Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2019, 06:16 PM

661 posts, read 522,029 times

Advertisements

As a 27 year old millennial sometimes I think I've been misplaced. Big part of me wishes we can go back to the relative way things were at least couple decades ago in America and the west. I don't want this world to end in tyranny. Why can't we get spared? In history that has always happened, but it looks like we will never recover and sink into the abyss. Why can't I have been born when my parents or grandparents were born?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2019, 06:22 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,255,902 times
The short answer is that most people realized religion is made up, so they stopped behaving. And there's no going back from that.

Old 09-29-2019, 06:28 PM

20,873 posts, read 9,546,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostee View Post
As a 27 year old millennial sometimes I think I've been misplaced. Big part of me wishes we can go back to the relative way things were at least couple decades ago in America and the west. I don't want this world to end in tyranny. Why can't we get spared? In history that has always happened, but it looks like we will never recover and sink into the abyss. Why can't I have been born when my parents or grandparents were born?
If we went back to that time, you would not be typing your complaint on an internet forum.

Old 09-29-2019, 06:29 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
I hear you.. at one time there was much more respect...Democrats have no respect for the Presidency. None. They are trashing their own reputation . Their self respect is gone with no standards at all. They are very radical and want very radical changes. They want to change us to what they want us to think, what we should drive, eat, and believe and use the news media to brainwash with propaganda , innuendo, hearsay, speculation and say anything at all to brainwash the masses. One has to be very careful or we will be a communist country before most even know it. Radical means drastic change. Obama's transformation was stopped by Trump. They want to program everyone thinking the same. Those who love America and the Constitution, their freedom and their rights will not be lead down that path. The hate news could make you hate your family, your God, your own self as they fill your head with hate toward anyone or anything.. this is not freedom. It is programming. The communists are all programmed to be one mind and told not the truth, but whatever the forces want them to believe. The Orwellian way is described in the book 1984. This is the playbook for the radicals to change us into robots. One is not educated until they read it.

Old 09-29-2019, 06:30 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,331,057 times
The world is getting better in most ways. There are also some ways it is getting worse. Youre own bias will determine how you see it and what you choose to pay attention to.

Old 09-29-2019, 06:31 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,255,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
If we went back to that time, you would not be typing your complaint on an internet forum.
I'd take that deal.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/s...ie-1203215439/

20,873 posts, read 9,546,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Democrats have no respect for the Presidency....
AHAHAHA! That was pretty funny.

6,460 posts, read 3,983,103 times
I take you're white, male, heterosexual, middle-class, pretty vanilla, etc.? Otherwise things in "the good old days" wouldn't be so nice for you.

Old 09-29-2019, 06:33 PM

16,093 posts, read 10,757,764 times
Pick a year and make a check list of all the great things you like about it and post your list to this thread....see what happens next.

Old 09-29-2019, 06:36 PM

661 posts, read 522,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I hear you.. at one time there was much more respect...Democrats have no respect for the Presidency. None. They are trashing their own reputation . Their self respect is gone with no standards at all. They are very radical and want very radical changes. They want to change us to what they want us to think, what we should drive, eat, and believe and use the news media to brainwash with propaganda , innuendo, hearsay, speculation and say anything at all to brainwash the masses. One has to be very careful or we will be a communist country before most even know it. Radical means drastic change. Obama's transformation was stopped by Trump. They want to program everyone thinking the same. Those who love America and the Constitution, their freedom and their rights will not be lead down that path. The hate news could make you hate your family, your God, your own self as they fill your head with hate toward anyone or anything.. this is not freedom. It is programming. The communists are all programmed to be one mind and told not the truth, but whatever the forces want them to believe. The Orwellian way is described in the book 1984. This is the playbook for the radicals to change us into robots. One is not educated until they read it.

I've thought before that it almost makes me want to brainwash THEM next time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies