Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2019, 12:31 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times

Advertisements

Why is it cultural appropriation when white people eat certain foods, but when those foods make you fat, it's whitey's fault?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2019, 12:33 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Thanks for being so prompt in proving my point. Your posts are the poster boy/girl of the problem. I have zero, none, nada, zip responsibility for black women being disproportionally morbidly obese.

No one said you did....unless you are saying you are a white supremacist....right? She blamed it on white supremacy. You said you had nothing to do with it. I would not expect that you would unless you are a white supremacist.

Old 10-11-2019, 01:00 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,400,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
Maybe it's reaping what is sowed of all types of people demonizing others. But then abusers/oppressors rarely need to take accountability/personal responsibility for their own actions when they make and are capable of changing the rules for their own advantage.
A person in power or that is privileged, namely a straight White and conservative cisgender man, that accepts the consequences for that they have said/done, is perhaps admirable. Of course, that factors in what they said/did.

Old 10-11-2019, 01:05 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
And the denial of the historical impact of past and present racism is an excuse to avoid collective responsibility of a nation for the oppression of a group of its citizens.
I don't subscribe to "collective guilt." I'm no more responsible for the bad things others did than I am for the good that they've done.

Sorry.

Old 10-11-2019, 01:06 PM

19,842 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Quote:
No one said you did....unless you are saying you are a white supremacist....right? She blamed it on white supremacy. You said you had nothing to do with it. I would not expect that you would unless you are a white supremacist.
Do you believe her cockamamie excuse that white supremacy is causing her morbid obesity and she is the victim? Just a few posts upthread you said that obese people self comfort via eating and sex. The mystery could easily be solved with a hidden camera.

Old 10-11-2019, 01:10 PM

I questioned her when she said that black women lose weight slower than white women even while on the same diet, but it turns out she's right.

https://consumer.healthday.com/vitam...et-683243.html

Another example of white privilege.

God is racist.

Old 10-11-2019, 01:11 PM

Quote:
You are avoiding a general truth. The healthiest foods are the most expensive. The better that something is for you, food wise, the more expensive it is.
Beans, rice, potatoes and greens aren't expensive.

Quote:
Many poor people, especially women, use food to comfort themselves. Due to the the history and legacy of this society, black women tend to need more comforting than others.
Sweet mother of Odin.........

Old 10-11-2019, 01:12 PM

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
I knew this one was a coming. First thing first. I'm not hear to fat sham, and some fat people do go on to live normal and healthy lives with weight. But complications from obesity such as Cancer, Diabetes, high blood pressure, breathing problems like asthma, and high cholesterol shortens life spans of those who have weight trouble.

At a Orpah segment for black women. An activist who is an gender studies expert explains why she is obese, and how she puts the blame on white racism and white supremacy for why black women in America are fat and over weight. I watched the video segment and it was super cringey. The woman puts blame on white supremacy and how she explains when black women experiences racism, that the matbolism changes and thus weight gain happens. I'm no fan of Trump either, but she also envokes and puts blame on the Trump era for black women on being obese or overweight aswell.

I can say that the AA community mainly those in poverty do not have the same access of healthy food, gyms, and healthcare compared to those who are average at best or those in the upper class strata. However simple health changes like 30 minutes of exercise, portion control and practicing a form of diet can improve vitality of ones own health.

I know racism is a big issue in America, and those that be want to solve race issue, however obesity affects all people. Simple healthy changes starts with the individual, and not because of Trump and White Supremacy forcing you to eat unhealthy foods.

https://youtu.be/bE9BqgztnHs
There is something faulty with our food chain and/or culture to cause so many to become obese. I was well on my way but then Read Plant Paradox and implemented most of the suggestions and now I'm fit as a fiddle....she could be too if she did what I did.

I have noticed a large number of black women are obese...they just need to educate themselves on eating healthy and then do it.

Old 10-11-2019, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Beans, rice, potatoes and greens aren't expensive.

Sweet mother of Odin.........
Listening to these two, it's like the race of excuses.

Last edited by MPowering1; 10-11-2019 at 01:53 PM..

Old 10-11-2019, 01:15 PM

Quote:
I am talking about the behavior of the poor. Obesity is more pronounced in poor people. That is a FACT in this country. Poor people tend to seek the cheapest pleasures to comfort themselves.....which is food and sex, to the degree that they may over indulge. Once you get so big from eating, one is not that attractive enough to find the pleasure in the opposite sex, which in turn leads to more consumption of food for comfort and pleasure.
Oh good grief!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies