Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 07:01 AM

20,871 posts, read 9,536,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Pretty sure when the UAW strike against GM concludes, those numbers will improve.

As for the trade war, it is something that has to happen.
The weakness in that report spread far beyond the auto sector.

https://www.instituteforsupplymanage...grob.cfm?SSO=1
Quote:
Of the 18 manufacturing industries, three reported growth in September: Miscellaneous Manufacturing; Food, Beverage & Tobacco Products; and Chemical Products. The 15 industries reporting contraction in September — in the following order — are: Apparel, Leather & Allied Products; Printing & Related Support Activities; Wood Products; Electrical Equipment, Appliances & Components; Textile Mills; Paper Products; Fabricated Metal Products; Plastics & Rubber Products; Petroleum & Coal Products; Primary Metals; Transportation Equipment; Nonmetallic Mineral Products; Machinery; Furniture & Related Products; and Computer & Electronic Products.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2019, 07:04 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
This is why they didn't want Trump elected. Especially when Trump said he wanted to clean up the swamp.. that scared the hell out of Washington including the Rinos that hate Trump.. the pay for play is big business with the global entities .. they are still trying to get Trump impeached.. and the swamp creatures are coming up for air.. those slimey creatures of the deep state.

A 'want' that quickly went away as soon as he gained control of the swamp and could use it for his own purposes. But, him being a self-proclaimed 'stable genius' does explain the strong odor of horse manure permeating the swamp.

Old 10-17-2019, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
In the year leading up to Trump's election, the stock markets were flat....
Ah yes, cherry pick just one year.

The stock market has been flat for the last nearly two years under Trump. I can cherry pick time frames too!

Quote:
Real GDP increased 2.2% the first year (2017) and 2.9% in 2018.
Well whoop-tee-do. Real GDP increased 2.9% in 2015 and 2.6% in 2010.

Old 10-17-2019, 07:06 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
And what actual evidence of "corruption" has turned up in the 11 years since Mr. Brokaw's story?
Turn on a real news channel or go to a real news site and you'll have your answer. Keeping your head in the sand with CNN, NB, MSNBC, WaPo, etc. isn't helping you.

Old 10-17-2019, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Turn on a real news channel or go to a real news site and you'll have your answer. Keeping your head in the sand with CNN, NB, MSNBC, WaPo, etc. isn't helping you.
I am sorry to inform you, but Fox News and Breitbart do not count as real news sites. They are propaganda.

Old 10-17-2019, 07:17 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
You don't have an answer, then?

I watch Fox at least as much as I watch CNN. I'm not seeing them parade out the evidence, either.

Old 10-17-2019, 08:11 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Ah yes, cherry pick just one year.

The stock market has been flat for the last nearly two years under Trump. I can cherry pick time frames too!

Well whoop-tee-do. Real GDP increased 2.9% in 2015 and 2.6% in 2010.
Trying to negotiate with China to change it's corrupt trade practices, is one reason why the market is in a bit of flux.

China desperately wants to destroy all the world's competition, and stealing everyone's intellectual property so they can bootleg their products and, and drive them out of business by mass producing their products with Chinese slave laborers, is not going to be easy, and will not happen overnight, nor without interim market fluctuations.

Or are you one of those people that thinks all the world should just give up, play dead bug, flip over on their backs and surrender to China's corrupt trade practices, until they completely dominate all the world's markets?

Old 10-17-2019, 08:31 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
I am sorry to inform you, but Fox News and Breitbart do not count as real news sites. They are propaganda.
...and you cannot just limit yourself to watching those channels, and think of yourself as informed, because most of the time, all the cable and broadcast news channel are focused 24/7, on the same exact irrelevant, click-bait news stories.

The cable news channels, and print media just manufacture the news. When all they do is report the news, and there is nothing to report, they just create the news.

I saw this after working on a big project for two months. I was so absorbed in work that I was not watching the news, not reading papers or internet news sites, not listening to talk radio. I only turned on the news at my hotel once or twice in two months. Each time, the biggest news story every network was hyper ventilating over, was some stupid, inane, irrelevant tweet by Trump. They assembled talking heads to either dump on Trump's tweet, or dump on the people who were dumping on Trump's tweet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies