Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2019, 12:39 AM

7,654 posts, read 5,115,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
More powerful than nukes? wow, who knew?
It is not even close to being the most powerful rifle.
No kidding right, the smart people who are rapid prototyping are making things way more devastating than AR-15's.

Google https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic...ope_separation

You could make all these parts by rapid proto typing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2019, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
It all goes to show the wisdom of Rep. Debbie Wasserman-Shultz (D,FL). She has said that ultimately we need to put stringent regulations on ammunitions. Ultimately the gun is just a dispenser. You don't stop lung cancer by putting extra regulations on cartons vs. packs vs. single cigarettes, or electronic machines vs. old-style mechanical cig. vending machines.

It's the cigarette itself that kills, and it's the bullet itself that kills. WalMart is showing leadership by banning short barrel ammunition:
https://www.aol.com/article/finance/...tion/23806341/
Bullets are even easier to make than the gun itself.

Old 10-13-2019, 12:45 AM

The next major leverage to give to a mass shooter is advanced body armor. The guns are pretty much maxed out, now its creating body armor so bad a$$ that cops can't stop the shooter and will take massive casualties themselves.

The next best material after kevlar is going to be a game-changer.

Old 10-13-2019, 04:57 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
It all goes to show the wisdom of Rep. Debbie Wasserman-Shultz (D,FL). She has said that ultimately we need to put stringent regulations on ammunitions. Ultimately the gun is just a dispenser. You don't stop lung cancer by putting extra regulations on cartons vs. packs vs. single cigarettes, or electronic machines vs. old-style mechanical cig. vending machines.

It's the cigarette itself that kills, and it's the bullet itself that kills. WalMart is showing leadership by banning short barrel ammunition:
I reload my own. I make thousands of rounds of different calibers.

Old 10-13-2019, 05:50 AM

2,899 posts, read 1,869,150 times
Quote:
The AR-15 is clearly the deadliest, most powerful weapon ever invented by man. So if someone makes it a 'boogie man,' they would be justified. Only the 475 Limbaugh might be more powerful, but does not hold as many bullets in its clip.

I read most of the article, and do not understand why they could not prosecute this guy. The issue of 'upper' vs. 'lower' did come up in another thread. From what expert posters said, the upper is totally unregulated under the law. That is not right! You pass a background check for a gun with a particular level of power. If you wish to 'upper' that level, you should have to go through another background check.
I'm sorry, you clearly do not have as much knowledge as you think you do on this subject.

You should learn about The dunning Kruger effect

Your entire argument, everything you posted is wrong.

Just for starters the "basic most common AR15" is the least powerful version. You can make AR15s in significantly more powerful calibers. And, don't forget about big brother AR10 which can fire various FULL size rifle cartridges with an accurate range to over a mile.

Ignore all the other similar guns, AK47, scar, m1a, mini14 etc... That all do the same thing as your boogy man.

Old 10-13-2019, 06:00 AM

2,899 posts, read 1,869,150 times
Quote:

Humor me...

What is short barrel ammunition?

How is it different from long barrel ammunition?

What is long barrel ammunition?

Why are short barrels mechanically more dangerous and deadly?

Shooting the same round, Which has a higher velocity a short barrel or longer barrel?

Old 10-13-2019, 06:34 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
The AR-15 is clearly the deadliest, most powerful weapon ever invented by man. So if someone makes it a 'boogie man,' they would be justified. Only the 475 Limbaugh might be more powerful, but does not hold as many bullets in its clip.

I read most of the article, and do not understand why they could not prosecute this guy. The issue of 'upper' vs. 'lower' did come up in another thread. From what expert posters said, the upper is totally unregulated under the law. That is not right! You pass a background check for a gun with a particular level of power. If you wish to 'upper' that level, you should have to go through another background check.
"AR-15 is clearly the deadliest, most powerful weapon ever invented by man." I hope you are being sarcastic.

"You pass a background check for a gun with a particular level of power" i did not know you need to pass a background to buy a .22 AR-15 rifle.

Old 10-13-2019, 06:37 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
A warning would be good, but also a background check for buying bullets. Currently in most states there is no check for the purchase of bullets. Also stores (and state governments) should follow Walmart's lead by banning short-barrel ammunitions.
"]A warning would be good, but also a background check for buying bullets."

Bullets are considered PART of "ARMS", as in The RIGHT......shall NOT be INFRINGED"!.

Old 10-13-2019, 06:43 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,449,895 times
Quote:

OMG. LOL. So many indicators this person has no clue what he is talking about. None. "Upper that level". HAHAHAHHAHA. Wow.

Old 10-13-2019, 06:51 AM

5,173 posts, read 4,945,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
Humor me...

What is short barrel ammunition?

How is it different from long barrel ammunition?

What is long barrel ammunition?

Why are short barrels mechanically more dangerous and deadly?

Thank-you. I've been trying to figure that one out myself.
If I change out my 16" barrelled upper with a 10" one, but yet it takes the same ammo, what changes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies