Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2019, 08:14 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,521,031 times

Advertisements

I hope if he is arrested, they make him do a perp walk out of Trump Towers for the cameras
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2019, 08:16 AM

8,502 posts, read 3,340,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Zelenskyy said he got rid of his ambassador to the US but never gave the reason, and it was a male. He was speaking to the US ambassador to Ukraine supporting the prior president who was a she, you are mixing up the two.

Guess where one of Giuliani's affidavits came from, Firtash who the US is attempting to extradite on bribery charges who is currently on house arrest in Vienna because of money laundering. He is a Russian connected oligarch.

So the reason Yavonovitch was removed was on Giuliani's recommendation and the investigation of his two recently arrested associates. This is a corruption of the mission of the state department.
One more piece ... Lutsenko (the Prosecutor General recently fired by Zelensky) was behind the Giuliani effort:

Lutsenko reached out to Giuliani in January 2019 with information to draw Giuliani in - the 2016 election and a Biden dossier he compiled. Lutsenko is very open about exactly how he 'recruited' Giuliani' telling it as a story of manipulation with assertions he now says are false.

Lutsenko succeeded in getting rid of Yovanovitch: He bragged about how he forced out Yovanovitch using mafia slang in a message to the head of the Ukraine’s Anticorruption Action Center that he had “eliminated [her] roof” - that being the US Embassy effort spearheaded by Yovanovitch to fight Ukraine corruption.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/05/w...tor-trump.html

Old 10-12-2019, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Muller was an ACTING employee of the government employed to investigate. HE has a DUTY to turn in ALL evidence. Glenn Beck and Rudy Guliani are NOT employees of the government and as such they are not duty bound in ANY manner.
And THAT precisely is the point.

Old 10-12-2019, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Who is claiming Guliani hasn't handed over the documentation he has? I haven't heard THAT on the news. Furthermore, why the hell should he hand it over to anyone? He isn't a government agent working for the government so he has no lawful DUTY to hand it over.
You find nothing wrong with the POTUS empowering his personal attorney to 'investigate' (badly it looks like) for his benefit ... approach the American people through the media for his benefit ... but then still operate outside any US evidentiary procedures ... The very evidentiary procedures that he as POTUS is sworn to uphold?

More ... it appears there may well be criminality (the application of those same evidentiary processes) connected to that ^^^ process.

Old 10-12-2019, 08:34 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,559,995 times
The real Ukraine corruption involves Giuliani and trump.

Old 10-12-2019, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
His 'personal attorney' was also a former US District Attorney for the Southern District. That's a pretty big shot position there--so I think Guiliani is qualified and knows the law.

In the transcript, he was also working in conjunction with the current US Attorney General. Trump wanted them BOTH to be in contact with the Ukrainians--he says this several times in the transcript.

The press fails to mention any of this when the issue is brought up.

BTW, Joe Biden is former Vice President of the United States.

He recently called for Trump to be impeached. SO why isn't he seen as 'meddling' or interfering with the Congressional process? Why isn't he being called out for attempting to influence Congress to do his 'dirty work?'
This is so important. The transcript says that would happen but it did not. The press I read reported that; the media outlets you read did not. This turns discourse into a farce because everyone has a different set of 'facts.'

The below is my recollection with I believe Barr making the statement the day after this went public:

"A Justice Department official said that Mr. Barr had no knowledge of the call until the director of national intelligence and the intelligence community’s inspector general sent the department the whistle-blower’s criminal referral late last month, and that Mr. Trump has not spoken with the attorney general “about having Ukraine investigate anything relating to former Vice President Biden or his son.â€

"Mr. Trump has not asked Mr. Barr to contact Ukraine for any reason, Mr. Barr has not communicated with Ukraine on any topic, and Mr. Barr has not spoken with Mr. Giuliani about the president’s phone call “or anything relating to Ukraine,†a Justice Department spokeswoman, Kerri Kupec, said in a statement."
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/25/u...p-ukraine.html

Giuliani was not working with Barr. This was a Giuliani-led effort that although others were well aware - just not the appropriate US governmental source which would be the DOJ. It involved shady characters with Giuliani himself now under investigation.

Old 10-12-2019, 11:51 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,598,178 times
Quote:
This is just more and more of the deep state scam and the old guard deep state swamp needs to be completely drained.
You have been very well trained.

Old 10-12-2019, 04:06 PM

57,270 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
I'm done with this dog and pony show thread. This is more nothingburger and is a complete waste of time. What's more is it is all based upon to supposed unnamed "anonymous sources"... so the left wing media runs wild with the fake news of the day.

Our nation is suffering because of all this wasted effort by the left to overthrow an elected President. If the left put 1/4 of the effort into doing the damn job they were sent to Washington DC to do, this nation might actually benefit but NO... they want to waste the resources of both congressional houses, in leftist lockstep, to thwart and prevent any and everything the President supports, while actively attacking him and accusing him of all kinds of BS that THEY and people in THEIR party created, manufactured and engaged in... instead of doing their damn jobs.

I'm done with this thread!
We are all suffering because of Trumps actions. At the start of his administration supporters excused his actions because they claimed he is different. I don't see you can dismiss his current actions, you can either believe him or you can believe the state department employees. This current chaos is all because of him, don't blame congress for doing its job of oversight.

Giuliani isn't doing Trump any favors with his comments or actions, you would expect a former US prosecutor to understand the law and keep better company.

Old 10-12-2019, 04:24 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,598,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
We are all suffering because of Trumps actions. At the start of his administration supporters excused his actions because they claimed he is different. I don't see you can dismiss his current actions, you can either believe him or you can believe the state department employees. This current chaos is all because of him, don't blame congress for doing its job of oversight.

Giuliani isn't doing Trump any favors with his comments or actions, you would expect a former US prosecutor to understand the law and keep better company.
Trump supporters what you think of the US selling out the Kurds? What you think will happen with ISIS in the future as a result ?

Old 10-12-2019, 04:30 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,342,545 times
I watched 20 years of Republican investigations churn up nothing but conspiracy theories.

Now I see Republicans complain about Democrat investigations that actually throw people in prison.

I'm willing to give Democrats the benefit of the doubt, they seem to be cleaning the swamp, unlike Republicans whom are either incompetent or found nothing over the decades.

I'm a Republican that has become disgusted with what the party has turned into.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies