Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2019, 10:48 AM

3,372 posts, read 1,559,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
There is a Planet Fitness here located in the most diverse neighborhood in the area. It is only ten bucks a month. It is full of white people.
Well then if that is the case Planet Fitness must be racist. Clearly the "judgement free zone" is a sign of white supremacy and cultural appropriation. And they charge $10 per month. And who is on the $10 bill? Alexander Hamilton. Need I say more?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2019, 11:57 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,789,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
It's de rigueur to blame white people for anything and everything.
Eh...I think most of you who start these sorts of thread are similar to those who like to blame white people for everything (and FWIW it gets on my nerves when black people especially - and I'm black - blame everything in their lives on white people as IMO it shows they have embraced a white supremacy complex being that they as black people have no ability to do anything to improve their lot).

That said, I don't agree in regards to whatever is in the video as displayed by the title. Not going to watch the video as it is funny to me that so many of the white posters here like to go around and act like a substantial amount of things are "blamed" on them like they are being attacked when really most black woman, including this one, doesn't really GAF about you lol.

I think black women are more likely to be obese because we don't eat well and we exercise less and we are more stressed out on average than other Americans. The stress can be because of dealing with racism, but not necessarily. And some people, including myself, stress/emotionally eat at times. But to get better with our health we need to focus on eating better and moving more and getting toxic individuals out of our lives versus taking the jump to white supremacy, which is not anything we can diminish anyway.

Old 10-14-2019, 01:21 PM

3,732 posts, read 1,428,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Eh...I think most of you who start these sorts of thread are similar to those who like to blame white people for everything (and FWIW it gets on my nerves when black people especially - and I'm black - blame everything in their lives on white people as IMO it shows they have embraced a white supremacy complex being that they as black people have no ability to do anything to improve their lot).

That said, I don't agree in regards to whatever is in the video as displayed by the title. Not going to watch the video as it is funny to me that so many of the white posters here like to go around and act like a substantial amount of things are "blamed" on them like they are being attacked when really most black woman, including this one, doesn't really GAF about you lol.

I think black women are more likely to be obese because we don't eat well and we exercise less and we are more stressed out on average than other Americans. The stress can be because of dealing with racism, but not necessarily. And some people, including myself, stress/emotionally eat at times. But to get better with our health we need to focus on eating better and moving more and getting toxic individuals out of our lives versus taking the jump to white supremacy, which is not anything we can diminish anyway.
The gym that I go to. The black women I see that work out are African women, afro Caribbean women and afro Latina. Not that many African American women work out at the gym that I go to. Some do work out though. I always bring up the question. Why I don't see black American in the gym in high numbers vs African, afro Latino and afro Caribbean women? Maybe it can be due to ill regular work hours or long work hours, tending to children, academic advancement. All of which can limit a black American woman's chances on going to the gym.

Old 10-14-2019, 01:59 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,381,739 times
Imagine going through life not being responsible for yourself.

Old 10-14-2019, 03:50 PM

3,732 posts, read 1,428,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Imagine going through life not being responsible for yourself.
Life would be breezy.

Old 10-14-2019, 03:58 PM

3,592 posts, read 1,784,793 times
She’d have a far better argument against white people if she just blamed it on the European agricultural technics and western free enterprise that created such an abundance of cheap food.

Old 10-14-2019, 07:01 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,491,742 times
How do you know? Did you take a survey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
The gym that I go to. The black women I see that work out are African women, afro Caribbean women and afro Latina. Not that many African American women work out at the gym that I go to. Some do work out though. I always bring up the question. Why I don't see black American in the gym in high numbers vs African, afro Latino and afro Caribbean women? Maybe it can be due to ill regular work hours or long work hours, tending to children, academic advancement. All of which can limit a black American woman's chances on going to the gym.

Old 10-14-2019, 07:12 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,491,742 times
I agree and will add that black people the world over have much less of a stigma regarding women and weight. All anyone has to do is look at the mate selection of black men. Black men date and marry overweight and obese women regardless of race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

Old 10-14-2019, 07:48 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,551,152 times
Many black women are obese because they eat too much junk and don't exercise. This is the same reason most Americans are overweight. I can't tell you how many times I've been in the grocery line behind a fat, black woman buying a bunch of junk. You can't be fit and healthy consuming massive amounts of candy, pop, cake, chips, fast food, etc. It's got nothing to do with race and everything to do with personal accountability.

Old 10-14-2019, 07:50 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,551,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I agree and will add that black people the world over have much less of a stigma regarding women and weight. All anyone has to do is look at the mate selection of black men. Black men date and marry overweight and obese women regardless of race.
Personally, I'm repulsed by obese women. Most of my friends are too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies