Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2019, 09:44 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
The U.S. was much better off prior to Kennedy’s lies and the Immigration Act of 1965.
Nope. Not if you weren't a white male. Folks like me pretty much were pretty restricted in where we could live, work, or go to school.

Your father or grandfather's America isn't coming back. You're just going to have to deal with folks who don't look like you are your neighbors, and you're going to have to get along with them and be civil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2019, 09:52 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
To paraphrase Peggy Lee, Is that all there is?
Not really. You admitted forced diversity is a real thing. We established that. Thank you.

Old 11-04-2019, 09:57 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Idaho is calling you. Montana also...or Poland.

Or, a far out gated burb in NC or SC...somewhere. Vive La Difference.
Liberals hate science...

Old 11-04-2019, 10:01 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Nope. Not if you weren't a white male. Folks like me pretty much were pretty restricted in where we could live, work, or go to school.

Your father or grandfather's America isn't coming back. You're just going to have to deal with folks who don't look like you are your neighbors, and you're going to have to get along with them and be civil.
That is sadly the thing. Some people want the America where non-White individuals were restricted in where they could work, live, go to school etc. Some individuals want that America back because they want America to be "Whites only". Notice how none of them can tell someone like you or me how America would have been better for individuals like us before the Kennedy years.

Old 11-04-2019, 10:04 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
That is sadly the thing. Some people want the America where non-White individuals were restricted in where they could work, live, go to school etc. Some individuals want that America back because they want America to be "Whites only". Notice how none of them can tell someone like you or me how America would have been better for individuals like us before the Kennedy years.
They don't care, because their group wasn't affected by any of that

Old 11-04-2019, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Idaho is calling you. Montana also...or Poland.

Or, a far out gated burb in NC or SC...somewhere. Vive La Difference.
There is an irony to this. Some minorities are already moving to Idaho. I'm a minority myself and wouldn't mind giving Montana a try. It is a beautiful place in terms of landscapes, with the Rockies and the Plains.

Old 11-04-2019, 10:06 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
There is an irony to this. Some minorities are already moving to Idaho. I'm a minority myself and wouldn't mind giving Montana a try. It is a beautiful place in terms of landscapes, with the Rockies and the Plains.
Racist ex-cop Mark Furhman moved to Idaho after he was forced to retire from the LAPD. I wonder why?

Old 11-04-2019, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I would go as far as to say said persons want the America where no non-Whites would be allowed. It isn't just "we don't care because our group wasn't affected". It is also "we want those minorities to stay away, we like an America where they don't exist".

Old 11-04-2019, 10:09 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Quote:
My "group" had nothing to do with any of that since they were in 95% Caucasian MN when they arrived here. Any wrongdoing done to the locals here I can assure they've been taken care of.

Old 11-04-2019, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Racist ex-cop Mark Furhman moved to Idaho after he was forced to retire from the LAPD. I wonder why?
We know why. However, more minorities have move to Idaho in recent years. If some people think "let's go to Idaho and get away from minorities", Idaho isn't 99% White anymore like it was back in 1970. Hispanics are 12% of Idaho's population. Idaho's Black population, though very small, is among the fastest growing in the USA (by percentage growth). A large part of it consists of African refugees. There is also a small, but sizable Native American population. Anyone going to Idaho looking for a "whites only" paradise isn't going to find it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies