Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2019, 05:08 PM

2,180 posts, read 640,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
So what? As someone who grew up as a member of a minority culture group here, my heart just bleeds for you in sympathy......not!

Maybe for once, just perhaps, you'll better learn what it's like to walk in someone else's shoes. But I'm not holding my breath.
Why do white Americans have to "walk in someone else's shoes?" White folks' ancestors created the most free and open and fair-to-minority societies on the planet. People are lucky to be in the USA in comparison. Unless you're black, aint nobody forced you or your ancestors here.

So....just curious.... the countries where YOUR people hail from (the origin of the "minority culture" you're a member of).... they as free and open and fair to minorities as the US... or nah?

Awful lot of "non-white" people running around with chips on their shoulders in the US when the countries their own ancestors came from are absolute regressive ****holes that are awful places to be a minority. You offer no hope that a "non-white majority" country would be MORE fair to minorities. Since there are precious few examples of same in the world. So why on earth would any white person be comfortable with the alternative you present to the status quo?

Funny how that works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2019, 05:09 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Oh puhleez.

Only one solution - get busy reproducing!
Yep. There's nothing stopping White people from reproducing.

Old 11-11-2019, 05:14 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,355,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
Why do white Americans have to "walk in someone else's shoes?" White folks' ancestors created the most free and open and fair-to-minority societies on the planet.

So....just curious.... the countries where YOUR people hail from.... they as free and open and fair to minorities as the US... or nah?

Awful lot of "non-white" people running around with chips on their shoulders in the US when the countries their own ancestors came from are absolute regressive ****holes that are awful places to be a minority. You offer no hope that a "non-white majority" country would be MORE fair to minorities. Since there are precious few examples of same in the world.

Funny how that works.
Don't break your hand patting yourself on the back with self congratulatory prattle.

Let's just take the USA for an example. That "Free, open and fair to minorities" stuff wasn't given to them at the onset, like it was to white people, both native born and immigrants. It took a civil war, lots of conflict, and advocacy by such minorities to get there ----- against a whole lot of white resistance. It was earned and fought for, and against opposition represented by the reactionary chauvinism that you often advocate. Can't have it both ways.

Miss me with that nonsense and gaslighting.

Old 11-11-2019, 05:21 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Don't break your hand patting yourself on the back with self congratulatory prattle.

Let's just take the USA for an example. That "Free, open and fair to minorities" stuff wasn't given to them at the onset, like it was to white people, both native born and immigrants. It took a civil war, lots of conflict, and advocacy by such minorities to get there ----- against a whole lot of white resistance. It was earned and fought for, and against opposition represented by the reactionary chauvinism that you often advocate. Can't have it both ways.

Minorities in this country have what they have because they fought back. Blacks especially. We have a fairer society than ever before because of that fighting back. Societies with that "fairness" involved, there were certain groups who were openly excluded from it.

Old 11-11-2019, 05:44 PM

Quote:

Yes. Progress was hard fought. So what? At least the progress was made - as a direct consequence of the superior cultural foundations laid out within the post-enlightenment period which runs through western civilization.

What excuse do you have in 2020 for "your people" and the countries THEY RUN while you're casting stones about WHITE PEOPLE having to "walk in your shoes?" *********r shoes.

Your people (whatever they are) obviously didn't bother caring about fighting for "minority rights" until THEY WERE MINORITIES THEMSELVES in a "white country" and got what is usually these days just a TINY taste of what minorities in the "home country" go through. Today.

Which is the typical pattern, isn't it? Your people didn't fight for minorities "back home".... otherwise there'd be progress in those countries for minorities. No, YOUR people only give a crap when they're on the RECEIVING END in a foreign place.

Don't EVER overstate your role. If white Americans were a fraction as racist as minorities say they were, this country would look like the places your people come from.

Old 11-11-2019, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Minorities in this country have what they have because they fought back. Blacks especially. We have a fairer society than ever before because of that fighting back. Societies with that "fairness" involved, there were certain groups who were openly excluded from it.

That "fighting back" is only tolerated in societies that already have a penchant for it due to cultural conditioning.

You don't get rights unless you convince a morally open society that you are deserving. In most other parts of the non-white world, the response to minority agitation for equality is not imperfect progress, but suppression.

Old 11-11-2019, 06:06 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,086,660 times
Quote:
So what? As someone who grew up as a member of a minority culture group here, my heart just bleeds for you in sympathy......not!

Maybe for once, just perhaps, you'll better learn what it's like to walk in someone else's shoes. But I'm not holding my breath.
Quote:
Why do white Americans have to "walk in someone else's shoes?" White folks' ancestors created the most free and open and fair-to-minority societies on the planet. People are lucky to be in the USA in comparison. Unless you're black, aint nobody forced you or your ancestors here.

So....just curious.... the countries where YOUR people hail from (the origin of the "minority culture" you're a member of).... they as free and open and fair to minorities as the US... or nah?

Awful lot of "non-white" people running around with chips on their shoulders in the US when the countries their own ancestors came from are absolute regressive ****holes that are awful places to be a minority. You offer no hope that a "non-white majority" country would be MORE fair to minorities. Since there are precious few examples of same in the world. So why on earth would any white person be comfortable with the alternative you present to the status quo?

Funny how that works.
Well said.

Old 11-11-2019, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
That particular poster wants credit for it - as if the (white dominated) power establishment gave equality and opportunities to non-white people without asking or demanding to be treated like everyone else. Puhleez.

Old 11-11-2019, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Yes. Progress was hard fought. So what? At least the progress was made - as a direct consequence of the superior cultural foundations laid out within the post-enlightenment period which runs through western civilization.

What excuse do you have in 2020 for "your people" and the countries THEY RUN while you're casting stones about WHITE PEOPLE having to "walk in your shoes?" *********r shoes.

Your people (whatever they are) obviously didn't bother caring about fighting for "minority rights" until THEY WERE MINORITIES THEMSELVES in a "white country" and got what is usually these days just a TINY taste of what minorities in the "home country" go through. Today.

Which is the typical pattern, isn't it? Your people didn't fight for minorities "back home".... otherwise there'd be progress in those countries for minorities. No, YOUR people only give a crap when they're on the RECEIVING END in a foreign place.

Don't EVER overstate your role. If white Americans were a fraction as racist as minorities say they were, this country would look like the places your people come from.

Sorry. My country is the USA, and my people are here. Period.

Dispense with the whataboutism and strawman rubbish. Puhleez.

Miss me with the self-congratulatory bovine manure.

Old 11-11-2019, 06:13 PM

Quote:

You don't get rights unless you convince a morally open society that you are deserving. In most other parts of the non-white world, the response to minority agitation for equality is not imperfect progress, but suppression.
Excuse me? You mean if I'm non white, I have to show that I deserve the same rights that are given to white people, no questions asked, without their having to ask for it or prove it? Just because supposedly my ancestors lived in a more repressive country and that's OK?

Conditional equal rights? Really now.

Did you also just come back from an AmRen convention, too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies