Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2019, 06:59 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
I observe Hispanic people where I live. They speak Spanish in public. Therefore Hispanic people don't assimilate into our culture. Do you see how you reached a false conclusion based off of your observation?
That's exactly right! If they know how to speak English but refuse to out in public then yes, it is a non-assimilation factor. Most who are speaking Spanish out in public are here illegally where I live but no big deal, right? If that's not the case then that's even further proof that Hispanics even her legally refuse to speak English. Don't like how I feel then feel free not to read my posts!

Here's an example of what I mean. A couple moved in down the block who are from Mexico and they don't speak any English yet they have lived here for years (status unknown). They had the Mexican flag flying above the American flag (of which I give them one point for the latter at least) on a pole outside their house and two Mexicans flags flying off their car. A neighbor who does speak Spanish talked to them about it being improper to fly a foreign flag above the American one and they more or less told him to go to hell. I live in a senior community where there are many veterans such as myself. These are arrogant pompous people who are living in this country with no respect for our flag, our country or its citizens. That's only one example of the rudeness I have seen from Hispanics. So don't judge a book by a cover with you and your buddy's unwarranted personal attacks!

Last edited by Oldglory; 11-14-2019 at 07:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2019, 07:05 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,348,473 times
Quote:
hahaha I can definitely see that now. I don't know why it is so triggering to see people speaking Spanish in public. You're right, I just need to leave it alone. I don't think there is anything I can say or any stats I can put forth that will change his mind or get him to second guess his opinion.
Well, in his case, ethnocentrism and xenophobia is an incurable disease.

Old 11-14-2019, 07:08 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
That's exactly right! If they know how to speak English but refuse to out in public then yes, it is a non-assimilation factor. Most who are speaking Spanish out in public are here illegally where I live but no big deal, right? If that's not the case then that's even further proof that Hispanics even her legally refuse to speak English. Don't like how I feel then feel free not to read my posts!
If you oppose open borders and the transformation of US society and culture, in other words you're a normal patriotic citizen, the open borders leftist crowd will name call, label and ridicule to try to silence and discredit. I think or hope most people can see through their tactic.

Well we're not going to be force fed the crap sandwich of open borders and forced to say it's good or just keep quiet.

Old 11-14-2019, 07:10 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,217,021 times
Quote:

Here's an example of what I mean. A couple moved in down the block who are from Mexico and they don't speak any English yet they have lived here for years (status unknown). They had the Mexican flag flying above the American flag (of which I give them one point for the latter at least) on a pole outside their house and two Mexicans flags flying off their car. A neighbor who does speak Spanish talked to them about it being improper to fly a foreign flag above the American one and they more or less told him to go to hell. I live in a senior community where there are many veterans such as myself. These are arrogant pompous people who are living in this country with no respect for our flag, our country or its citizens. That's only one example of the rudeness I have seen from Hispanics. So don't judge a book by a cover with you and your buddy's unwarranted personal attacks!
Right, so your anecdote about your neighbor totally validates your point about Hispanic immigrants as a whole.

Old 11-14-2019, 07:14 PM

18,560 posts, read 7,362,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Well, in his case, ethnocentrism and xenophobia is an incurable disease.
No, they are healthy and normal.

Old 11-14-2019, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
No, they are healthy and normal.
Yeah and it pretends ethnocentrism and xenophobia is a one way street, there's no La Raza for instance. The main difference is they brought theirs to us Americans.

Old 11-14-2019, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Right, so your anecdote about your neighbor totally validates your point about Hispanic immigrants as a whole.
Yes, I'm clear across the country from OG and it's similar types of things here. And most of them aren't immigrants but illegal.

Old 11-14-2019, 07:29 PM

Quote:
I don't care either. You think the economy wouldn't take a hit? Yes, without data what you see and hear is emotion. The interpreter of the hearing and sight is using that experience to paint a conclusion off of his experience, without data or statistics to back up his assertion. When you base your You don't think you would pay higher prices at the stores, industries that rely on their labor would experience mass shortages?

Look, I would like to see the laws honored, however, I'm not going to delude myself into thinking that it would have no impact on the economy. I think going after employers in certain industries is a good start, we have to find Americans or other immigrants to take jobs in a meat processing plant for instance.

https://fortune.com/2017/09/08/trump...migrants-daca/

https://theconversation.com/why-mass...-economy-73504
So what price do you want to put on respect for our laws? I'm sure when Americans commit crimes that someone will be disadvantaged if they are taken to jail also. What are your priorities? The left is always screaming about punishing the employers as an end all solution to illegal immigration and here you are telling me that we shouldn't go after the employers because our economy would take a hit? HUH? It always costly to enforce any laws. Should we just do away with laws and the enforcement of them because it's costly to do so?

A meat packing plant back in Iowa was raided a few years ago and Americans lined up around the corner for those jobs. If a job won't be taken by an American for a fair wage then what about legal immigrants doing them? Hiring illegal aliens in unacceptable and unlawful. As for the economy, with the exodus of illegal aliens out of our country we common folks wouldn't have to cover the over $100 billion a year that they cost us. All the greedy employers do is pocket the profits from their cheap, illegal workers. Illegal aliens also send billions out our country back to their homelands not spent in our economy. You aren't looking at all the angles in regards to our economy or the ramifications for not reigning in the employers and deporting illegal aliens as they make themselves known.

Old 11-14-2019, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Reading comprehension much? I said that was just one example. I have seen this arrogance over and over where I live.

Old 11-14-2019, 07:32 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,217,021 times
Quote:
So what price do you want to put on respect for our laws? I'm sure when Americans commit crimes that someone will be disadvantaged if they are taken to jail also. What are your priorities? The left is always screaming about punishing the employers as an end all solution to illegal immigration and here you are telling me that we shouldn't go after the employers because our economy would take a hit? HUH? It always costly to enforce any laws. Should we just do away with laws and the enforcement of them because it's costly to do so?

A meat packing plant back in Iowa was raided a few years ago and Americans lined up around the corner for those jobs. If a job won't be taken by an American for a fair wage then what about legal immigrants doing them? Hiring illegal aliens in unacceptable and unlawful. As for the economy, with the exodus of illegal aliens out of our country we common folks wouldn't have to cover the over $100 billion a year that they cost us. All the greedy employers do is pocket the profits from their cheap, illegal workers. Illegal aliens also send billions out our country back to their homelands not spent in our economy. You aren't looking at all the angles in regards to our economy or the ramifications for not reigning in the employers and deporting illegal aliens as they make themselves known.
I never said we shouldn't. I just said don't delude yourself into thinking that this won't impact the economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies