Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2019, 01:58 PM

15,821 posts, read 6,527,022 times

Advertisements

As long as she can take a hard tackle, no problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3BVlCBvzZY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2019, 02:01 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
I’m 6’7 so of course I play basketball, of course as center, just most competitively at the varsity level.

A neighborhood pickup game is fun and brings people together. When you put too much structure around it though it becomes corrupted.

I had no student loans(paid for with tuition reimbursement working in the field I was advancing my career into and studying for rather than play a game).

I’m not saying ban sports or anything. But they’re supposed to be exercises in fun. Not tax dollar funded spectacles. Most other scholarships come from outside sources, which is fine. Switch up athletic scholarships to be funded by professional sports organizations and I would be fine with that.
You've gotten way off topic.

Females who were once males - should they be able to compete in women's sports?

A simple yes or no with a reason is all that is required.

Old 10-11-2019, 02:02 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Privatize everything and then form consensual agreements on athletic events.

So easy even a caveman...err...excuse me a caveperson (gender neutral) can do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYottyI027o

Old 10-11-2019, 02:08 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Privatize everything and then form consensual agreements on athletic events.

So easy even a caveman...err...excuse me a caveperson (gender neutral) can do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYottyI027o
I believe you mean caveperchild.

Old 10-11-2019, 02:11 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I believe you mean caveperchild.
Possibly.

Suggesting someone lives in a cave is probably insensitive to the homeless too.

I'll just tape my mouth shut. It's the only way to win nowadays.

Old 10-11-2019, 02:15 PM

17,306 posts, read 12,228,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You've gotten way off topic.

Females who were once males - should they be able to compete in women's sports?

A simple yes or no with a reason is all that is required.
How so? Scholarships were brought up as one of the reasons why they shouldn't.

Weight classes, divisions, handicaps, all viable ways to deal with that issue. Not that it even matters, purpose is just exercise, teamwork, and fun. So yes, they should.

Old 10-11-2019, 04:27 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
I’m 6’7 so of course I play basketball, of course as center, just most competitively at the varsity level.

A neighborhood pickup game is fun and brings people together. When you put too much structure around it though it becomes corrupted.

I had no student loans(paid for with tuition reimbursement working in the field I was advancing my career into and studying for rather than play a game).

I’m not saying ban sports or anything. But they’re supposed to be exercises in fun. Not tax dollar funded spectacles. Most other scholarships come from outside sources, which is fine. Switch up athletic scholarships to be funded by professional sports organizations and I would be fine with that.
Did your imaginary varsity basketball teammates view the team and games as nothing more than exercise and fun ? Maybe they did if you played at a Division -3 school.

Whether college sports should be a billion dollar industry is a separate issue. The girl who spoke doesn't receive a penny, nor do hundreds of thousands of high school and college students who participate. The sport rightly means more than fun and exercise to most of them. btw, your idealized notion of pick-up games always being fun and bringing people together is another fantasy.

Old 10-11-2019, 05:17 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,296,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Not to worry Jazzy, little boys everywhere are learning to pretend to be girls so they can get a free ride to college. Damn it's so woke now it's hard to ever sleep.
So these little boys are going to start Hormone Suppression Drugs in their early years of HS in order to pretend to be girls. Their parents will allow that?

Old 10-11-2019, 05:30 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,296,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
But it's only been recently that there have been numerous trans actually taking advantage of it (CMIIR).
There have been some in college sports since it's implementation. Close to a dozen. The NCAA also has clearly written in it's policy it can be changed at any time based on what the future holds.

I believe the story that brought the topic to the fore-front was the two HS track runners from Conn. I referenced this earlier or maybe in another thread, that those 2 individuals are now in their senior year and as far as I know neither has even started HRT, which is required for one complete year to compete in college sports.

Since most scholarships are offered during a students Jr year, and they would not even be recruited until performance is shown after that one year of HRT, the ship has pretty much sailed for either of those individuals getting a scholarship. Really only possibility at this point, is take a year off to meet requirements and then try to be a walk on somewhere. Possibly then they could transfer to D2 or D1 and get a scholarship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies