own race. Most marry within their own race. Those aren’t my sweeping generalizations. They are simply facts. That shouldn’t bother you just as it shouldn’t bother them that some people don’t prefer to be mostly around those of their own race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies